Sideshow Beetlejuice (new figure?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People complaining it's pretty dam close to the proto, my complaint is why the hell does he come with nothing after seeing the lost boys video? Could of at least added a diorama base or a tombstone to sit on. 🤦😂
1000043722.jpg
1000043721.jpg
View attachment 1000043719.pngView attachment 1000043718.pngView attachment 1000043717.png

Yeah - this isn't worth the insanely high price SS are charging.

The hands look good, as does the tie and I love the outer packaging.

But the likeness has weakened considerably from the prototype and the hair is a mess and not in a good way.
The furrow of the brow has all but disappeared as have the face wrinkles and creases which combined with a flat and amateurish paint application has completely ruined the likeness around the eyes, forehead and upper part of the face.
I will say the sculpt on the teeth still looks good.

The paintwork on the face and neck has worsened significantly - more than I was expecting even with fairly low expectations if I am being honest.

The clothes also seem to lack the grossness/weathering/discolouration of the proto, with only a slight grey smudge replacing it.

The hair has major problems, the biggest of which seems to be they got the rooting the wrong way around, the hair appears to be longer and thicker on top and shorter/thinner of the sides instead of the other way around.
I am not stylist but that seems like it would be harder to correct than the inaccurate colour.

The handbook looks odd and weirdly discolored with the lettering turning yellow and the image looking fuzzy - I dont believe this effect to be intentional and it certainly isn't screen-accurate.
Which would be bad enough but given this is the figure's ONLY ACCESSORY its pretty awful and especially at this price point.

This is one I would wait until it reaches the bargain bin or just get the hands when its parted out.
The sculpt could maybe be salvaged if it was re-rooted and painted, but sadly the missing sculpted details you see on the proto are never coming back.
Honestly - best case scenario another company takes the sculpt of the teeth from this head [or better yet acquire the master mold of the original proto sculpt] and make their own likeness.

1726774297177.png
1726774581980.png
1726774325507.png

1726774912301.png

It's quite amusing seeing the lost boys figure video and seeing this and realising we're being screwed on the price.

Looks pretty close to the proto
I agree with the first part.
Hmm, the more I see of this thing, the more I'm disliking it. For me it's giving off Barbie levels of quality. The hands are nice though.
100% agree mate, this one is disappointing me more and more as I see the figure.
Such a shame, the proto was great and David proves they can deliver.
Hair looks better now, but I'm still struggling to see the likeness.
1726775884710.png

Back