Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Stormtrooper today. I went to my local Wal-Mart and they don't carry Future :mad: Will try Target tomorrow. After futzing (boiling the chest armor and using velcro) I'm pleased with him. Will need another for Vader, but apparently I'll have time to get another as Vader keeps getting pushed back.

Ace Hardware carried Future if it helps.

Finally futured my Stormie

TEarmourwithshine.jpg

Got my Stormtrooper today. I went to my local Wal-Mart and they don't carry Future :mad: Will try Target tomorrow. After futzing (boiling the chest armor and using velcro) I'm pleased with him. Will need another for Vader, but apparently I'll have time to get another as Vader keeps getting pushed back.

CK...its actually Pledge Future. Someone posted a pic (I think it was Valfar?) awhile back in the thread. I did the same thing at Wally's and I went looking for something called Future Wax and they looked at me like I was a nut. After Valfar posted the pic, I went right back to the same store and found it on the shelf.

And Target does sell it...saw it there this afternoon.:D

CK...its actually Pledge Future. Someone posted a pic (I think it was Valfar?) awhile back in the thread. I did the same thing at Wally's and I went looking for something called Future Wax and they looked at me like I was a nut. After Valfar posted the pic, I went right back to the same store and found it on the shelf.

And Target does sell it...saw it there this afternoon.:D

Thanks! Should have known better. I'm the type that my girlfriend says to "go in the fridge and get me a popcicle" and I look for like 5 minutes when they're right in front of me :duh I'll go back tomorrow.

:huh Thought my clue would help... We really need that "over your head" smiley here. :lol

Well. I guess you do. I am fairly new at this 1/6 collecting. As a matter of fact all I have from Sideshow is Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna and Salacious Crumb. I don't even own the stormtrooper yet.

I really didn't get your "clue" and I still don't.

But regardless if it is a Sideshow stormtrooper or not, every time you apply a coat of paint, varnish, or anything like that you run a risk of getting bubbles, pimples and what not. I just wanted to know how to avoid those.

Luis

Well. I guess you do. I am fairly new at this 1/6 collecting. As a matter of fact all I have from Sideshow is Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna and Salacious Crumb. I don't even own the stormtrooper yet.

I really didn't get your "clue" and I still don't.

But regardless if it is a Sideshow stormtrooper or not, every time you apply a coat of paint, varnish, or anything like that you run a risk of getting bubbles, pimples and what not. I just wanted to know how to avoid those.

Luis

That's a person in 1:1 Stormtrooper armor.

So how do you avoid those pimples?

Luis

No worries Luis, the pimples are part of this helmet. Guessing your not familiar with the full size stuff. This is a TE Stormtrooper bumpy cap when casted from one of the originals the helmet had the pimples.

The Future works awesome and thats why I coated my armor in this, works fantastic.

Futured SS Helmet
sideshowstormtrprhelmetfuture.jpg

sewbacca... awesome helmet collection! any chance for more photos?

Heres what I have going right now.
cabinetquickshot.jpg

cabinetquickshotb.jpg

Back