Shumi Arts - ShumiRai SCFC001 - 1/6 Scale Hikaru the Bounty Hunter (ヒカル)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have not disappeared YET, but that statement said nothing about what was going on. As someone stated earlier, the affiliation with Prime1 did a lot for this company, and I would like to see some sort of statement from Prime1

Unfortunately, I just stumbled into this thread but I have to say I think this figure is incredibly cool looking!!

I mostly collect Marvel and some Dc 1/6 scale figures, but I love the look of this!

Translation....

"I would like to offer my apologies to our customers.

Despite the great trust and encouragement you have given to Shumiarts so far, I deeply feel that the recent unfortunate incident is entirely due to my shortcomings, and I will deeply reflect on this incident and take full responsibility for it.

I apologize for causing you much concern, and as the representative of our company, I am deeply sorry for causing a great controversy in the figure market by causing the current incident due to various complex factors such as high maintenance losses, decreased sales, and unpaid wages to workers due to a large-scale group refund last year, and I bow my head once again to apologize for causing you financial burden and mental shock.

I also sincerely apologize to the employees and partners who have worked hard for Shumiarts. The disappointment and concern about the incident that occurred at our company lies entirely with me as the representative, and it is because I failed to put in more effort due to the wrong management method and internal problems in running the company.

I will not cover up this incident caused by reckless management. We will deeply consider the current situation and seek ways to improve it, and we will do our best to restore the damages suffered by the victims as soon as possible. We will also assume responsibility for the damages and compensation for the damages caused by this.

We will also improve the inconvenience caused by not meeting the expectations of our customers regarding our response after this incident. We are well aware that greater and longer efforts are needed than ever before, and we will respond to inquiries and related posts in order.

In addition, customers who paid by card may find it inconvenient, but if you first request a cancellation with your card company, you can receive a refund more quickly. Currently, our settlement amount is insufficient, so if customers file a complaint with their card company for cancellation, we will verify it."

Translation....

"I would like to offer my apologies to our customers.

Despite the great trust and encouragement you have given to Shumiarts so far, I deeply feel that the recent unfortunate incident is entirely due to my shortcomings, and I will deeply reflect on this incident and take full responsibility for it.

I apologize for causing you much concern, and as the representative of our company, I am deeply sorry for causing a great controversy in the figure market by causing the current incident due to various complex factors such as high maintenance losses, decreased sales, and unpaid wages to workers due to a large-scale group refund last year, and I bow my head once again to apologize for causing you financial burden and mental shock.

I also sincerely apologize to the employees and partners who have worked hard for Shumiarts. The disappointment and concern about the incident that occurred at our company lies entirely with me as the representative, and it is because I failed to put in more effort due to the wrong management method and internal problems in running the company.

I will not cover up this incident caused by reckless management. We will deeply consider the current situation and seek ways to improve it, and we will do our best to restore the damages suffered by the victims as soon as possible. We will also assume responsibility for the damages and compensation for the damages caused by this.

We will also improve the inconvenience caused by not meeting the expectations of our customers regarding our response after this incident. We are well aware that greater and longer efforts are needed than ever before, and we will respond to inquiries and related posts in order.

In addition, customers who paid by card may find it inconvenient, but if you first request a cancellation with your card company, you can receive a refund more quickly. Currently, our settlement amount is insufficient, so if customers file a complaint with their card company for cancellation, we will verify it."
Thank you for the translation! (sorry I deleted my post with the new "shumiartworks.com" statement, I cropped the images wrong lol)

So they blame a group order refund and production issues, I know lots of companies experience those, but that's not a great explanation lol. And it seems weird people have to contact their card company to cancel, why can't they just cancel all orders automatically. They're also being vague about whether or not custom figure orders will be fulfilled. I wish they updated about the Prime 1 stuff and their Hikaru figure. They had a good reputation up until now, so I assume this all isn't entirely intentional on their part, but maybe we'll hear more details later.

Well, I guess there goes my hope of getting any of their custom figures lol

Last edited:
Yeah for some reason their global shop is still up with several figures for order like their Avril Lavigne, I wonder if they just didn't get around to updating the site since probably very few people visit.

