1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer a solid modified Hasbro to this. This scale is way too small and squat. The Hasbro for its problems was the correct overall scale to 1:6.

Congrats to all that have purchased this, it's seems like a nice piece over all.

I prefer a solid modified Hasbro to this. This scale is way too small and squat. The Hasbro for its problems was the correct overall scale to 1:6.

Congrats to all that have purchased this, it's seems like a nice piece over all.

:clap :clap :hi5: :exactly:

Here is my modified/ repainted Hasbro bike. Total investment $20, time to modify/ paint 1 day.:yess:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for a long time without particpting. Love the photos and the reviews.
I was wondering maybe you can advise me what to do. I got my speeder last week, (It's e first time I'm ordering something directly from Sideshow website) and one of the tiny metal "things" that the cover straps snap into is missing. Although it's not a big thing I'm still annoyed about it. Do you think I should contact Sideshow and ask for a replacement?
Second, from you expriance,I've missed out on the scout exclusive and I'm currantly on the waitlist, I don't know if I should wait or get the regular version from eBay?
Thanks

Hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for a long time without particpting. Love the photos and the reviews.
I was wondering maybe you can advise me what to do. I got my speeder last week, (It's e first time I'm ordering something directly from Sideshow website) and one of the tiny metal "things" that the cover straps snap into is missing. Although it's not a big thing I'm still annoyed about it. Do you think I should contact Sideshow and ask for a replacement?
Yes. They'll likely just send you the part, shouldn't have to exchange the whole bike.

That looks great Hollywood....it's pictures like yours that keep me from pulling the trigger on the SS bike and instead just use my Hasbro one I have in storage instead. :gah: :lol

I should start reading back, but how would you best fix bent handle bars? Right up until that point I was so excited. Then I put them on... I think they are more than just bent. Have to investigate in the weekend.

Oh and I used reward points but still ended up paying $US150 in random fees getting to me. So much for a free toy.

Oh and I used reward points but still ended up paying $US150 in random fees getting to me. So much for a free toy.

Ouch! I got hit with about $65 in custom fees for my Scout Trooper. Turned out to be a really expensive sniper rifle.

I really liked what mike M and others did with their bases so i followed suit. It gives the whole thing a more 'living scene' look.
Plus i've always been partial to dioramas, they just seem to 'sell' the figure more than just a plain wall or single colour base.

So glad i picked up this set, the scout and bike plus the whole jabba sequence is what i loved best about RotJ.
20150909_090625.jpg
20150909_155904.jpg

Agreed!

Hey, where'd you get the greenery for the rock? Looks really good!

I really liked what mike M and others did with their bases so i followed suit. It gives the whole thing a more 'living scene' look.
Plus i've always been partial to dioramas, they just seem to 'sell' the figure more than just a plain wall or single colour base.

So glad i picked up this set, the scout and bike plus the whole jabba sequence is what i loved best about RotJ.
View attachment 208912

Thanks for all the reviews. I wonder how Hot Toys will handle their vehicles. My issue with SS is some of their pieces feels "flimsy" whilst overall looks is ok. Similar to R2D2. Looks is fine but when you pick it up, it feels like a $2 toy. I think some of the reviews touched on this with the bike. I wouldn't mind some "weight" to these products to give it that more premium feel, considering how much they cost.

For example the tamashi C3PO is my favourite figure of all time, the weight to it (die cast) and quality is just amazing, absolutely eats SS or even Hot Toys for that matter.

However it may not be a SS thing, will need to see how Hot Toys handles their 1/6 vehicles before passing final judgement.

Thanks for all the reviews. I wonder how Hot Toys will handle their vehicles. My issue with SS is some of their pieces feels "flimsy" whilst overall looks is ok. Similar to R2D2. Looks is fine but when you pick it up, it feels like a $2 toy. I think some of the reviews touched on this with the bike. I wouldn't mind some "weight" to these products to give it that more premium feel, considering how much they cost.

More weight and the poseable stand won't hold up. I'd prefer poseability over them sticking a piece of cheap pot metal into it just to give it the illusion of quality.

More weight and the poseable stand won't hold up. I'd prefer poseability over them sticking a piece of cheap pot metal into it just to give it the illusion of quality.

You change the stand of course....

also i think you may mistaken how much more weight I am after. I would say take the R2D2 for example, just 50% more weight or something would be fantastic. It feels like cardboard.

As opposed to poseability, the Tamashii C3PO does fine...]

Also who said I wanted thicker plastic? There is other materials....

I have no problem with R2's weight. He's essentially a prebuilt model. That's exactly what I'd expect with one. I'm not rolling him around the room crashing into things and "playing". He gets posed and sits on a shelf to look at. Same principle here.

This is seriously one of the few hobbies where people equate weight with quality and wrongly so. Most other things in life it's reversed. The lighter the better.

Back