Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you guys are painting the outer area of the mic on the helmet, are you removing them or just using freehand?

Awesome pics, Maulfan...SS should just stick those in their gallery!

free hand ... would love to have some one show me how to take them off

SSEXStormtrooper.jpg

Just got my Stormtrooper. I want another.

Yup...finally got my exclusive today. Two of the regular editions will be here on Tuesday. Wish I could afford another 3.
Although I have read everyone's initial posts and fixes...I don't plan on changing any of mine. They seem just swell to me. I do hope my two reg's have much tighter leg joints than my exclusive.
THX Sideshow for another wonderful addition to the 1/6th SW line. Diggin' my trooper. Now bring on Vader.

BTW...excellent photo AngryEwok.

Love all the pictures. I got mine on Tuesday and I thought it was a good piece. I'm not going to nitpick, but overall I think I give it an 8/10. Very solid product from Sideshow. I'm actually really looking forward to the Sandtrooper.

I haven't decided if I am going to do any modifications, such as tightening the chest piece or trying to shine it up a bit more.

That's my only major complaint...I want more cowbell...I mean shine. ;-)

I got my regular edition today, and feel like a lot of you do: it looks great but the loose limbs are annoying and then some; the loose chest armor is another negative. This was about $20 too much for what we got.

I'm still keeping him, though.

OK, I did some tunning up with this Stormtrooper and now he's much more pleasing to the eye. I still have to do some minor touch ups and gloss him up which is fairly important to me.

Things I did to get where he's at:

*Chest armor boiled and formed
*Velcrowd Chest to fit snuggly
*Unstrapped the connecting cod and butt elastic
*Pulled ab and cod piece down to elongate the body
*Unweathered the shoes
*Fixed the paint on the helmet: head band(brow), eyes, mouth, chin and mic.

"Give it up Gimp"
sideshowstormtrpr3.jpg

https://ca.geocities.com/psew/sideshowstormtrpr3.jpg

Out of the Box and cleanly Futz to the max
sideshowstormtrpr1.jpg

https://ca.geocities.com/psew/sideshowstormtrpr1.jpg

Tuned up to look like a Stormtrooper
sideshowstormtrpr2.jpg

https://ca.geocities.com/psew/sideshowstormtrpr2.jpg

sideshowstormtrpr.jpg

https://ca.geocities.com/psew/sideshowstormtrpr.jpg

Great shots Sean.

Just have to reiterate Josh'd sentiments - awesome shots!

I just received my figure yesterday and it's a very cool figure! Very stoked to finally have a stormtrooper in the collection. The few small detail issues are easy fixes as have already been posted and everything else, for me, works together extremely well. Now I want to buy another one! Hopefully I'll get some decent shots taken in the near future, but they probably won't rival the clarity of what has already been posted.

Love the images seen here. My 2 pieces will be arriving at my local retail shop next weekend.:banana

I sat down and watched A New Hope, last night, to systematically go through some of the complaints I'm seeing here in terms of accuracy.

I think the chest armor being a little on the bulky side is actually accurate, depending on the trooper. The short-neck appearance is also accurate for the same reason, seeing as some troopers are shorter or thicker than others. Remember, these aren't copy-and-pasted CGI models - there are humans in there. For that reason, if I had two of these, for diversity's sake I would leave the first as-is and only tighten the chest plate and elevate the head on the other.

For the folks who don't have this, yet, and may be a tad concerned - The slightly inaccurate cup/cod seems much more out of proportion in the official photos than it is on-hand. We all know how that is, canceling a Sideshow based on a photo, then finding out down the road it's actually a great piece sitting on the shelf.

Once I heated up the chest, the rest of the flapping armor didn't bug as bad. And really its the thigh armor that is the main culprit..I'm loving this figure....

I can't get over how darn good some of you are in taking pics. Amazing!!!

Last edited:
where the hell is the medi-thrust/ssc pics at........:cuss......:monkey3

:monkey2...........i have not been able to join this party as of yet but have bookmarked several pages on certain tips..........bravo people !!!!

does anyone think (like i do) that the sandtrooper armor will be the exact same with the exceptions of the added on pouches, back packs and weaponry. the reason i mention this is...........a tad of velcro to the chest armor to make it sit just right would not be out of the realm of possibility and not that huge of impact to cost.............but would go miles in pr..........strictly IMHO.......:D

Nope. There's actually an image in the gallery on the product page of the Sandtrooper that shows all the slight differences in the armor to make the Sandtrooper screen accurate (or as close as possible):

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/2138_press08-001.jpg

So the helmet won't fell if doing this?

There are varying levels of the helmet being on, from just resting atop the peg to being pushed down all the way, with a good bit of space in between. You should be able to find a happy medium of form and function.

Sorry about the fuzzy photo. Anyway, heated the chest plate using hot water and got wonderful results! Aside from that I added some fabric under the upper leg armor and applied some touch up paint to the obvious areas of need on the helmet. As a Marmit owner I can say SSC is superior in almost every way. I'm a happy collector right now.:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

Does he come with a new stand, it looks like some of the pictures have the stand where the holding parts come under his crotch......

Back