Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many people these days think they are entitled to things, has made Spook less fun for me over the years. I will still chat with everyone after work hours and participate in the contests as much as possible because I want to win but it has lost its luster.

I will of course be happy to join the losers club again this year cause let's be honest that is actually the best part of Spook, hanging out in that thread.

win or lose its fun to come to these boards whenever I get a free moment and late at night to talk to like minded individuals. Love spooktakular! looking forward to another good one with all you guys :)

Too many people these days think they are entitled to things, has made Spook less fun for me over the years. I will still chat with everyone after work hours and participate in the contests as much as possible because I want to win but it has lost its luster.

I will of course be happy to join the losers club again this year cause let's be honest that is actually the best part of Spook, hanging out in that thread.

While a prize would be nice, I'll admit this is the only reason why I'm even participating this year. I didn't even care last year that I didn't win ____, but it bugged the hell out of me that douchebags like "R" won without even really trying vs. others, that actually collect Sideshow products, who were busting their ass to get nothing. I won't name names either, but I noticed that even several freaks would show up for giveaways in chat, and then bail right after the contest was over. That happened more last year than any other year and kinda made the Spook experience lose a bunch of luster it's had previous years.

While a prize would be nice, I'll admit this is the only reason why I'm even participating this year. I didn't even care last year that I didn't win ____, but it bugged the hell out of me that douchebags like "R" won without even really trying vs. others, that actually collect Sideshow products, who were busting their ass to get nothing. I won't name names either, but I noticed that even several freaks would show up for giveaways in chat, and then bail right after the contest was over. That happened more last year than any other year and kinda made the Spook experience lose a bunch of luster it's had previous years.

agreed. Chat is nice when I can swing it but these boards rock! theres almost Always someone posting here

I noticed this as well. I rarely go into chat for contests now because it is just ridiculous. Way too many people these days. I would rather just chat with freaks either here or in our own chat.

:lecture:lecture I honestly don't even want to participate this year because of the issues from 2010.

It's nice to have low expectations, this is my first one, and I'm having a good time, not too concerned about winning anything, but its fun to try.

It's nice to have low expectations, this is my first one, and I'm having a good time, not too concerned about winning anything, but its fun to try.

yea winning is a bonus but the real fun is the late night discussions, product releases, and general spooky fun

Yeah, winning is always great but for the most part I have fun just lurking and seeing how everyone approaches things.

I noticed that even several freaks would show up for giveaways in chat, and then bail right after the contest was over. That happened more last year than any other year and kinda made the Spook experience lose a bunch of luster it's had previous years.
Yeah, that's true. I wish they wouldn't announce times for chat contests. Just do them at random times. The true diehard Sideshow fans will be there. And hopefully others will stay in chat longer, instead of only going at announced contest times.

UTtoyfan, PM me with your shipping info and I'll get your sticker right out to you! :)

I also wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has helped support the National Canine Cancer Foundation. We've raised $22 so far not including any donations made by Paypal, so that's really great, plus I'll be matching whatever the total raised is at the end of Spooktacular.

There are still a few Canine Cancer stickers left if anyone else wants one, here's what they look like:
mortsupport.jpg

These stickers are totally free, just PM me with your shipping info, though I would ask that if you get one you'll consider making a donation to the National Canine Cancer Foundation or at least help to spread the word about the National Canine Cancer Foundation and the work they are doing.

Donations to the National Canine Cancer Foundation can be made by credit card, check or money order: https://www.wearethecure.org/friends/moira or if you'd prefer to donate by Paypal you can do so here: https://wearethecure.org/giving/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=11

I don't want a sticker, but I will donate to the good cause. Bumping so more people can see the link.

I don't know if there is much difference between the people whining about not winning a prize, and the people whining about the people whining about not getting a prize. :dunno

So I guess you were one of the whiners crying about Chicky picking a winner early. :lol

Back