Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does it help SSC to have a lot of REGs just sitting in their warehouse collecting dust?

Because they will eventually sell. They are taking away the flipper market and putting that money in their own pocket.

E.g. If SideShow made 3,000 Diablo 3 Overthrown they'd have taken a year or more longer to sell out but they would have sold out. And the statue would not currently be going for $600+ but much less on the second hand market

Because they will eventually sell. They are taking away the flipper market and putting that money in their own pocket.

E.g. If SideShow made 3,000 Diablo 3 Overthrown they'd have taken a year or more longer to sell out but they would have sold out. And the statue would not currently be going for $600+ but much less on the second hand market

That's what they have revisits for. What's to stop them from making more statues of the same character? No company wants to see its merch sitting around. You can kill aftermarket value on any statue with a revisit of the character. It just better look as good or better than the original release. There is no need to have thousands of unsold statues in a warehouse for years until or even if it sells out. The Marvel line is not as bad as the DC line. The ES in the DC line is where SSC is really pushing the envelope. As I have said before, it will be interesting to see just how this business strategy plays out for them. If this strategy was a slam dunk, they would have rolled it out years ago. I still think they are testing the waters and taking a calculated risk.

Last edited:
That's what they have revisits for. What's to stop them from making more statues of the same character? No company wants to see its merch sitting around. You can kill aftermarket value on any statue with a revisit of the character. It just better look as good or better than the original release. There is no need to have thousands of unsold statues in a warehouse for years until or even if it sells out. The Marvel line is not as bad as the DC line. The ES in the DC line is where SSC is really pushing the envelope. As I have said before, it will be interesting to see just how this business strategy plays out for them. If this strategy was a slam dunk, they would have rolled it out years ago. I still think they are testing the waters and taking a calculated risk.

:goodpost: yep well said. SS ES is :monkey1

I dunno if it's casuality or not, but now if you search it appears without changing anything.

BTW he's limited to 2500

I dunno if it's casuality or not, but now if you search it appears without changing anything.

BTW he's limited to 2500

My guess would be that the have 30 or less of the Ex left to sell SO they are NOW willing to advertise the regular following their "lets put it on a wait list so the fence sitters jump in" move. It is a guess, but it kind of looks like it. The same thing is STILL going on with GL.

I'm afraid that this is going to be the norm now for this hobby with these huge ES. Just a sign of the times in our hobby. I can't see them turning back now. The only thing that's good about the now bloated ES. It makes the older stuff that much more appetizing for an ES stand point.

I'm afraid that this is going to be the norm now for this hobby with these huge ES. Just a sign of the times in our hobby. I can't see them turning back now. The only thing that's good about the now bloated ES. It makes the older stuff that much more appetizing for an ES stand point.

When I buy a statue there is a lot more than the statue itself that I want. I want an excitement of owning that piece and I want to be proud of owning it, a great sculpt with low/reasonable ES and high quality control will satisfy those feelings. Sideshow is no longer can satisfy those feelings with their super high ES/open ES.

I am proud of owning Optimus Prime Maquette, Predator Maquette, Skaar PF EX because they have a great sculpt with a reasonable low ES for both EX and Regular and Sideshow put the ES up front when their were up for order. As a result they were sold out in a short/reasonable period of time, and if you ever NEED to sell them for whatever reasons, you do not have to sell a lot lower than what you paid for and most likely you will get more. To me that is a sign of a HEALTHY Collectible. Those reasons are why I don't mind spending thousands of dollars buying collectibles. Sadly Sideshow is taking away that pride from me with their new statues, maybe that will not be a bad thing cause I could save more money by not buying their products as I used to :monkey1

When I buy a statue there is a lot more than the statue itself that I want. I want an excitement of owning that piece and I want to be proud of owning it, a great sculpt with low/reasonable ES and high quality control will satisfy those feelings. Sideshow is no longer can satisfy those feelings with their super high ES/open ES.

I am proud of owning Optimus Prime Maquette, Predator Maquette, Skaar PF EX because they have a great sculpt with a reasonable low ES for both EX and Regular and Sideshow put the ES up front when their were up for order. As a result they were sold out in a short/reasonable period of time, and if you ever NEED to sell them for whatever reasons, you do not have to sell a lot lower than what you paid for and most likely you will get more. To me that is a sign of a HEALTHY Collectible. Those reasons are why I don't mind spending thousands of dollars buying collectibles. Sadly Sideshow is taking away that pride from me with their new statues, maybe that will not be a bad thing cause I could save more money by not buying their products as I used to :monkey1

:exactly:
Brother, you are speaking for me in every word that you posted in bold. That was the reason that I started in this hobby coming over from the sports figurine market. Rarity! The reason that I didn't make another copy of my Heisman Deadpool. Rarity! I know that I could have made $1000's of dollars off that commission, but I love rare stuff and that why I fell in love with this statue hobby in the first place. What really get's me is that my all time favorite characters are the ones that are going to get these new bloated ES's.

