Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to get this on Friday.

Damn, I wish I had ordered another one, now! It looks great :)

stormtrooper19.jpg

LOL, this one reminds me of one of my early photos (How Luke really got into the palace):

img14635hd.jpg

this thread has been so great! I can't wait for my 2nd one to get here..

love the pictures guys!

sorry to hear about the loose joints or other flaws with some of yours. it seems random though. my joints are all very sturdy, even my ankles are holding him fine. and my paint seems spot on other than the aerators and stuff we have all been obsessi... i mean.. talking about.. :D So hopefully they are easy fixes for most of you.

dONT KNOW WHY BUT I FIND MYSELF ATTRACTED TO BUY THAT FIGURE....:sick I REALLY LIKE IT.

I would rate loose joints as the number one problem I have with this piece. I guess I got spoiled being able to pose my TDK figs without a stand. Sideshow seriously needs an ankle ball joint instead of the same adapter they use at the wrists.

I'm trying to decide how to gloss these guys up. EF, are you going to try automotive plastic polish? And someone else mentioned Future Floor Wax. Can you paint it on or do you need an airbrush?

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the futzed pics, the Stormies look awesome!
I am a bit disappointed though that the armour is just molded in white plastic and not painted white. That is one thing that makes the Medi-armour look really nice.

I am a bit disappointed though that the armour is just molded in white plastic and not painted white. That is one thing that makes the Medi-armour look really nice.

Well, all we need to do now is paint these things and then it's all gravy.. I wonder how much that would cost?:monkey3

Yeah, the prototypes look painted. I'm not sure if it's actual paint or a coating on the plastic. Do you own the T-1000? If so, check out its Buck body. It has a gloss coat on it that I thought they would use for the armor pieces.

Back