My friend sent screenshots of comments in a collector's chat group that mentioned JND Studios are planning to take over production of Hikaru and the other mass produced figure that was recently announced (I can't remember the name) There were no comments in regards to the high priced limited figures though. Again, please take this info with a pinch of salt. I've seen no official statements on the matter.

Wow that would be very interesting! I remember that one popular Korean youtuber comparing JND and Shumi, so if true this would be a funny outcome, I hope it is true since I want those figures lol

Last edited:
My friend sent screenshots of comments in a collector's chat group that mentioned JND Studios are planning to take over production of Hikaru and the other mass produced figure that was recently announced (I can't remember the name) There were no comments in regards to the high priced limited figures though. Again, please take this info with a pinch of salt. I've seen no official statements on the matter.
The two figures mentioned are Hikaru and Yui. More information:

안녕하세요.
JND스튜디오 박정환입니다.

부탁드립니다! 오늘 글은 꼭 끝까지 정독해주시고,
한번은 이곳에서 입장을 발표해드리는 것이 맞다 판단되어,
딱 이번만 공유하는 만큼, 절대로 분란이 되거나 불필요한 판단이 없기를 부탁 또 부탁 또 부탁드립니다.

최근 불거진 슈미아츠 사태로 인하여, 정말 많은 분들이 상처를 받으신 것 같습니다.

최고의 12인치 피규어 중 하나로 많은 분들께 사랑받았던 그 브랜드가 하루 아침에 정말 믿을 수 없을만큼
처참하게 망가졌고, 그 속에서 흘러나오는 거짓인지 진실일지 모를 수 많은 이야기들은 저를 포함한 피규어를 좋아하시는 모든 분들에게는 충격 그 자체였습니다.

특히 문제가 심화되어 가던 중 내부 직원으로 보이는 “준회원계정”의 폭로와 그 폭로의 대다수의 내용처럼 보고도 믿기 어려운 한 회원분의 슈미아츠 방문기(?)의 내용은 이게 지금 우리나라, 그리고 슈미아츠라는 브랜드의 실상이 맞는건가, 눈을 의심케하기에 충분했던 것 같습니다.

특히, 그 회원분께서 최초 작성하신 글의 내용중 경쟁사의 라이센스 고발에 따른 경영난이라는 문구가 저에게 준 충격은 이루 말할 수 없었습니다, 나는 정말 많은 억측과 비방이 들려오는 과정에서도 인내해왔는데, 어떻게 지금 이 일의 책임이 나로부터 시작된것같은 뉘앙스의 이야기를 하고 있는걸까 하는 충격때문에 저는 며칠 전 그간 나름의 선의를 갖춰 참아왔던 지난 시간에서 제가 가지고 있는 슈미아츠와의 기막힌 우연들에게 대하여 여러분들께 밝힌바 있습니다.

그 이후, 피해자분들 각각의 자구적 피해복구 노력의 편차, 그리고 그것에 대한 확인되지 않은 이야기들이 무분별하고 공유되고 유통되면서, 이 사태에 대한 혼란스러움은 겉잡을수 없이 커져갔고 피해자 규모(숫자)에서는 가장 많은 피해가 예상되는 슈미아츠 브랜드의 두 오리지널 캐릭터들에 대한 양산진행여부에 대하여 국내 총판의 취소를 암시하는 공지가 올라오면서, 상황은 좀 더 점입가경으로 치달았던 것 같습니다.

동종업을 운영하는 입장에서 이러한 상황의 악화는 정말 악재 중에 악재라고 판단이 되었습니다, 뭔가 이 일이 정리되지 못한채로 혼돈으로 치닫고 있는 여러가지 상황들, 예를들면 피해자들이 자신들의 피해변제를 위해 물품들을 가져가는 과정에서 빚어진 혼돈, 먼저 움직이지 못했던 분들의 울분, 가지도 못하는 상황에 놓인 분들은 피해복구를 받으실 수 없는 상황까지 몰린 현상황까지 가게 되면서, 아 진짜 이대로 두면 안되겠다는 생각을 하게 됐습니다.

