Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sewbacca, thats a sick collection and nice setup..i knew it was a 1:1 scale suit first time i did see the pic, and i figured the helment was casted off a original..most of the originals that are left are quite beat up and paint falling off.

Has anyone out there actually returned a stormie, because I just got mine and am sorely tempted to. I got it second chance and can't help but feel like it was a returned trooper that sideshow touched up and re-sold.

And of course I got stuck with it.....Anywho.. take a look at my pics and tell me what you think I should do.

Now I probably could fix it myself, cause seeing as I live in Canada it would probably be a hassle to return it. Maybe I'm just being picky...

P.S. the third pic is hard to see but theres a scratch on the left breast plate.

Has anyone out there actually returned a stormie, because I just got mine and am sorely tempted to. I got it second chance and can't help but feel like it was a returned trooper that sideshow touched up and re-sold.

And of course I got stuck with it.....Anywho.. take a look at my pics and tell me what you think I should do.

Now I probably could fix it myself, cause seeing as I live in Canada it would probably be a hassle to return it. Maybe I'm just being picky...

P.S. the third pic is hard to see but theres a scratch on the left breast plate.

Dude, thats garbage..return it and maybe go to Toys2 and buy one there..he should have some in stock, at Hwy 7 and Woodbine, if thats close for you(i have no idea) but, i think they should have it in stock now there for pick up.

Dude, thats garbage..return it and maybe go to Toys2 and buy one there..he should have some in stock, at Hwy 7 and Woodbine, if thats close for you(i have no idea) but, i think they should have it in stock now there for pick up.

thanks for the input guys and thanks for the tip Valfar I'm definately gonna check that store out pronto and return this clunker.... Hyw 7 and Woodbine is not far from me at all.......

Valfar, are you talking about the chinese mall in the plaza where the kelsey's is?

That first photo is reason enough to return it. That's not just a bit of paint, it's a massive divit! Call SS and tell them, they'll probably request a photo, once they see it they may well just send you a new helmet.

My Indy belt was a piece of :redblob . I called and then emailed photos and they replaced the entire belt and holster and even included a coiled whip, even though there was nothing wrong with mine. It's worth trying.

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

thanks for the input guys and thanks for the tip Valfar I'm definately gonna check that store out pronto and return this clunker.... Hyw 7 and Woodbine is not far from me at all.......

Valfar, are you talking about the chinese mall in the plaza where the kelsey's is?

Yea, near the Kelseys but, east of it..in the plaza where the Cineplex is, just call there and ask them if he has it in stock 905-470-0007, I bought from them for years and most times they gave me a flat price on 1/6th figures.

Picked up Pledge Future and just love the results. I'm for sure going to pick up another soon:banana Anyway, here's mine:
Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Here's his temporary home until SS Vader comes out:
Picture068.jpg

I'm still working on my Anakin MM

Yea, near the Kelseys but, east of it..in the plaza where the Cineplex is, just call there and ask them if he has it in stock 905-470-0007, I bought from them for years and most times they gave me a flat price on 1/6th figures.

thanks for the info, I really appreciate it and am definately gonna call to see if they have any stormies in stock. And the dud goes back asap.

Got my Stormtrooper today. I went to my local Wal-Mart and they don't carry Future :mad: Will try Target tomorrow. After futzing (boiling the chest armor and using velcro) I'm pleased with him. Will need another for Vader, but apparently I'll have time to get another as Vader keeps getting pushed back.

Your wal-mart doesnt carry Future? Future floor wax. been around forever. My wal-mart has it. :confused:

Man! That's Some SeXy ARMOR!

Just LOVE the look of the Empire Strikes Back Stormtrooper!:banana

It'd be nice if Sideshow releases an ESB Stormie; gotta change that helmet sculpt of there's though!

Last edited:

That looks just like the one I returned because the paint was chipped in those exact same places. The replacement they sent me was immaculate though. Send it back. That's non-mint clearance sale crap.

Just awesome, ain't it? :naughty

Its a nice figure thats for sure.

Man. that doily is gettin' quite the workout there, Josh! :)

Again...so good to see that nice camera in action ...sharp looking shots of a great figure...

Yeah, took a ton of shots today. :rock Just hadn't felt like it for quite a while figured with being on my spring break it would be a good time.

Thanks 4 the kind words. :D

Back