Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While this thread is still up at the front, here's a bit of a new pose for the Stormtrooper Commander. I took my inspiration from my favorite means of dispatching these guys in the video game. :wave

5041392877_0e5c0d85e0_z.jpg

While this thread is still up at the front, here's a bit of a new pose for the Stormtrooper Commander. I took my inspiration from my favorite means of dispatching these guys in the video game. :wave

I saw this pic posted some where else. I can't remember where though, do you post on other forums?
Great pic btw!

Awesome pic/pose... You know I'm just going to have to steal that pose now. :yess: :clap

Awesome pic/pose... You know I'm just going to have to steal that pose now. :yess: :clap

I am happy to inspire. :)

I don't remember posting this to any other forums, but I did post it to Sideshow's Facebook page on Thursday. That might be where you saw it.

Of course, I just discovered the Dark & Stormy -- a cocktail made up of ginger beer and 151. So far all I know I've been posting it everywhere. :dunno

I made a little headway on this shot. It is still not perfect. I wanted a clearer shot so that if I zoomed in on it, I would not lose resolution...that isn't done very well...I also wanted the trooper back a little farther so I can see more of him in the background. I will be working on that until I get it right. I did remember to take the shot in 3:2 aspect ratio, though, so it will be easier to use as a desktop.

DSC08060.jpg

Great Googely Moogely! I have been following the Stormtrooper bodysuits on ebay, hoping to pick up a few extra...but the damned things are outrageous!

I saw one end a few days ago at 61.00 and there is one up now with a few days left on it and it is at 41.00 right now...

And this is just for the body suit and the collar!

Great Googely Moogely! I have been following the Stormtrooper bodysuits on ebay, hoping to pick up a few extra...but the damned things are outrageous!

I saw one end a few days ago at 61.00 and there is one up now with a few days left on it and it is at 41.00 right now...

And this is just for the body suit and the collar!

It's all about patience. They'll drop significantly once other troopers come out and they start to over-saturate the market.

I followed that auction as well. That was insane! Just buy a Hasbro Stormie on Ebay for $5 keep the suit and toss the rest!

This is what I have been doing. I took all of my old Hasbro troopers and removed the body suits. Gonna start replacin' the Sideshow Clone body suits inaminnit.

I finally got around to replacing my floppy original armor body with a Blackhole Stormtrooper body and LO and BEHOLD, my Stormie can actually hold his blaster up high and take action poses with his legs. . . it's a wonderful thing.

My old one could barely hold his arms up, the lateral motion in the shoulders would just sway them back towards neutral. And oh vey, those legs, I'd have to finagle the leg armor to support the hips and pin them against the codpiece to keep him from falling over. I took a chance on that Blackhole Trooper body hoping they'd fixed everything by then, the left arm is still a bit floppy but it's a great deal better than the original version.

trooperp.jpg

If it comes to bodies, I'd prefer TrueTypes and ACI, posing is so stiff and standing straight. Unfontunately, the Stormie won't take any ACI so the more expensive TT Slim Body had to do it.

Only cutting down some surface of the upper legs plus some change of the foot pegs. But only minor works. Also you can use the neck from SS. In the end, having the armour on a TrueType Caucasian Slim is really worth the amount of money!

PM me on details, will help you as good as I can!

Staaaaaaand straight!

No Stormtrooper should have any colors on them besides what was given to them in the movies on the pauldrons. Clonetroopers, ok. But I'm a big OT person and they had it right that time around by not advertising their ranks on their armor by color (again, except for the pauldrons). That's a good way to become a moving target, haha!

grrr EU....

TheGent, LOVE the avatar pic of the smiley Snowtrooper, hahaha!

Back