그리고 중국인들이 납치를 하러왔니, 토막이 되서 변사체가 되서 발견되겠다던지 하는 정말 입에 담기도 어려운 괴담까지 퍼지는 지경을 직접 목도했을때, 이 문제는 단순히 이대로 방치해서는 안되겠다는 생각이 들었습니다.

그러던 과정에서 저와 아주 가까운 지인분이 가장 많은 피해액을 입은 피해자라는 것과 이미 많은 분들이 물건을 다 가져간 상황이라 그 어떤 변제도 받으실 수 없는 안타까운 상황까지 확인되어 마음아파 하시는 모습을 보면서(이 분은 정말 피규어를 사랑하는 분입니다), 이 분야가 이대로 망가지게 되서는 안되겠다는 마음으로 JND 대표로서 무슨 일을 할 수 있을지 고민했습니다.

제가 생각한 가장 중요한 본질은 “피해의 최소화”입니다.

현상황에서 이 일로 인해 가장 큰 피해를 보신 분들은 앞서 말씀드린
저의 지인을 비롯하여 아무것도 하지 못한채로 현 상황을 지켜보신 슈미아츠 피해자분들입니다.

두번째는 이 취미를 즐기고 슈미아츠에 대한 “믿음”과 "애정"을 가지셨던 많은 콜렉터분들

세번째는 저와 같은 동종업계 종사자들인 것 같습니다.

문제를 해결하기 위해서는 언제나 가장 중요한 것이, 그 문제의 원인에 접근해야 합니다.

그 문제를 둘러싸고 있는 본질 외의 것들은 최대한 걷어내고 그 문제에 접근해야 합니다.

이 문제의 가장 큰 본질은 오로지 딱 하나 “피해 복구”입니다.

사실과는 전혀 다름에도 슈미아츠와 JND를 상호경쟁자로 몰아가는 분들이 많이 계셨던 그간의 모습들을 생각해볼때,
이 문제에 대해 저만큼 “냉정하고”, “객관적”일수 있는 사람도 없겠다 싶었습니다.

그래서 지난 3일간 저는 슈미아츠 대표인 조욱연씨와 두 차례의 긴 통화와 한 번의 만남을 통해 이 문제를 둘러싸고 있는 많은 것들에 대해 사실인것과 부풀려진 것, 그리고 사실이 아닌것을 최대한 제가 확인할 수 있는 방법을 통해 철저한 근거자료들을 통해서만 확인할 수 있었습니다.

지금 이자리에서 모든 얘기를 하는 것은 의미가 없고,

피해 복구와 관련된 내용이 마무리 되면,
제가 정확하게 사실을 확인한 것들을 가지고 추후에 한번 이야기를 나눠보도록 하겠습니다.

일단, 제가 약속드리는 것은, 저는 지금 피해복구를 전혀 받지 못한 많은 분들이 최소한의 피해로 이 일이 마무리 될 수 있도록 끝까지 관심을 가질 것입니다.

그리고 그 일은 굉장히 순차적이고도 오래 걸릴지도 모릅니다.

오늘 제가 여러분들께 말씀드리는 내용이 이 일의 전부도 아니며, 이후 진행되는 것도 피해보신 (국내외) 여러분들의 “피해복구 최소화”를 위한 것이지만, 합의가 필요한 부분, 선제적으로 해결되어야 될 부분들 아직은 정리되어야 할 것들이 정말 많은 관계로, 일단 해결된 순서대로 여러분들과 소통하며 일을 진행해가겠습니다.

그러니 지켜보시는 여러분들께서도 조금만 인내를 가지고 이 문제를 지켜봐주시면 좋겠습니다.

제가 이 일을 하는 진짜 이유는
이 바닥이 망하도록 두지 않기 위해서고,
우리가 더 잘되기 위해서며,
여러분들의 피해가 복구되어 그 맘이 위로되고, 그래서 이 바닥이 더 건강해졌으면 하는 마음입니다.

그리고 모든 이야기들을 들었을 때 제 개인적으로 남는 “슈미아츠”라는 브랜드에 대한 아쉬움 역시 더해졌기 때문입니다.