Deadpool, Apocalypse, Omega Red, Sinister, Juggernaut & Archangel...:(

Long gone are the days of me buying statue just to buy them.

:exactly:
Brother, you are speaking for me in every word that you posted in bold. That was the reason that I started in this hobby coming over from the sports figurine market. Rarity! The reason that I didn't make another copy of my Heisman Deadpool. Rarity! I know that I could have made $1000's of dollars off that commission, but I love rare stuff and that why I fell in love with this statue hobby in the first place. What really get's me is that my all time favorite characters are the ones that are going to get these new bloated ES's.

Deadpool, Apocalypse, Omega Red, Sinister, Juggernaut & Archangel...:(

Long gone are the days of me buying statue just to buy them.

if they're your favorite characters, then what does it matter? :dunno

if they're your favorite characters, then what does it matter? :dunno

This is the reason why I collect, to have characters I actually like. I passed on some good looking statues because the character didn't mean too much to me regardless of the ES. For once I actually agree with Ink.

But people have many reasons for collecting. To many the character doesn't matter as much. If it looks cool and/or is rare, that's enough for them.

If the next Sideshow Spider-Man has an ES of Gigantic he's still my favorite character ever so I will buy anyway. But I still understand the feeling of not wanting thousands of something you like out there, especially for the money being paid.

This is the reason why I collect, to have characters I actually like. I passed on some good looking statues because the character didn't mean too much to me regardless of the ES. For once I actually agree with Ink.

But people have many reasons for collecting. To many the character doesn't matter as much. If it looks cool and/or is rare, that's enough for them.

If the next Sideshow Spider-Man has an ES of Gigantic he's still my favorite character ever so I will buy anyway. But I still understand the feeling of not wanting thousands of something you like out there, especially for the money being paid.

Trust me, if there were a 5000 ES for the original Hulk PF, 2000 ES for the original EX Doom PF, or a 2500 ES for the original EX Cap PF, he would be singing a different tune. Ink has teased and joked with many about how great those pieces are and has laughed openly at people who want them and can't afford them. The reason he can gloat is because of the low edition sizes of those pieces. You can't have it both ways

Last edited:
Trust me, if there were a 5000 ES for the original Hulk PF, 2000 ES for the original EX Doom PF, or a 2500 ES for the original EX Cap PF, he would be singing a different tune. Ink has teased and joked with many about how great those pieces are and has laughed openly at people who want them and can't afford them. The reason he can gloat is because of the erythromycin low edition sizes of those pieces. You can't have it both ways

:rotfl :exactly: you, IL and I are on the same page on this concerning and growing issue.

Sideshow needs to understand yes, they may attract new customers with their high ES strategy but they may also lose their existing customers. I know some people here may not care at all about the ES, but one I am sure will agree there is a different feeling when you buy a statue and that statue is sold out within a few hours than when you buy a statue and that statue is end up in stock on Sideshow's site months after months, years after years with a gift card eligible or free shipping (sadly this could happen even with their best products like Batman PF).

Btw 2500 ES regular for Deadpool is A LOT, Deadpool is not even the most popular character in the marvel line and most people like the chicken so what makes Sideshow to put 2500 ES for the regular?

:rotfl :exactly: you, IL and I are on the same page on this concerning and growing issue.

Sideshow needs to understand yes, they may attract new customers with their high ES strategy but they may also lose their existing customers. I know some people here may not care at all about the ES, but one I am sure will agree there is a different feeling when you buy a statue and that statue is sold out within a few hours than when you buy a statue and that statue is end up in stock on Sideshow's site months after months, years after years with a gift card eligible or free shipping (sadly this could happen even with their best products like Batman PF).

Btw 2500 ES regular for Deadpool is A LOT, Deadpool is not even the most popular character in the marvel line and most people like the chicken so what makes Sideshow to put 2500 ES for the regular?

:rotfl please add me to the big ES haters lists. I've been voicing my concerns too!

soon excitement will be lost in this hobby if SS continue with big ES & Open ES. i will not be in hurry to order statue on 1st day. if ES is going to be big. even Deadpool Ex sold out i m sure there will be huge conversions to wait-listers. regular will be in-stock for many months.............. :(

soon excitement will be lost in this hobby if SS continue with big ES & Open ES. i will not be in hurry to order statue on 1st day. if ES is going to be big. even Deadpool Ex sold out i m sure there will be huge conversions to wait-listers. regular will be in-stock for many months.............. :(

Yes then we will get even bigger ES later on if these sell out :monkey1

I would buy an AWESOME looking Spiderman PF even if the ES was
20 000, but I would also understand that the price would not go up. I do understand that it can't work both ways and I get the complaints. We will see if this new model works with Batman if the reg is still for sale at SSC this time in 2013 or 2014. If they can't sell them they will go back to the old ways

Back