Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone out there actually returned a stormie, because I just got mine and am sorely tempted to. I got it second chance and can't help but feel like it was a returned trooper that sideshow touched up and re-sold.

And of course I got stuck with it.....Anywho.. take a look at my pics and tell me what you think I should do.

Now I probably could fix it myself, cause seeing as I live in Canada it would probably be a hassle to return it. Maybe I'm just being picky...

P.S. the third pic is hard to see but theres a scratch on the left breast plate.

That looks quite bad, I'd return it for sure.

"I ain't gettin' on no Death Star, Hannibal!"

DSC_1398.JPG

Cool :lol

Has anyone out there actually returned a stormie, because I just got mine and am sorely tempted to. I got it second chance and can't help but feel like it was a returned trooper that sideshow touched up and re-sold.

And of course I got stuck with it.....Anywho.. take a look at my pics and tell me what you think I should do.

Now I probably could fix it myself, cause seeing as I live in Canada it would probably be a hassle to return it. Maybe I'm just being picky...

P.S. the third pic is hard to see but theres a scratch on the left breast plate.

I just received some great news...Sideshow is sending me a replacement helmet and breastplate for my stormie!

:banana

Would like some of you guys advice!

Trying to make up my mind of getting a Sideshow 12" stormtrooper or Stormtrooper ANH stunt prop helmet. I already have Marmit Sandtroopers thinking of getting something different any ideas.

I just received some great news...Sideshow is sending me a replacement helmet and breastplate for my stormie!

:banana

here's the official word:

We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order has been booked for the 12” Stormtrooper Helmet/ Breastplate Armor only. Please allow 12 to 15 business days for your replacement order to ship.

As far as I know, they are not charging for shipping, and no I have yet to be asked to return dammaged peices. I think they're not asking for the bad parts because it definately would'nt be enough to build another figure.

Last edited:

Trying to make up my mind of getting a Sideshow 12" stormtrooper or Stormtrooper ANH stunt prop helmet. I already have Marmit Sandtroopers thinking of getting something different any ideas.

seeing as I have no helmet collection I would say....12 inch stormie....

depends on what you like, but as you could fit 3 12 inmch figures into the same space as 1 helmet, i'd go for the figure ( space is a major concern for me)

I'd go for the helmet as I'm a helmet freak if you've noticed a couple pages back. But, if its only going to be the same price as a 12" SS trooper then how accurate is this helmet? Is it the MR CE version? There are some very nice stunts out there but they arent a 12" SS trooper price range.

I'm in OZ (Australia) and the Sideshow storm is going for $200. I know you guys are ( America ) are doing it tough. But here prices have gone through the roof it's crazy. So the helmets not much more.

Would love to get exculsives from Sideshow and directly from them, but shipping is so expensive and goes up all the time. One of our best collectable shops here has closed down after 15 years due the shipping prices hes just carn't make enough money very sad. I got the PF Indy $420 at Xmas now in some stores its $650. I just preorderd 12" Darth for $220 already the site has changed it to $260. I'ts out of control

Oh Love your collection very SMART !

I'm in OZ (Australia) and the Sideshow storm is going for $200. I know you guys are ( America ) are doing it tough. But here prices have gone through the roof it's crazy. So the helmets not much more.

Would love to get exculsives from Sideshow and directly from them, but shipping is so expensive and goes up all the time. One of our best collectable shops here has closed down after 15 years due the shipping prices hes just carn't make enough money very sad. I got the PF Indy $420 at Xmas now in some stores its $650. I just preorderd 12" Darth for $220 already the site has changed it to $260. I'ts out of control

Oh Love your collection very SMART !

Hey mate! i'm in Oz too, crazy prices alright, which store just closed???
If you can get the MR or EFX helmet get it over the figure the 1:1 stuff is the best. & who says you can't mix it up ehh!

Yea i say go for the 1:1 scale helmet, its a better representation of a Stormtrooper overall and its easily a eye catcher, going with the 12inch you run the risk of a very loose figure,bad paint applications,chips or burrs in the armor,needs future to look better and more canon,need to boil the chest plate..you live far and i am sure you don't want to send something back to Sideshow because it sucks..go with the Helmet, hell i am going to get a CE Stunt at some point.

Hey mate! i'm in Oz too, crazy prices alright, which store just closed???
If you can get the MR or EFX helmet get it over the figure the 1:1 stuff is the best. & who says you can't mix it up ehh!

Just Collectables in Melbourne ! I'm getting my all 12" from casefresh now !

Great Collection you have !

Just Collectables in Melbourne ! I'm getting my all 12" from casefresh now !

Great Collection you have !

Thanks

Casefresh is my source as well (very reliable), though seeing these figures double in $$ is disapointing. On the point of returns as well they where very good when I had to return an MR helmet that had formed a crack. I'm very happy with them, the only prob is that I can't get the Ex through them

NIce armor Sewbacca love the TE2. i have a set of AP myself wondering where you got your set? TE2 is a cleaner pull.

This is a TE not a TE2 armor. Got it off a RPF member about a year and a half ago. I have an AP lid, very happy with it too.

Back