Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Boil water in microwave.
2) Submerge bottom half of chest plate in water for 30 seconds.
3) Take out of water
4) Bend to desired shape
5) Run it under cold water while holding in place.

SDCC exclusive:

Stormtrooper 2-pack with 2 extra heads (repainted Han and Luke)
2 extra trooper belts
1 long barreled rifle

$199.99

Seriously Sideshow, DO IT!!! I don't even need a special package, just sell me the two troopers with heads I can plug in myself, and put the belts and rifle in a baggie with header card. No muss, no fuss.

SDCC exclusive:

Stormtrooper 2-pack with 2 extra heads (repainted Han and Luke)
2 extra trooper belts
1 long barreled rifle

$199.99

Seriously Sideshow, DO IT!!! I don't even need a special package, just sell me the two troopers with heads I can plug in myself, and put the belts and rifle in a baggie with header card. No muss, no fuss.

No way in hell would I pay $199 for that when I could make my own for about $40 less.

Basically I've heard people have success with both... but the water is going to take longer than if you were just popping a resin head. Or if you use the hairdryer you want to heat just that area on a lower setting for a longer period of time. I think if you aren't careful its possible to warp the shoulder straps.

Hairblower worked for me, but I had to heat it for a long, long time.

Definitely aim low, away from the straps, as I believe I slightly warped mine... although I have since heated and pulled them back into shape.

No way in hell would I pay $199 for that when I could make my own for about $40 less.

2 troopers will run you at least $180 unless you find a hell of a deal. AlterEgo sells them for $81 + $9 shipping. That's a pretty standard price. You're probably going to pay $10 for a Luke or Han headsculpt. Toy Anxiety is selling the nude bodies for $22 and $26 respectively. Who knows how much a Stormtrooper belt will run you, I doubt many people would part with theirs, any reseller would probably ask at least $25 because of how much demand there is. Shoot, Toy Anxiety asks $16 just for the blaster, and that's been re-used 4 times, hardly a rare piece.

How do you come up with $160??

2 troopers will run you at least $180 unless you find a hell of a deal. AlterEgo sells them for $81 + $9 shipping. That's a pretty standard price. You're probably going to pay $10 for a Luke or Han headsculpt. Toy Anxiety is selling the nude bodies for $22 and $26 respectively. Who knows how much a Stormtrooper belt will run you, I doubt many people would part with theirs, any reseller would probably ask at least $25 because of how much demand there is. Shoot, Toy Anxiety asks $16 just for the blaster, and that's been re-used 4 times, hardly a rare piece.

How do you come up with $160??

I already have a Han and Luke head and an MG-34. I can get 2 stormies for $160.

I agree. With boiling water you have even, controlled heat.

I did the hairblower thing before this fix went big... but I was nervous to try the boiling water thing at first because I didn't know if it would hurt/bubble the paint. Obviously there is no concern of that now... but I didn't know then.

Either way will work. Whether one's better than another just gets down to preference and skill. Chicks like guys with skills.

I just got my Stormie in and had to take a photo with the MG-34. What do you guys think? This is with very little futzing and no repainting.

stormtrooper.jpg

I did the hairblower thing before this fix went big... but I was nervous to try the boiling water thing at first because I didn't know if it would hurt/bubble the paint. Obviously there is no concern of that now... but I didn't know then.

Either way will work. Whether one's better than another just gets down to preference and skill. Chicks like guys with skills.

Yeah, I did the hair dryer trick the same day Wor-Gar did his. No problems whatsoever.

I will be interested in a Luke Han combo if they come with new headsculpts. Otherwise, I will have to pass just like Ep II Obi.

Back