Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my :stormtroo earlier today!
I don't have any lose joints on mine, the ankles could be tighter but I wouldn't call them lose. It's NOTHING compared to the looseness of Cloneobi. The lose armor slipping around on the body is annoying, but I'm sure that's easily fixable. I wish the helmet was painted a bit better, specifically the respirators, eyes, mic, and brow band, but the other helmet markings are absolutely perfect. One of the holster straps on mine was unglued straight out of the box, but it's an easy fix. The crispness of the armor, the accuracy, and the quality of materials are outstanding!
Overall I love Sideshow's Stormie!
I own a first gen unmodified Marmit Sandtrooper, I'm interested in comparing the two later tonight, after I reshape the chest armor on the new trooper.

I really want to buy a second one now. :D

Last edited:
Yet people will pay more for a marmit that cost more to do even more to. :lol

Well, part of the fun of the Marmit was putting it together. I remember being deathly afraid that I was going to break Boba Fett's chest armor when I tried to put it on him.

Of course, that ended with me realizing my kit came with two right feet, and I sent it back to the retailer for a replacement, and never heard from them again. :( I believe the retailer was Anime Collectibles, off Rebelscum's recommendation, I even emailed Philip Wise to let him know, and nothing came of it.

I'm sure that doesn't sound like fun, but hey, some people get their jollies off by getting punched in the face, so don't judge me, man :p

I've only posed my Stormy with a righty grip, no problem at all. I thought one of his right hands was for that purpose.

Stormtrooper5.jpg

But it looks like the finger can't go on the trigger. That's my issue, I can hold it in both right hands, but neither will put a finger on the trigger, kinda like ANH Leia, how it was a bit weird she can hold guns but not look like she's firing them.

Resolved, I got one of the right hands to pull the trigger with a little finess, definitely glad the Stormie hands are softer compared to Clonobi.

But it looks like the finger can't go on the trigger. That's my issue, I can hold it in both right hands, but neither will put a finger on the trigger, kinda like ANH Leia, how it was a bit weird she can hold guns but not look like she's firing them.

No wonder troopers are such lousy shots -- they don't have their fingers at the ready.

I got mine today! wow! I cant believe how awesome this little guy is.I have a full size trooper outfit and the detail of this little figure blows me away! I am not one that gets involved in these nit picking sessions over details,but alot of what I am seeing on here about the armor loosness is acurrate to the real thing.in make believe world everything fits perfect and moves perfect,but in a real suit you dont have much mobility.for that matter I believe the costumes in the original movie where all made of foam rubber.that way the actors could move and pose properly.
over all I think sideshow has done an awesome job with this line.I know you cant please everybody but I think sideshow has come real close to making everyone happy.they still need to improve on the bodies and paint apps. and some minor sculpting details,but over all I love what they have done and will continue to buy thier products without complaints.

Incredible shots as always, MF! I especially like the multi-character pics. Stormie is a really nice addition to the line, but I just have to say (again) just how incredible is that Old Ben figure! You're a great photographer, MF, but I honestly think that if I tripped and my camera accidentally fired while pointed in the general direction of Old Ben as I was falling down the stairs... I'd still get a great shot of him!

Cheers!
-QGF

damn MF.........those pics are a little too good. shows a bit of QC that got missed.
but overall i think that this figure will def set a bench mark of the armored figs to follow.

Yeah Old Ben is very photogenic. The excellent paint apps and sculpt are to thank for that. I'd love to add him to my collection someday.

When you guys are painting the outer area of the mic on the helmet, are you removing them or just using freehand?

Awesome pics, Maulfan...SS should just stick those in their gallery!

Back