Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has that worked yet? Could this be the first? Man... the suspense...

Doubtful... It's an idea that only works if there is strict control over the assembly and someone actually cares if the eyes are lined up. Whereas some will likely look just fine, there is so much variation that it's easy to get a figure with misalinged eye or gapping between the eye and eyelid.

I assume it's somehow cheaper to produce... rather than have a paint job that take skill and as much masking, they can cast certain parts in color and add washes or layers of color to them. And with the eyes, they just apply the decal and pop it in.

In theory it should add some depth to the sculpt as well, but instead we get unsightly seams and gaps around the eyes that destroy the look.

I'd like to think it's to improve the quality, but I'm thinking it's a cost cutting measure... but either way it sucks ass.

I've been anticipating a complete thread meltdown if Han or Luke are Drake'd for months. :lol

It is really weird how the figure has been out for days and yet there are no pictures. Can't recall another anticipated figure where photos weren't up almost instantly on release.

I've been anticipating a complete thread meltdown if Han or Luke are Drake'd for months. :lol

It is really weird how the figure has been out for days and yet there are no pictures. Can't recall another anticipated figure where photos weren't up almost instantly on release.

That is what is so bizarre. I don't ever recall a figure of this type popularity taking more than a few hours from release. Very weird to say the least.

I don't expect it to look any different from the show pic above. That was a production or pre-production sample. . . so it's going to look just like that one.

I don't expect it to look any different from the show pic above. That was a production or pre-production sample. . . so it's going to look just like that one.

Tell that to Drake and Snake. :D

I'm sure this figure will be fine... to some. And as many have suggested, just put the hood up and the goggles on. :lol

Pre-Drake'd...

review_pamv_1.jpg

Tell that to Drake and Snake. :D

We never saw a pre-production Drake. . . and Snake at SDCC looked pretty much the same as what people got. People were complaining about how the jacket wasn't weathered back at SDCC.

It doesn't look very good at the show pic above, so I'm not expecting it to magically get better than that.

Back