그러니 그 어떤 오해와 억측, 불필요한 추측과 선동은 이번일에서는 없었으면 좋겠고,
여러분들의 무심코 던진 돌은 피해를 복구하기 위해 나선 누군가의 마음을 다치게 하여
그 일이 수포가 되도록 하는 아주 무서운 역할도 할 수 있다는 우려섞인 당부도 함께 전합니다.
모두가 "피해의 최소화"만큼은 한마음이실테니까요^^

자 그럼 오늘 여러분들께 말씀드릴 첫 번째 “피해복구”는
바로 슈미아츠가 선보인 두 양산 프로젝트인 “히카루”와 “유이”에 관한 것입니다.

이 일을 진행하기 위해
정말 많은 분들과 다양한 정보를 크로스 체크 해야했고,
누군가의 양보와 합의가 철저하게 필요했던 긴박한 며칠이었습니다.

그리고 앞으로도 더 확인이 필요한 부분이 있습니다.

그래도 지금은 더 문제가 확산되기 전에
어느정도 공개해도 좋은 만큼까지 도달했기 때문에 이렇게 여러분께 소식을 전하게 되었습니다.

먼저, 이 일이 가능했던 것은 다음과 같은 이유였습니다.

1. 슈미아츠는 유이와 관련해서는 어떠한 유통사로부터도 예약금을 입금받지 않았습니다.
2. 히카루의 경우 중국 유통사인 BBICN로부터 일부의 예약금만 받은 것이 전부입니다. 저희의 예상과는 달리 이 부분의 해결이 조금은 쉬울 수 있겠다 판단했고, 특히 가장 많은 예약을 받은 중국 유통사는 저와는 아주 형제같은 사이입니다^^
3. 이미 많은 피해자분들이 가져가신 물건 들 중에 다행이도 히카루와 유이는 없었습니다.
4. 이 문제를 해결하기 위한 고리인 가장 많은 피해를 보신 개인 고객이 저의 아주 가까운 지인입니다. 이 분의 채무변제 조건으로 히카루와 유이를 사와야했고, 저는 그 금액을 이 분에게 드리는 방식이 되어야 했기 때문입니다.

이 분야를 정말 사랑하는 그분을 설득하는 것은 사실 그렇게 어렵지 않았고,
지금도 넓은 마음으로 피해액 상당액을 포기해주신 형님께 진심으로 이자리를 빌어 감사하다는 말씀을 전하고 싶습니다.
그분의 양보와 통큰 결단이 없이는 불가능했기 때문입니다.

하지만, 여전히도 히카루와 유이 프로젝트는 보이지 않는 문제들이 많고, 파악해야할 것들이 있습니다.

히카루는 이미 양산을 위한 샘플 과정중에 있었으나, 슈미아츠의 경영난때문에 진행되지 못한 채로 중국 공장에 프로토타입이 있습니다. 공장에 미납된 일부 샘플 제작 비용은 저희가 지불하고 찾아올 예정입니다. 이 과정이 순탄해야합니다.

양산 원가를 측정하지 않고 진행된 일이었기 때문에, 저희는 이 프로젝트로 전혀 이득을 보지 못할 가능성이 큽니다.

하지만, 저는 “피해복구 최소화”라는 목적에 맞게 다음과 같이 진행할 예정입니다.

첫째, 이 두 프로젝트는 이윤이 남지않아도 원래 예약을 받았던 가격 그대로 진행하겠습니다. 하지만 유통사들과의 공급계약은 재계약 과정을 거쳐야 하기 때문에, 유통사 예약분은 중국을 제외하고 리셋 후 재 예약을 받을 예정입니다.

둘째, 히카루 아티스트 버전 예약자 중 피해복구를 못하신 피해자분은 JND와 슈미의 계약이 확정된 이후 JND에서 전액 환불해드리겠습니다. 슈미아츠 본사 홈페이지를 통해 유이 버전 예약자 중 피해복구를 못하신 무통장 예약자(예약금/전액) 분들은 저희가 확인을 거쳐 모든 분들이 납부하신 금액을 인정해드리겠습니다.

