Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring on a bantha and another Tusken! :rock

What? A Tusken Raider Desert Sands Detachment? I'm still bitter over that improved Sandie, I have 2 already, can't rationalize buying a third. Wish they just came out with the Desert Sands version first.

And yes, I would squeal like a little girl if they released a Bantha.

Same here. Hopefully we get a good price from Simply Toys.

Hi Puay, :wave

I am guessing Simply Toys will be pricing this figure at around SGD$169 and SGD$165 for Members and Elite Members respectively with a pre-order deposit of between SGD$50 to 55..

I will be ordering the Regular from them.

What about you Puay? Have you placed your pre-order for the Exclusive with Sideshow?

I pre-ordered an exclusive from Sideshow and a regular from BBTS.

I remember buying the first 12 figures so Sandpeople have been high on my wish list for some time. They will certainly make the wait for C-3PO and R2-D2 easier. I am really excited for these so a big thank you to Sideshow. The recent aliens have been so great and I hope the Sandpeople continue that tradition!

Hi Puay, :wave

I am guessing Simply Toys will be pricing this figure at around SGD$169 and SGD$165 for Members and Elite Members respectively with a pre-order deposit of between SGD$50 to 55..

I will be ordering the Regular from them.

What about you Puay? Have you placed your pre-order for the Exclusive with Sideshow?

Already placed preorder for the exclusive. Might actually get 3.

one thing i dont understand is why order this, when for the same price you can have the attakus tusken raider which is order of magnitude more detailed and with real metal parts.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CACC135lg.jpg

The Attakus is a nice statue, but it's obviously a statue. Sideshow's looks like a miniature version of the real thing. Dollies rule!

one thing i dont understand is why order this, when for the same price you can have the attakus tusken raider which is order of magnitude more detailed and with real metal parts.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CACC135lg.jpg

Put two or three of those in a dio with 'ol Ben or the droids and see how it looks. Versatility rules IMO.

It goes back to statue collectors vs. figure collectors.

I agree that this will be a war that will rage forever with people crossing the lines of the battle threw the years. But I will forever be on the side of figure collecting mainly due to my love for pose-ability and the shear fact I don't want to deal with the weight issues for displaying that statues bring so I am content with my new little tusken :p

well i didnt mean to start a "war" :lol

was just saying since the price are the same, because usually figures cost a lot less than statues of this caliber.

anyway carry on!

I like the Attakus stuff just fine, (that was one of the reasons why I got the original Koto Sandtroopers, cuz I don't mind the non-articulation) but I like being able to put the figures in my display into different poses. It also takes me back to my childhood, when I had the original 3.75" and 12" "poseable" figures. I sold off my Koto Vader, Boba and Luke Stormtrooper but I still have those Sandtroopers and they look great around the Dewback, and the Scout Trooper looks good with my SSC Endor figs.

The write-up says this guy has 4 sets of hands;having some difficulty visualizing this.I mean, how many options would a Tusken need?Unless, of course, Sideshow gives us a "defiant"hand(wouldn't THAT be awesome)...PS

Back