Sideshow acquires DC License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see Darkseid PF, Darkseid 1/6 action figure and Darkseid Legendary scale bust!

OMEGA BEAM FTW!

Omega_Beams_01.jpg

This post FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yess:

I guess there was no dc video. No new 1/6 scale news for dc. :monkey2

Well, I'm not sure if it was here or over on Statue Forum, but I heard that there's still supposed to be a DC video coming out, and that the delay was because of pending approval from DC themselves...So I dunno..

No word on scale either officially or unofficially but a lot of folks are reporting (all unofficially of course) that PF, Comiquettes, 1:1 busts, 1:2 LSBs, Dios are all in the works but until we get it from Sideshow it's all speculation and even then remember that the Indiana Jones license promised 1:1 busts and they never came so right now the only thing that we can bank on is PFs because they are already shown.

When I was pressing Tony at the party for Green Lantern information, I specifically asked about Dios.

His answer was no. It was not given to them by DC. It was for 1:4 "and larger" and the 1:6 line.

But I got my GL info, so its all good. :yess:

Is it ok to? I mean, are we allowed to spill what was said at the party? Ididnt know if it was "hush hush" or not?

Cory

HA.

I asked how long I would have to wait for a GL piece. His answer was "not long", when I asked hypothetically, how long, his answer was "hypothetically, next year"

Said it would be a PF. but PF doesnt necessarily mean cloth, just means mixed media. He said they were stretching the term "mixed media", and that GL would be completely sculpted and have light up action.

So the DC license is under the "Disney" term of PF where it refers to a simple scale but not necessarily as we have come to know it. Disney gave them only a Premium Format license which is why pieces like Chernabog which are mostly sculpted are still consider PFs. They are stretching that limit as well.

GL fully sculpted is a little disappointing considering that they've done spandex and DCD even went to the mixed media fabric.

While I like the spandex on my DCD piece, I cant stand the emblem on his chest. Hopfully, being fully sculpted we can get three points of lightup action on him. Ring, Lantern, and Chest Emblem

HA.

I asked how long I would have to wait for a GL piece. His answer was "not long", when I asked hypothetically, how long, his answer was "hypothetically, next year"

Said it would be a PF. but PF doesnt necessarily mean cloth, just means mixed media. He said they were stretching the term "mixed media", and that GL would be completely sculpted and have light up action.

Cool! Thanks for the news :clap

Good to know about the completely sculpted GL.

I wonder why DC has not given SS the licence for dios though.

Unless they can figure out how to do the "power" emblem which floats above the chest, I don't need it to light up unless we are talking a film version. Joker is absolutely perfect because at its essence it's a fully recognizable and beloved interpretation of a DC Character, I expect the same for all including GL which means give the man spandex.

When I was pressing Tony at the party for Green Lantern information, I specifically asked about Dios.

His answer was no. It was not given to them by DC. It was for 1:4 "and larger" and the 1:6 line.

But I got my GL info, so its all good. :yess:

That is cool, bro! Hal Jordan PF with light-up ring and the power lantern will totally rock! :clap

I hope Sideshow will make Sinestro PF and Darkseid PF soon too!

Maybe DCD wants to keep doing those 3 piece Dios.

You know, because receding hairline Nightwing, and Manface Catwoman were such a good look

I heard from the DC Direct SDCC podcast that DCD is still continuing on with their classic confrontation line. I would rather want Sideshow making VS diorama instead of DCD. For the same price, Sideshow will make a bigger scale VS diorama with awesome details and maybe light-up effects. :1-1:

Back