Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful. He looks so awesome in every pic I've seen. The wait was well worth it. What a fantastic job sideshow did.

I have to say he looks fantastic in all of the pictures posted and, even though I have absolutely freakin' nowhere to put him, I've decide to keep my PO. Just can't justify letting go of such a great looking piece.

EXACTLY! He's stunning. I have to keep him even though I have so many statues I'm buying and so little cash :(

Too right, this is such a brillaint statue, so damn glad i got it. :yess:

Last edited:
I'm looking to put up a shelf in the living room to hold Angel.

My cousin says it's a plasterboard wall so i'd need some expanding anchors for the wall to support the shelf and statue.

Anyone here used these or done something similar?

I wanna know everything i can so i don't screw it up and have the statue drop

Go to your local hardware store and tell them what kind of wall you have and they'll point to the right wall anchors that you'll need.

He won't fall. He has wings.

What about Icarus?

Go to your local hardware store and tell them what kind of wall you have and they'll point to the right wall anchors that you'll need.

Though i do trust my cousin is there a way to find out what type of wall you have without ripping it apart?

Most places use drywall in the US. I'm sure that's what you have for your walls, but it may be different in London.

Drywall has a chalky like substance in the middle.

Though i do trust my cousin is there a way to find out what type of wall you have without ripping it apart?

I guess the only way to find out is by chipping a bit off. If it's like chalky powder, it's drywall/plasterboard.

EDIT: You can also drill some holes as well. Were you planning on hanging a huge shelf for more statues or just a special one only for Angel?

I guess the only way to find out is by chipping a bit off. If it's like chalky powder, it's drywall/plasterboard.

EDIT: You can also drill some holes as well. Were you planning on hanging a huge shelf for more statues or just a special one only for Angel?

It's gonna be a shelf just for Angel, i think he'll really pop as a solo display piece, i think i'll drill/chip a little bit behind my cabinet on the wall to see if it's chalky or not, at least i'll know and proceed from there.

I've been knocking on the walls to guage the different sounds and it sounded pretty solid to me, but my cousin is a bit more knowledgable and reckons it's plasterboard, we'll see.

Its dangerous business making your own wall shelf, be careful, I have seen two fall in my lifetime. Thats how I lost my car model collection. Shelf fell right on top of about 15 cars I painted.

I think it's better to buy display shelves better making your own. Just think of the amount of weight it needs to hold when we are talking about 1:4 statues that can easily weigh 15-20lbs each.

I think it's better to buy display shelves better making your own. Just think of the amount of weight it needs to hold when we are talking about 1:4 statues that can easily weigh 15-20lbs each.

:exactly: Or have it professionally installed. If I were going to place some of my heavy SS statues on one I would only want the best, once it falls your screwed.

It's gonna be a shelf just for Angel, i think he'll really pop as a solo display piece, i think i'll drill/chip a little bit behind my cabinet on the wall to see if it's chalky or not, at least i'll know and proceed from there.

I've been knocking on the walls to guage the different sounds and it sounded pretty solid to me, but my cousin is a bit more knowledgable and reckons it's plasterboard, we'll see.

Hope everything goes well Nova. Since you're going to a hardware place, I'm certain you will get better help/view on how to execute your plan better.

Cheers.

Its dangerous business making your own wall shelf, be careful, I have seen two fall in my lifetime. Thats how I lost my car model collection. Shelf fell right on top of about 15 cars I painted.

Yes it is. I had a friend that had a shelf hung for all his items from VG limited editions. It fell out of the blue when I was there one day. My friend was depressed when half his stuff was damaged or broken.

It's a major risk. The only way for it to be safe is to keep less weight as possible, but that's hard for a collector since all they want to do is show their collection off.

Oh i'm defintely buying a shelf, i wouldn't know where to begin in making my own, i can barely make myself toast in the morning :lol

I'll install it myself or maybe get my neighbor to help, he's pretty handy

We ain't rich VS :pfft:

Im not remotely rich :lol Middleclass working man :( I wish I could make more money :eek:

Display shelves aren't that expensive anyways. Ikea makes some very affordable Bestas. If I'm going to put $1000s of statues on a shelf, it better 100% secure. A Besta can cost $125-$175. That's a small investment to make on my Collectibles.

Oh i'm defintely buying a shelf, i wouldn't know where to begin in making my own, i can barely make myself toast in the morning :lol

I'll install it myself or maybe get my neighbor to help, he's pretty handy
Milk crates and boards will do the same :lol

Back