Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally got my SS Stormie. After ready most of these posts about the issues with the body, I'm glad the only minor complaint I have is the hips and ankles. True the rest of the joints could be a tad tighter but no problems with shoulders,arms,elbows and knees.

This is what I did to fix the loose hips. Basically I inserted two small pieces of silicone in the butt plate to rub up against the hip pins. Not the most sophisticated way of doing it but it works extremely well. Now I just need to do the ankles and this bad boy can stand on his own!
Any ideas on this?
DSC06913.jpg

DSC06914.jpg

DSC06916.jpg

:banana

I did something similar that I was going to post about tonight. I superglued some small pieces of the stretchy ace bandage wraps to the ends of the hip posts and that worked nicely. It provides enough extra friction and grip against the plastic that separates the two posts.

What model of camera and flash unit do you have? Again, your pictures have a very pleasant lighting to them.

To other members, talking about the pleather neck piece, mine was loose like Pixletwin's. There is no sign that it was ever sewn onto the body suit. I am thinking about finding a substitute neck piece. It is a bit too bulky for my taste. I e-mailed a collection of companies that make produce small rubber tubes with ribbing, but most of them never replied to me and those that did, do not make anything suitable for the project. I am considering creating the illusion of a neckpiece with tiny strips of electrical tape laid on the neck. But is it true that electrical tape destroys plastic? I have already primed the black neck piece and painted it a flesh tone.

10xwxkw.jpg

Justin, if you try your Fry's Electronics, Radio Shack, Ace Hardware, Home Depot, etc. They should have the tubing that hides computer/tv wires. It's PVC, so it's easy to cut to size, won't damage the figures and comes in a variety of diameters, one of which is perfect as a substitute neck piece:

tubing440.jpg

Initially, way back in the day when I thought about doing Hasbro customs of the disguised duo, I almost picked some up.

Per Nam's question regarding Clones....

I do believe by the time of ANH the Empire was no longer relying on clones but had an open enrollment in the army. So yeah, technically the Temura Morrison sculpt shouldn't be used with the ANH Stormtrooper.. but it looks cool, so who cares? :lol

I'm not sure if that's accurate about the open enrollment. I first remember hearing back in 1980-81 from a friend of mine that the Stormtroopers were all clones. That's why they all had the same voice back in the original Episode IV (before new voices were added for the SE).

Also, I remember hearing Lucas in the commentary say something to the effect of how he threw Jango's head bumping into Slave I in as a joke, and how he thought it would be funny if head-bumping was a trait that would carry all of the way through to the Imperial Stormtrooper designs of the clones.

I do like the idea, though, of the Stormtroopers being regular enlisted joes. It would explain why the clones were all so deadly and the stormies so woefully incompetent.

There's also the possibility that the Phase III clones (Stormtroopers) were cloned from someone other than Fett. (The way they shoot, though, it was probably a Gungun. :lol)

Some of them where I think is the official story now but most were not if I understand correctly. Which would explain why they couldn't shoot for nothin.

They have different voices as well.

Yeah, I always think of the 2 stormtroopers chatting about the new T-16 or whatever when Obi-Wan distracts them from guard duty. Doesn't seem like something the film clones would have done, but their portrayal in the new Clone Wars series does seem to give them more individuation.

I read somewhere that OT Stormies were indeed regular enlisted bods (most of the original clone / stormies had been killed or aged somewhat? I dunno) but the 501st were still in operation and they were the last of the 'pure' clones... sometimes anonymously dropped into other 'regular' squads to keep them salty (kinda like the SAS!)

Didn't the Emperor, more or less ban cloning similar to the way he outlawed combat droids? Basically so no-one else could mimic his plan that he used to rise to power?

(ps all of the above may be complete bs - i read and hear alot of SW trivia but still cant work out what is canon or just someone's overactive imagination!)

:stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo

Last edited:
Got mine today, but I have one slight problem with him. The shoulder pieces ride up so high that it looks like he's hunching. Is there any easy way to fix this?

Back