Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obama joined the Empire!! lol

hope you like it!:)
img0021qt.jpg

That's about as funny as a vasectomy. :rolleyes:

I took him apart and tightened him up a little. There are still areas that need improvement. But I really like this figure and it is likely to be the only one I keep out of storage until I move in to my new place and have the room to display all of my beloved Sideshow figures. So he is going to get a lot of camera time. I really like shooting these figures and I want to get better at it (leans back and braces for the Flint pic jokes from Evil, Devil, and kl:)).

Also, in the Vader mod thread, the arms on the trooper were turned around so he could hold his blaster up to his eye...I was thinking of doing the mod, but I am not having any issue with getting the arms to hold the blaster there.

Oh...and Stormy is at work with me.:)

I took him apart and tightened him up a little. There are still areas that need improvement. But I really like this figure and it is likely to be the only one I keep out of storage until I move in to my new place and have the room to display all of my beloved Sideshow figures. So he is going to get a lot of camera time. I really like shooting these figures and I want to get better at it (leans back and braces for the Flint pic jokes from Evil, Devil, and kl:)).

Also, in the Vader mod thread, the arms on the trooper were turned around so he could hold his blaster up to his eye...I was thinking of doing the mod, but I am not having any issue with getting the arms to hold the blaster there.

Oh...and Stormy is at work with me.:)

:lol Along for the ride eh? Try not to lose him.

I never had an issue with posing my STs in a firing possition either. :huh

LOL...yeah, I don't want him to end up with Duke, wherever he is.

The worst parts on mine, now, are the ankle joints. Or were anyway. I put small plastic wedges in the side with the split peg to pry that peg apart, thereby tightening the joint. He is all good now. I like the body suits on the stormtroopers even better than the new clone ones as they allow even better range of movement with the armor. I am looking forward to getting some shots of some good firing positions tomorrow.

Doing the shoulder mod with the Stormtrooper is not so much a matter of being able to or not being able to have him hold the blaster up with his arms, it's being able to do it a bit better. As counter-intuitive as it seems, once you get the armor off, it's pretty clear that the arms can be posed closer together behind the back of the figure than in front of the chest. I don't know why the shoulders were designed that way, but since I didn't see any point in having the figure hold the blaster behind his back, I thought it would be better to get those extra few degrees of articulation in the arms going where they would naturally be on the human body -- in the front.

They do sell it over here CB , only it's called "Johnson's Klear " .:wink1:

Ahhh thanks m8 :hi5:

I think its Klear Floor Shine that i need but theres klear Pledge Multi Surface Wax as well, so do u know which 1 for definite or if their just the same?

Last edited:
Ahhh thanks m8 :hi5:

I think its Klear Floor Shine that i need but theres klear Pledge Multi Surface Wax as well, so do u know which 1 for definite or if their just the same?

I think the floor shine is the one you want . ( I've had my bottle for about 5 years and have barely made a dent in it ). You can use it with a brush or airbrush without needing to thin it .:)

Back