Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my three and opened the two regulars first. My impressions, pretty good. The ankles must be worked out, as they are too lose. The elastic for the shoulder plates is too long and thus, hang badly. I think I'm going to velcro a few pieces. The areas that weren't completely painted are VERY obvious once one is painted. Some joints are tighter than others, but I expected that going in. All in all I like them, and can't wait to pose them with Vader, but I have a feeling I'll be getting some of those under leg stands like HT does so that I can stand these guys without fear of them falling.

I would really like to see a lot more shots of this Stormtrooper. A lot of the out-of-the-box shots don't really flatter the figure much. To me, the legs look too long and the torso too short.

Am I nuts?

Edit - The torso also looks too bulky to me.

The only proportion that might be off is the size of the feet, other than that, from the ankles up is nicely proportioned I think.

Everything looks perfectly proportioned except for the aforementioned codpiece. :horror

But even that doesn't look so bad in person.

I would really like to see a lot more shots of this Stormtrooper. A lot of the out-of-the-box shots don't really flatter the figure much. To me, the legs look too long and the torso too short.

Am I nuts?

Yeah, at first when everyone started talking about the chest armor being too big, I thought I'd fix it when I got mine, but now that I've started playing around with it, it looks fine.

It actually relieves me of a lot of concern or reservations I'd had about armored figures. It gets rid of of the 2 major recurring problems that Sideshow has had in the past, production paint ops on the face?? Gone. Crappy Buck body?? Gone.

Cool. Glad to hear that the figure was done so well. I am heartsick that I have had to shelf collecting. I cancelled like 50 figures that I had pre-ordered from Sideshow including my Stormtroper, Vader, Snake Eyes and abuncha others. So I will be like a barky little dog begging for info and pics on these releases.

Two pics I forgot to post:

1236909410.jpg

1236909388.jpg

Ok, cool..so you think Future is better to use then gloss spray from a can?, Future will wear off after time right?..i know Taiyama gloss spray stays glossy..my 18inch RoboCop was sprayed with it and that was like 2 years or more ago and its still very glossy..used to the whole can on him though.

Future should not wear off, since it is actually an acrylic based polish. You can take it off, and I guess if you handle it alot it might wear off. But if you leave it alone, it should be fine.

Am I nuts?

I think your assessment is right on point. The out of the box shots are kinda...off. Just look at mine.

Legs look long: That's because the shin armor slides down too much.
The torso looks too short: That's a combination of the chest armor being too wide at the bottom and the elastic straps pulling the shoulder armor in close to the neck...gives him a diminished shoulder look sometimes.
The torso looks too bulky: Again the chest armor and the shoulder attachement.

All this can apparently be remedied, but right out the box...he didn't break any land speeds or nothing. Once futzed, he should be a great addition to the collection.

I just did some more gutting in my trooper helmet and it now rests at the proper height with the HT headsculpt underneath. :D

Well, finally finished futzing with one of my troops. Still have 2 more to go.

Anyways, I pretty much did the usual:

-Boiled the chest and back armor for a better fit.

-Added some white paint to get rid of the excess black on the corner of the eyes; made the frown smaller.

-Added padding behind the codpiece and rear end to get the bottom portion of the armor to pop out more.

-Adjusted the straps for the shoulder and codpiece.

I wanted a pose with the Stormtrooper AIMING his weapon. This is what I got:

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_103.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_105.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_112.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_115.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_116.jpg

Added some gray to the boots.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_109.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_104.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_113.jpg

Back