Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere that OT Stormies were indeed regular enlisted bods (most of the original clone / stormies had been killed or aged somewhat? I dunno) but the 501st were still in operation and they were the last of the 'pure' clones... sometimes anonymously dropped into other 'regular' squads to keep them salty (kinda like the SAS!)

Didn't the Emperor, more or less ban cloning similar to the way he outlawed combat droids? Basically so no-one else could mimic his plan that he used to rise to power?

(ps all of the above may be complete bs - i read and hear alot of SW trivia but still cant work out what is canon or just someone's overactive imagination!)

:stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo

I can hear the collective groan now... :lol

EU referance: If going by the Republic Commando books written by Karen Traviss, Kamino was destroyed during the Clone Wars to prevent it falling into separatist hands. After that happened, cloning was secretly moved to Coruscant under the Emperor's demand and outlawed (they even hunted down all the cloners). It is at this point, where they start cloning clones from clone DNA rather than Jango's pure DNA. This explains the horrible shots, lack of organization skills, head bumping into doorways, etc. But those clones are aged 4 years to 1 vs. the normal clones 2 to 1. This is why I believe that by ANH, any of the 1st batch of clones would be well into their 60's+ with any of the Coruscant clones being loooooooooooong dead.

I had an old magazine from the OT days that even mentioned the stormtroopers being clones. I need to dig that up and see what it said.

EDIT: This was it. Came out in 1981.

8315_12.JPG

GREAT SHATNER'S GHOST!!! I had that!!!! It was like my bible for sooooo long!

If i remember correctly it was cobbled together using the inner pages from previous poster magazines....I just remember it being HUGE... or maybe I was small?

I can hear the collective groan now... :lol

EU referance: If going by the Republic Commando books written by Karen Traviss, Kamino was destroyed during the Clone Wars to prevent it falling into separatist hands. After that happened, cloning was secretly moved to Coruscant under the Emperor's demand and outlawed (they even hunted down all the cloners). It is at this point, where they start cloning clones from clone DNA rather than Jango's pure DNA. This explains the horrible shots, lack of organization skills, head bumping into doorways, etc. But those clones are aged 4 years to 1 vs. the normal clones 2 to 1. This is why I believe that by ANH, any of the 1st batch of clones would be well into their 60's+ with any of the Coruscant clones being loooooooooooong dead.

Ah yes Traviss always making George and crew look good, I hear she is the best writer in the EU and is excellent at applying the appropriate band-aids between trilogies. For once NAM we agree on something. This actually sounds cool. :duff

Hey!!! Just got mine here in OZ from SSC yesterday....it was late evening here when i took the pics,but will do some more natural lighted pics on the weekend...

I read into that wookiepedia article and got thoroughly confused... I'm not big on EU lore so I have no idea what the hell happened in-between Ep. III and IV and even less about what happened after Ep. VI.
But it seems the Empire went on after the death of the Emperor? And Stormtroopers were still around long after that? And that there was another empire?
Anybody care to give me a broad outline?

Got mine today. Man this figure is pretty fantastic. Love how the armor came out, the detail, the overall feel. I had no loose joints a all. I was able to have mine stand up without a stand so no issues with the ankles either. I did use some velcro tobring the chest armor closer together.

Well so far both my troopers joints are nice and tight and stand on there own easily right out the box. I got really bored and decided to see if he could hold the pose from the Image the exclusive came from. It doesn't look it in the pic but he's actually leaned back a good ways but he didn't even come close to falling over.

Felthy.jpg
IMG00041-20090312-0320.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics but all my equipment for taking photos is packed up right now so I'm stuck taking cell phone pics till I can get it out again :banghead

Very cool pose!!! :rock

Well, got on the waitlist and it just converted so...I'll be able to add something to the images here and see what all the (good) fuss is about soon! At least everyone has given out some great futzing tips to get the trooper looking his best...can't wait!

And let's see those shots, Josh!

Ah yes Traviss always making George and crew look good, I hear she is the best writer in the EU and is excellent at applying the appropriate band-aids between trilogies. For once NAM we agree on something. This actually sounds cool. :duff

Yeah, those books are awesome! Definitely recommend them to anybody wanting to experience the life of a clone and understand their POV of Jedi.

i have news for you... none of it happened.

The man's got a point and ironically, posted something worthy of you EF! :rotfl

Got mine yesterday. Have to say this is one of the best designed figure from Sideshow.:emperor

I am so HAPPY....:)

It is a cool pose and well done for matching it... also looks a bit Michael Jackson-y to me!

It really does have a Michael Jackson pose. LOL. SSC New Ex. ST comes with a chimp and a little boy, "Luke in chains"

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back