저는 어떤 문제든 해결하지 못할 문제는 없다고 생각합니다.
그리고 모든 일에는 양면이 존재하고, 그리고 진실은 생각보다 가깝지 않은것일 수도 있다는 것을 다시금 느낍니다.
섣부른 확증과 경솔한 작은 행동이 가져오는 결과가 얼마나 처참하고 무서운 것인지도 다시금 느낍니다.

다시 한번 말씀드리지만, 이 건도 해결까지 아직 시간이 많이 필요합니다.
하지만, 저는 모든 과정을 여러분들과 소통할 예정입니다.
제가 나선다고 모든 피해자분들의 피해를 다 복구할 수 없겠지만,
그래도 아주 작은 것부터 시작하면, 절망적인 상황에서 이제는 빛을 보고 나아가는 그 시작을 하고 있다는 말씀을 꼭 드리고 싶습니다.

저를 진짜 아시는 분들은 아실겁니다. 제가 어떤사람이고, 어떤 것을 기대하게 만드는 사람이지 말이죠.
저를 진짜 모르는 분들은 그러실겁니다. 저거 또 무슨 꿍꿍이가 있다고 말이죠.

그래도 이번 만은 이 본질과는 전혀 무관한 그 어떤 예측과 선동 그만두고,
한 명의 피해라도 복구할 수 있다면, 그것이 무엇이든 아무것도 하지 않는 것보다는 나은것이니까
지금까지 저희가 싫었고 미웠더라도, 이 일만큼은 지지를 해주시고 응원해주시면 좋겠다 부탁드리겠습니다.

이후 더 많은 일들이 있지만, 그것은 모든것이 확인이 되고, 지금처럼 합의가 되면, 그때 또 하나씩 말씀을 드리도록 하겠습니다.

저는 정말 이 취미가 좋습니다. 그리고 이 취미는 저의 밥줄입니다. 그래서 저는 이 취미가 망가져서는 안됩니다.

잘해보겠습니다.

지켜봐주십시오. 후속 소식은 제가 저의 커뮤니티와 방송으로 말씀드리겠습니다.
피해입으신 모든 분들 힘내십시오!! 저도 최선을 다하겠습니다.

감사합니다.

JND스튜디오 대표 박정환 올림.

Wow what a mess...I assume their whole custom business is going under too, that Avril Lavigne will never happen lol

I also received a cancellation email.

The JND statement did mention that retailers would be required to re-order figures, so if the statement is true, it makes sense that original orders would be canceled, with retailers offering her again once JND takes over production. Who knows though. Maybe this truly is the end for Shumi.

I never received a cancellation email and I ordered Hikaru from Kit and Paripi Yui (Original) directly from Shumi Arts website. Let's see what happens
Good luck!!

This figure doesn’t really fit with my collection (same reason I didn’t order Alita), but this is an awesome looking figure and I really hope that everyone who wants it is able to obtain one.

Teaser image for the new line under JND. Official announcement planned for next week.
dpLQyH1.jpeg

Also got the cancellation email from onesixthoutfitters. They offered the option of a full refund or store credit. Went with the credit and will apply it to the JND release when it goes up.

More information:
doG40dw.png

sHYY9tv.jpeg

There are planned to be 4 themes to The GIRLS REVOLUTION universe:

G.O.D. (Girls of the Day): Girls from around the age of 20 from each country will work with their own personalities under the theme of travel and each country's culture (food, clothes, etc.). Starts with Paripi Yui. You will be able to meet Yui this summer with more enhanced story than the original plan.

G.O.C. (Girls of Cyber Punk): Various girls will appear in the cyberpunk world. Starts with the protagonist Hikaru, who will come this fall with a completely different face from the previously announced version.

G.O.H. (Girls of Horror): Various horror stories from around the world will come to you in the form of unique and attractive girls. It starts with the twin sisters Janghwa Hongryeon based on the Korean horror classic. The older sister Janghwa will come this winter.

G.O.F. (Girls of F???): TBA

Last edited:
Back