Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I think it is different, I found these on an earlier post.
sstkcomparisons.jpg

I like the final product better than the proto, with the exception of the aerators paintwork. But the "mouth" and eyes look better in production.

Great shots guys! Looking forward to mine getting here and being able to check the production piece out.

Proportion-wise, everything looks good. The helmet is a good size. Hands are good (even though I don't like the plastic they are made of). Even the codpiece looks okay. I can see that it was made smaller to fit the armor body's pelvis.

probably my favorite SW 12'' figure.

I have to agree. After all, it's a Stormtrooper. I was just thinking about my collection... and this has to be the best Sideshow SW piece so far. Problems or not, I hope Vader comes out this well. Vader and Fett are probably the only ones that could beat this figure.

Proportion-wise, everything looks good. The helmet is a good size. Hands are good (even though I don't like the plastic they are made of). Even the codpiece looks okay. I can see that it was made smaller to fit the armor body's pelvis.

I can already feel you coming around. :) You know you like it, Justin. Admit it.

Stormtrooper5.jpg

65 pages into this thread & he still looks like a stormtrooper...............:banana

and im "STILL PROCESSING".............:banghead

Hey man, I've been waiting for a Stormtrooper since the line first began in 2005, so of course I'm excited to finally have one. :)

Now my first agenda is to tighten these joints...

I have to agree. After all, it's a Stormtrooper. I was just thinking about my collection... and this has to be the best Sideshow SW piece so far. Problems or not, I hope Vader comes out this well. Vader and Fett are probably the only ones that could beat this figure.

I can already feel you coming around. :) You know you like it, Justin. Admit it.

Stormtrooper5.jpg

is this figure still available? Did Sideshow produce other SW troopers?

Does your chest armor and belt have these small deformities in the plastic? Look at the bottom corners of the pecs and the one rectangle on the belt with an indentation. I just want to make sure this is normal.

https://i44.tinypic.com/10qap2w.jpg

Also, hopefully I can smooth out the scratch on his lens with some paint.

2j1r8ms.jpg

Last edited:
Does your chest armor and belt have these small deformities in the plastic? Look at the bottom corners of the pecs and the one rectangle on the belt with an indentation. I just want to make sure this is normal.

https://i44.tinypic.com/10qap2w.jpg

I do have something going on there, warping of the plastic maybe. Hard to see though without shining a harsh light right down across it. Not sure how severe yours is or noticeable.

But how about some good shots, not just the flaws? Lets see how your chest armor looks in a full shot.

Eh. I have it, I've posed it...the armor is a little looser than I'd like but nothing to shout about. I feel I've got my money's worth.....

I like the final product better than the proto, with the exception of the aerators paintwork. But the "mouth" and eyes look better in production.

Actually I think it is different, I found these on an earlier post.
sstkcomparisons.jpg

That is the only thing bugging me with this piece now: those aerators are HUGE on the final piece. I mean, talk about over-compensating...! Seriously, I want to replace those with normal size ones....other than that, the paints apps on the final piece do seem nicer overall....the only other nitpick: the black band at top seems just a smudge too thick.

Last edited:
Lucas will be changing all of the aerators and codpieces on the next release of the OT.

Back