Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader in his new home.

Newest Star Wars 1/6th, meets the oldest Sideshow1/6th.

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

And the Emperor just looks bored.
Love it, you just need the window with star field and no waist coat on Luke, vaders going to make me retire my royal guard again, he is going to stand behind the emperor and throne

Last edited:
Really sucks to hear about all these broken tusks. In hand I can see how easy they would be to break if not careful, but I can't see how they would have broken in transit given the packaging. They must have been broken when put in the box which is pretty shoddy.

My Vader came with a pretty tattered cape, but Sideshow is replacing it. I would check that right away when you get your Vaders.

11924763185_48ae315806_b.jpg
Hmm, I'm no expert, but how clean should we be expecting the cut to be on an unhemmed cape? Won't they all look like that pretty much out of the box or after a while on display?

I have a feeling what they are doing more of now is laser cutting the material which usually melts the ends together giving you a stable edge without needing to fold and sew. I know I have seen several of the shirts made this way. Could be the case here and the edges didn't melt well enough. Just a guess.
Hmm, I'm no expert, but how clean should we be expecting the cut to be on an unhemmed cape? Won't they all look like that pretty much out of the box or after a while on display?

My Vader came with a pretty tattered cape, but Sideshow is replacing it. I would check that right away when you get your Vaders.

11924763185_48ae315806_b.jpg

I have a feeling what they are doing more of now is laser cutting the material which usually melts the ends together giving you a stable edge without needing to fold and sew. I know I have seen several of the shirts made this way. Could be the case here and the edges didn't melt well enough. Just a guess.
Thanks for that, Robbie. Laser cutting totally makes sense for making a clean, unhemmed cape. Not something I'd have thought of.

Hmmmmm... laser versus 12-year-old Taiwanese girl with scissors making 12 cents a day?
Damn you, Wor-Gar!

Also if you look at the inside robe, it's a straight clean cut edge. Only the cape is a mess. Either way, Sideshow is replacing the cape for me. Thank goodness.

Been spending some time getting the right pose for this guy and I can say I finally found one he looks good from every angle, undecided about the dome still though may still find a hasbro to swap too just for that extra size.

So who to pose with, bounty hunters, emp or bespin or Jedi Luke

Just received mine here in Australia! As my first 1/6th scale Vader, I have to say I'm pretty amazed by it just in the box!! LOL!! But will carefully check it over once the kids are in bed! :)

Been spending some time getting the right pose for this guy and I can say I finally found one he looks good from every angle, undecided about the dome still though may still find a hasbro to swap too just for that extra size.

So who to pose with, bounty hunters, emp or bespin or Jedi Luke

That's pretty much my dilemma. Hopefully I can pick up a reg at a good price down the track and do verses Bespin Luke and with the bounty hunters. Would love to see a pic of your pose.

Back