Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is ^^^^ing insane. Half the fixes i woulda never noticed had nobody pointed it out. TOO MUCH WORK FOR A TOY. I think it looks fine, just would like to hear more about the joints.

:lecture :lecture

I am not worried. I get mine tomorrow and I'll let you know how mine are. Worse comes to worse I'll just do that crazy glue fix on the ankles.

This thread is ^^^^ing insane. Half the fixes i woulda never noticed had nobody pointed it out. TOO MUCH WORK FOR A TOY. I think it looks fine, just would like to hear more about the joints.

Tell me about it. Half this stuff is stuff most people outside of folks who have actual 1:1 suits would never notice. This hobby is supposed to be fun and too many are juts far too anal retentive to enjoy it. Posts like HAVING to mod something are just comical. If you feel this way about collecting I suggest getting out and try picking up knitting.

I think this thread has taken a very constructive turn. We've come up with a short list of easy fixes complete with tutuorials for how to make those fixes.

Way to go Star Wars section!! The best section on the board!! :rock

To much work for a toy indeed. Should be good right out of the box. Now, if only someone would find a remedy for the codpiece. Overall the SSC stormie looks great, but that codpiece really is to small. Once you've noticed it, you can't ignore it henceforth. Well, I can't. Somehow it breaks the overall appearance.

The remedy would be to cancel your SS Stormtrooper order and get a Marmit or Medicom version that will be going up on fleabay because of SS's.

Each figure has had small things that can be improved... nothing on this figure is a trainwreck and if you did nothing to it he'd still look fine. But if you are into tweaking your figure (like a number of people here are) the "fixes" are pretty minor.

Tell me about it. Half this stuff is stuff most people outside of folks who have actual 1:1 suits would never notice. This hobby is supposed to be fun and too many are juts far too anal retentive to enjoy it. Posts like HAVING to mod something are just comical. If you feel this way about collecting I suggest getting out and try picking up knitting.

Yep, thats exactly how I feel. I am so glad I don't care about every little millimeter of my figures, it sure would take the enjoyment out of it.

Hey guys, well it looks like Rismo already gave an excellent tutorial. I will try the velcro trick, thanks! I don't own an airbrush, so I just painted the Future on (picked it up at Walmart last night). I would recommend washing all the armor pieces in a bowl with dish soap first to remove any dust particles and dry on a paper towel. The Future is pretty forgiving with brush strokes and levels itself. As long as the surface is still wet, the brush lines will disappear. After you finish a piece, prop it up on its edges and let it dry.

The remedy would be to cancel your SS Stormtrooper order and get a Marmit or Medicom version that will be going up on fleabay because of SS's.

I have 2 medi ST's and I like them a lot. They may be a bit small, but their overall appearance seams in balance. Right out of the box. No fuzing needed. But shamelessly overpriced they are/were. Marmit... yes, my favorite 12" version of the ST. I missed a few auctions on those in the past. I'd still buy one if I get the chance. But, like I said, the SSC ST is really nice. Too bad about the codpiece. Perhaps someday, someone starts to cast Marmit codpieces, so the SSC ST's can be upgraded.

For Shropt:

SS helmet vs Marmit helmet:

SSvsMarmithelmet1.jpg

SSvsMarmithelmet2.jpg

You can see, correct or not, the Marmit is a bit "plasticy" looking and soft compared to the sharp SS helmet. That said, Marmit has the superior mold. Take the SS material and inject it into the Marmit mold and you'd have the perfect helmet.

They both look very good, but I have to give the nod to Marmit's helmet. It just looks better to me for some reason.

I am quite happy with Sideshow's helmet after the quick repaint I did yesterday. The 'asian' eyes were an easy fix. I just mixed titanium white with a touch of gray. It matched well enough for me.

For the anal.

I have the current list of fixes as this:

1) Heat and bend the chest plate
2) Attach chestplate to back plate with velcro
3) Fix the thigh armor higher on the legs.
4) Pull the belt down under the blue lights on waist
5) Fix the "asian" eyes
6) Put some black on outside of mouth to seperate the outside teeth from mouth
7) Paint the aerators with a ring of black
8) Dry brush the mic tips to darken them
9) Paint the black chin area with more black
10) Gloss the whole set of armor with future or gloss acrylic

Did I miss any?

Yep, thats exactly how I feel. I am so glad I don't care about every little millimeter of my figures, it sure would take the enjoyment out of it.

I'm not trying to be a prick myself but I just can't get that into them that I rip apart every detail in that regard. Maybe thats why my reviews aren't as harsh for some as they think they should be.

Dang, with everyone "fixing" their troopers I may have the only un-altered one left in existance... it will be worth millions. :)

For the anal.

I have the current list of fixes as this:

1) Heat and bend the chest plate
2) Attach chestplate to back plate with velcro
3) Fix the thigh armor higher on the legs.
4) Pull the belt down under the blue lights on waist
5) Fix the "asian" eyes
6) Put some black on outside of mouth to seperate the outside teeth from mouth
7) Paint the aerators with a ring of black
8) Dry brush the mic tips to darken them
9) Paint the black chin area with more black
10) Gloss the whole set of armor with future or gloss acrylic

Did I miss any?

11) Have a ice cold pepsi

Back