Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with all the hobbit heads?

Just figured I'd ask, some people get attached to trying to be the first or whatever to do something, I don't like raining on anyone's parade.

Your Episode II Obi-Wan looks just like mine right now :lol Let's go Sideshow, our figures need clothes.

Yes I am waiting for the SS Ep2 with great anticipation... If for no other reason than no longer having naked Ewan on my desk. :lol

Per the Hobbit heads.. I collect them. :D

The only thing I think I'm going to tweak any is using some velcro to close the gap in the armor chest plate.

Looks like I gotta do the velcro trick to keep the chest armor closed. It seems like it 'parted' wider overnight.

That or maybe the topstick suggestion under the back and front plates. See what my grocery store has.

EDIT:

The only thing I think I'm going to tweak any is using some velcro to close the gap in the armor chest plate.

:lol

Timing.

So when are you going to post your pics? :D

Tonight, I get my stuff sent to my work because it saves $2-$3 on shipping, which I don't get why it's cheaper to send to a business than home, but it is so why not save if I can.

I've got some ideas. Certain things have been well covered already in here so i've been brainstorming some fresh ideas.

Maybe not film accurrate, but I like the way the head rest on the shoulders, makes him seem more imposing that way, like he's really armored and built like a linebacker.

I didn't. That's why I popped off the head and just rested it on the ball-joint. Makes it look like he has a neck now.

All you do is pop the head off, and when you put it back on, don't push it in the whole way. That's it.

Bingo!

For those of you that are not aware, the Cylinder thing on the back of the belts is a grenade. Depending on the source material, it might b a fragmentation grenade, or a thermal detonator. So being able to be removed is a good idea.

Interesting bit of info! I thought it was some type of oxygen cylinder.

Tonight, I get my stuff sent to my work because it saves $2-$3 on shipping, which I don't get why it's cheaper to send to a business than home, but it is so why not save if I can..

I believe it's because more packages are sent to businesses and they won't have to go out of their way to deliver to a home. They are most probably already going to that commercial building anyway.

Did we get a review of your first impressions?

Ya pretty short and sweet. Delighted, I'm going from a Hasbro POS to this so it's been a very uphill experience. I got a better armor body than my Clonobis, though it still could be tighter, hope to see continued improvement there in future, I'm sure there will be. Happy and surprised how fuller the helmet seems in hand, most pics have made the top 2/3 seem sort of slender and almost "V" a bit towards the top, not so in hand, so I hope to make images that really show off the true shape. So far, I like the chest piece as is, I think that and how the helmet rests makes him look more threatening and tough. It's an interesting and really cool feeling having a high end Trooper in my SW collection finally, so many heroes and barely armored if not at all villains and this just feels really cool, fresh and exciting.

Looks like I gotta do the velcro trick to keep the chest armor closed. It seems like it 'parted' wider overnight.

That or maybe the topstick suggestion under the back and front plates. See what my grocery store has.

EDIT:

:lol

Timing.

I've told ya before. Great minds. :lol

...this just feels really cool, fresh and exciting.

Exactly. It's geat to see SS's attempt at a Stormtrooper after soooooo long. I think they did great!

There's just something about a stark white trooper. Monochromatic glory. It's just so cool.

BTW, did Rismo's velcro trick. Worked great.

Last edited:
That's what I tried, the regular blaster, didn't the Ex.

It's ok because he can hold it right and still look cool, just would be cool too if he could it right handed too.

I guess maybe more often than not they are lefties, would make sense with the holder being on the left, the idea being to quick draw and fire, you're not going to draw it, throw it in your other hand and then fire, too late.

Like I said, being a righty, it just seems natural to pose figures as righty.

I heard that the reason Stormies held their blasters oddly was because of how the forearm armor restricted the actors' hand movement.

I've only posed my Stormy with a righty grip, no problem at all. I thought one of his right hands was for that purpose.

Stormtrooper5.jpg

where the hell is the medi-thrust/ssc pics at........:cuss......:monkey3

:monkey2...........i have not been able to join this party as of yet but have bookmarked several pages on certain tips..........bravo people !!!!

does anyone think (like i do) that the sandtrooper armor will be the exact same with the exceptions of the added on pouches, back packs and weaponry. the reason i mention this is...........a tad of velcro to the chest armor to make it sit just right would not be out of the realm of possibility and not that huge of impact to cost.............but would go miles in pr..........strictly IMHO.......:D

Back