Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for the futzed pics, the Stormies look awesome!
I am a bit disappointed though that the armour is just molded in white plastic and not painted white. That is one thing that makes the Medi-armour look really nice.

Painted white or molded in white abs. Not seeing the big deal really. Honestly if it comes out looking like the pics or close to CW Obi-Wan I'd rather have it that way.

Aren't Medicom figures molded in the main color of the armor piece? Why would you paint something that's one solid color.

Yea, molded is fine.

I plan on using some Zaino car polish on him to shine him up. The stuff is the nectar of the gods.

Aren't Medicom figures molded in the main color of the armor piece? Why would you paint something that's one solid color.

It actually makes it look better. Don't ask me why, it just does (to me at least). Imagine if the HT Power Loader had actually been painted yellow, instead of just being yellow plastic... it just gives the whole piece more "weight". It looks more real. Also, I believe you don't have the yellowing with age factor when it's painted. But I might be wrong.
But hey, I don't even have these in hand yet, so I'm just going from what people are posting. Chances are the molded white plastic will look fine.
At any rate, I can't wait to get my SST stormies! :banana

It actually makes it look better. Don't ask me why, it just does (to me at least). Imagine if the HT Power Loader had actually been painted yellow, instead of just being yellow plastic... it just gives the whole piece more "weight". It looks more real. Also, I believe you don't have the yellowing with age factor when it's painted. But I might be wrong.
But hey, I don't even have these in hand yet, so I'm just going from what people are posting. Chances are the molded white plastic will look fine.
At any rate, I can't wait to get my SST stormies! :banana

Was the actual screen armor painted or molded?

Since it is the ANH Vader, he should be dull and raw. ESB is glossy (and the best looking).

Well yeah your right about that. Which is why I prefered the Vader in the latter movies.

I might just have to wait till SS makes an Empire or a Return Vader.....which won't be long,right?:lol

Well the T-1000 and Terminator Big boy buck have an ultra gloss coating I haven't seen on any other Bucks. It just demonstrates that Sideshow can produce plastic with a gloss coat if they want to. Can you buy Zaino car polish locally? I just don't want to use anything that will harm or discolor the plastic.

Well the T-1000 and Terminator Big boy buck have an ultra gloss coating I haven't seen on any other Bucks. It just demonstrates that Sideshow can produce plastic with a gloss coat if they want to. Can you buy Zaino car polish locally? I just don't want to use anything that will harm or discolor the plastic.

Once again SS goes the cheap way out.:rolleyes:

Once again SS goes the cheap way out.:rolleyes:

Exactly how so? These kind of ridiculous statements just continue to crack me up.

I don't remember these at SDCC being super shiney at all. The pics people are showing appear to show the same as what I saw back in July.

Back