1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back , SSC said they were working on Destro in two different formats. I'd guess that the second one was a PF which will likely never see daylight, and that it would have been closely based on the 1982 design and not sporting a vest, overcoat, or a riveted head.

The Snake Eyes statue's design versus that of the 1:6 figure was the most blatant example of SSC essentially sabotaging their own action figure line, but it was also present in the silliest instances (like getting the Crimson Guard helmet's paint apps correct on the Cobra Throne Room diorama but wrong on the 1:6 figure).

I wouldn't mind seeing Asmus get the 1:6 line if it becomes available. They took over LotR and deliberately avoided re-doing the figures already covered by SSC among their initial releases. They also make a lot of effort to stay as close as possible to the source material, show their designs early in the process, and respond to fan critiques.
Yeah, this bugged me about the Flint/Zartan diorama. The Zartan there was perfect! I like the 1/6 version a lot, but had to mod it to get it a bit closer to the statue version, in terms of the hood and color of his armor.

Yeah, this bugged me about the Flint/Zartan diorama. The Zartan there was perfect! I like the 1/6 version a lot, but had to mod it to get it a bit closer to the statue version, in terms of the hood and color of his armor.

Yup, that Zartan was spot on. Instead we got Zartan with bulky Predator Armor.

That was a (hyperbole) a slap in the face to 1/6 collectors. How is the original design acceptable for a statue but needs to be re-imaged for the 1/6 line?

Its all wasted breathe now, but I can't help but imagine how successful this line could have been if they would have come right out of the gate with true to RAH design and went all in.

That was a (hyperbole) a slap in the face to 1/6 collectors. How is the original design acceptable for a statue but needs to be re-imaged for the 1/6 line?

Its all wasted breathe now, but I can't help but imagine how successful this line could have been if they would have come right out of the gate with true to RAH design and went all in.

I'll never get some of the decisions Sideshow makes... Zartan is a great example, or a tech-vest for Destro; just weird and so left field :lol

I guess on the plus side at least the Joe's got a nice mixture of good and bad, with LOTR we didn't get a single bad guy (well kind of with Boromir) and not even a complete fellowship. I could have lived without Merry or Pippen, but no Gimli?!? WTF?!?

And they should have released a Medieval Kurgan :lecture

I'll never get some of the decisions Sideshow makes... Zartan is a great example, or a tech-vest for Destro; just weird and so left field :lol

I guess on the plus side at least the Joe's got a nice mixture of good and bad, with LOTR we didn't get a single bad guy (well kind of with Boromir) and not even a complete fellowship. I could have lived without Merry or Pippen, but no Gimli?!? WTF?!?

Salt in the wound. Salt in the wound. :( :lol

Yeah, Joe got a lot more love than many many of Sideshows other failed lines :lol

karamazov80 sucks

:lol :lol :lol

Salt in the wound. Salt in the wound. :( :lol

Is salt in the wound better than a kick in the nuts?

Did SSC or anyone in some authority actually provide any explanation? Otherwise this is all conjecture.

And I'll also express my disappointment. I thought the Dreadnaughts, Scarlett, and Gung Ho were an easy lock. I was hoping for the Twins and Mindbender.
Yes and No. one comment on the QnA boards that they wouldn't have any new figures at SDCC this year for joe, which was later clarified that they don't have any of the new figures ready yet, but hope to have them ready for next year led to this sky is falling insanity. Hisstank mods are the first ones to use the word "on hold" or "hiatus", NOT sideshow.

worth noting that DC had no presence at SDCC a year after they were announced, and everyone started dooming and glooming over those too. Or that one year sideshow had no new star wars, only recent and pending releases ( was that last year? or the year before or the year beofre? I forget) and everyone thougth that meant sideshow was stopping SW 1/6th and giving it to hot toys.

Same old song and dance.

Just gonna say it again. Sideshow of today is NOT sideshow of old.

Yes and No. one comment on the QnA boards that they wouldn't have any new figures at SDCC this year for joe, which was later clarified that they don't have any of the new figures ready yet, but hope to have them ready for next year led to this sky is falling insanity. Hisstank mods are the first ones to use the word "on hold" or "hiatus", NOT sideshow.

worth noting that DC had no presence at SDCC a year after they were announced, and everyone started dooming and glooming over those too. Or that one year sideshow had no new star wars, only recent and pending releases ( was that last year? or the year before or the year beofre? I forget) and everyone thougth that meant sideshow was stopping SW 1/6th and giving it to hot toys.

Same old song and dance.

Just gonna say it again. Sideshow of today is NOT sideshow of old.

A simple message from a Sideshow Rep (that's in the know) would put an end to all of this "Hey Guys,our 1/6 GI Joe line isn't done yet,look for new figures in 2015"

It's just that Simple.

Not you exactly (I was using your sarcasm to make a point) more at guys like Lerath who still think everyone just thinks the sky is falling. It's over for Joe, people. Accept it.

Back