Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did the heat-and-bend on the chest plate.

Before....................................AFTER

Compare-originaltobentchest3-5-09.jpg

Be very careful: the staps holding the back plate to the chest plate are rubber/vinyl and will warp and shrink is you get them too hot.

Be very careful: the staps holding the back plate to the chest plate are rubber/vinyl and will warp and shrink is you get them too hot.

Just got mine and it is great! :joy

Only thing I would fix is the chest plate, as you have done. :banana

Just got mine and it is great! :joy

Only thing I would fix is the chest plate, as you have done. :banana

What a difference that makes...what are all of you using to heat it up that high?

I will try these fixes on Monday.....don't see the lense issue though - looks ok - will compare to my marmit though

My attitude: this hobby is also about customizing. I enjoy it myself.....and in fairness to the SS version, the Marmit needed futzing too.....

I'm happy with mine. Yes, the armor's a bit clunky (like CloneObi), the body's a touch looser than I'd like and the chest piece is a little wider than I'd prefer, but you know what?

:huh WHO GIVES A $#!+?! :huh

Seriously?! I opened him up, made sure my wife was taking care of my daughter and enjoyed spending the rest of the evening being 7 years old again!

But truth be told, after a night's worth of futzing, only one thing kept creeping up. If the stormy looks this good, imagine how good the Blackhole Trooper's gonna be? :drool :drool :drool

Hopefully imagining is all that'll ever happen, I really don't want SSC wasting resources on that overused concept, I'm not a fan of making the TFU Stormie but it's done.

Then we agree to disagree on the subject. But the reality is, you and I both know they're gonna milk these little molds till they're dry and/or damaged. :lol And changing paint colors isn't really wasting resources anyway. Besides, it'll give you an easy pass to save some cash and make the many other fans of the figure happy.

And changing paint colors isn't really wasting resources anyway.

But it is, it's an assembly line occupied producing it that could be used for a fresh figure.

I understand there's a niche fandom and any Star Wars character can be considered a waste compared to others all day long. I've just been disgusted by the whole "black" trooper deal, the most overused marketing concept I've ever seen, and I find this whole faux bronze thing creeping up there.

Ok,stupid question here: You took the chest piece off the figure first right?
I mean you applied pressure on the flared edges as you held it between thumb and forefinger as you applied heat to the back,no?

Thanks

I also imagine this figure takes a lot of guessing out of what to expect from the sandtrooper.

But it is, it's an assembly line occupied producing it that could be used for a fresh figure.

I understand there's a niche fandom and any Star Wars character can be considered a waste compared to others all day long. I've just been disgusted by the whole "black" trooper deal, the most overused marketing concept I've ever seen, and I find this whole faux bronze thing creeping up there.

How's it overused? :huh The only other 1:6 "black" trooper was a Medicom. And to my knowledge, among the 3 3/4" like two different clone troopers, the Blackhole Trooper and the OMEGA Commandos. That's 7 figures out of HOW MANY clones?

Ok,stupid question here: You took the chest piece off the figure first right?
I mean you applied pressure on the flared edges as you held it between thumb and forefinger as you applied heat to the back,no?

Heated it up a lot first, then pinched it while hot and ran it under cold water. It held fine.

Actually, it started reshaping a bit on its own. I don't think the flared look was part of the original mold. Not that flared anyway.

How's it overused? :huh The only other 1:6 "black" trooper was a Medicom. And to my knowledge, among the 3 3/4" like two different clone troopers, the Blackhole Trooper and the OMEGA Commandos. That's 7 figures out of HOW MANY clones?

I haven't taken a count, but for a period, it felt like every other new product was some sort of black trooper and I couldn't stand it anymore.

From Shropt's list:

1) Heat and bend the chest plate - CHECK
2) Attach chestplate to back plate with velcro - my chest stays pretty flat, no need
3) Fix the thigh armor higher on the legs. - CHECK
4) Pull the belt down under the blue lights on waist - CHECK
5) Fix the "asian" eyes - CHECK
6) Put some black on outside of mouth to seperate the outside teeth from mouth - even did this, CHECK
7) Paint the aerators with a ring of black - CHECK
8) Dry brush the mic tips to darken them - CHECK
9) Paint the black chin area with more black - CHECK
10) Gloss the whole set of armor with future or gloss acrylic - yet to do

Helmetrepaint-before-after3-5-09.jpg

Can't tell about the mouth so much or the eyes, but the fixes are there.

WOW. Great job, Wor-Gar. Will for sure do this when I get my Stormie.

Wor-gar, when you take the helmet off and on, do you apply any heat (heatgun/boiling water) or does it just pull off easily?

Back