Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS did a pretty good job.
While the Marmit armor holds the high ground, the plastic holster does not.
Kudos to SS for making a superior belt and useable holster.:clap

When people are saying the Marmit still retains the #1 position in their opinion, are they referring to the strait out of the box Marmit or the ones like TK's which have been altered and new bodies inside?

Went home for lunch where my Stormie was waiting! I think he looks great! I don't have any problems with many of the nits pointed out here. The only thing is his ankle is way way way too loose. He can't stand on his own. And it's only his right ankle, really. I'll have to try the superglue trick when I get back home. Luckily, the black suit doesn't cover the ankle so it's easily accessible.

Another slight problem was the stand. There really isn't a good spot for the bracket to grab him. His belt pouch on the back gets in the way and it makes the figure lean way back because of the obstruction. If you place the brackets under the belt, it pushes the belt up too high on his torso. Anybody find a way around this besides using the Hot Toys bracket?

For Shropt:

SS helmet vs Marmit helmet:

SSvsMarmithelmet1.jpg

SSvsMarmithelmet2.jpg

You can see, correct or not, the Marmit is a bit "plasticy" looking and soft compared to the sharp SS helmet. That said, Marmit has the superior mold. Take the SS material and inject it into the Marmit mold and you'd have the perfect helmet.

Thanks Wor-Gar!! You rock.

I'd still like to see a similar comparison with a cleaned up Marmit Stunt Helmet aka the Sandtrooper helmet.

I posted this earlier but these are 2 Marmit Stunts and 1 Hero cleaned up.

MediandMarmit2.jpg

https://www.geocities.com/psew/MediandMarmit2.jpg

When people are saying the Marmit still retains the #1 position in their opinion, are they referring to the strait out of the box Marmit or the ones like TK's which have been altered and new bodies inside?

My impression is they're referring to the design of the armor and helmet and comparing the look of all the elements and not so much comparing the two as figures, leaving body and poseability out of the equation.

Straight out of the box the marmit "body" sucks ass.

and you have to put it together ........... a little and i mean a little futzing ... and you are ready to go and only $90 .... SS i think you did a great job ... know tweak the body just a little and you win hands down :banana

Just got my exclusive and there are paint chips on both forearm pieces and glue at the seam of the left side of the helmet. There''s also a paint rub on the chestplate. Very sloppy. The joints are also loose as hell. This is BS. I'm calling Sideshow for a replacement immediately.

Ok... So I guess when people say the Marmit still blows SS out of the water they are referring to a customized figure. Gotcha. :D

Ok... So I guess when people say the Marmit still blows SS out of the water they are referring to a customized figure. Gotcha. :D

That would be my thoughts on it... and really seems that if you tweek both to their limit you'd probably end up with a dead heat between them as both have their pluses and minuses.

Just got my exclusive and there are paint chips on both forearm pieces and glue at the seam of the left side of the helmet. There''s also a paint rub on the chestplate. Very sloppy. The joints are also loose as hell. This is BS. I'm calling Sideshow for a replacement immediately.

Sucks man, my paint was perfect. I'm sure SS will take care of ya :joy

My impression is they're referring to the design of the armor and helmet and comparing the look of all the elements and not so much comparing the two as figures, leaving body and poseability out of the equation.

Yup.
Most went with Dragon upgrades at the time.

I got my ship notice yesterday so hopefully yours shows up soon.

I hope so. This waiting business sucks. :lol

This is what I get for having to get back on the WL. Gonna be the same way with the other troopers too. :( I'm a freaking moron. :banghead

More like the armour and helmet, that's not really custom. I do agree the SS one has sharper lines and the white is much more bright but that might be because the Marmit's are pretty old so they might have looked whiter back in the day.

I wouldnt say "blow out of the water"
With the fixes listed in this thread SS holds its own or could edge out Marmit in over all quality.
Both brands require futzing to get to where most collectors want the acceptable level of accuracey.

Last edited:

I'm referring to the sculpt of the helmet and armor, and the glossy look. The Marmit still has problems, like the worst body, feet that are not seperate from the shin armor, and completely unflexible hands. Even with those faults, it still looks the best to me. The altered ones make them much better for posing, but don't change the look.

I wouldnt say "blow out of the water"
With the fixes listed in this thread SS holds its own or could edge out Marmit in over all quality.
Both brands require futzing to get to where most collectors want the acceptable level of accuracey.

I don't think you have to do most of those at all to have it look just fine. It looks pretty darn accurate with just some minor tugging and pulling. The rest are for those who need it to be prop repilca accurate.

Back