Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han's blaster looks a little undersized (maybe due to oversized hands?) in the SSC pics - hope that's not the case when it arrives.

21342_press02.jpg

Tell me you guys aren't putting flour on your figures. Flour will rot and start to smell, even bugs will get into it. Shelf life of flour is 6-8 months when stored properly. Exposed it will last far shorter and your going to ruin your figures. Use chalk if your going to do that or something that doesn't rot. I'm always amazed people spend $200+ on a figure and just do stuff to them. It's fine if you don't care about value but man I just could never do that. At some point your probably going to want to sell stuff even if it's 50 years down the road. A figure covered in rotten flour...LoL, I don't know...

Oh well, not my issue :p

Tell me you guys aren't putting flour on your figures. Flour will rot and start to smell, even bugs will get into it. Shelf life of flour is 6-8 months when stored properly. Exposed it will last far shorter and your going to ruin your figures. Use chalk if your going to do that or something that doesn't rot. I'm always amazed people spend $200+ on a figure and just do stuff to them. It's fine if you don't care about value but man I just could never do that. At some point your probably going to want to sell stuff even if it's 50 years down the road. A figure covered in rotten flour...LoL, I don't know...

Oh well, not my issue :p

Ooooooooooooh, so boned.

Han's blaster looks a little undersized (maybe due to oversized hands?) in the SSC pics - hope that's not the case when it arrives.

Sideshow's blaster looks too short in the barrel. The silver part is too close to the magazine box, so there's no exposed Mauser barrel.

Han-Solo-in-Empire-Strikes-Back-Movie-Screenshot.jpg

21342_press02.jpg

I really hope paramoremcr88 and/or James the Cat will be making a youtube video review of this figure. I always feel videos give you a better feel for the figure than just pics.

I've realized those who ordered from Sideshow (like me) could be waiting another several weeks for this.

Could just be the angle. It looks right in the old prototype shots.

Yeah, also the sculpt of the hand might be making the hand seem wider than it is. The blaster in the proto pics did seem the right size. The snowtrooper has really noticeable oven mitts and I thought maybe Han was the same.

Man, missed a lot in the last few days. Just skimmed around and it looks like we're ok! We're ok, right??? Please say we're ok

Aside from him looking a little wide eyed, the only big disappointment I see us the fur on the hood. Not nearly as nice as the proto was. But Ford has big irises and hooded eyes so I don't see a big issue in those departments.

:dunno

I'll just use the spare blaster from Bespin Luke DX. Great weathering effects the last few pages back JT Cat.

Sideshow's Bespin Han blaster seems to be more accurate than their Hoth version (and more accurate than HT Luke's).

These are some good reference shots of the ESB blaster:

Dec 24, 2013 by B. Alan Orange
The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi sold at auction this past Saturday, with the winning bidder taking home the coveted prop for only $200,000.
This screen used blaster was sold through auction house Profiles in History, which had the prop listed as 'invaluable', meaning no price could be put on such a rich piece of cinematic history (that obviously wasn't the case). The DL-44 Blaster is modeled after the World War II German Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol without its shoulder stock. This particular laser pistol replaced the one used in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. It is not known where the screen used A New Hope pistol is, but many believe it was lost after production.

Here are photos and the descript of the blaster.

[h=3]379. Harrison Ford "Han Solo" non-firing DL-44 Blaster from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. (TCF, 1980, 1983)
PHc9eKmDCKM2fj_2_m.jpg

PHH7UgEUj9lYLJ_1_m.jpg

PH7FCRHTac1oae_1_m.jpg

PHbagx6frx5Kdk_1_m.jpg

"Harrison Ford's charismatic smuggler, Han Solo, is arguably the most popular character in the original Star Wars trilogy. The space-scoundrel-turned hero's persona is irrevocably tied to his blaster pistol. Solo was modeled after the rogue gunslingers of the westerns that influenced creator George Lucas. This non-firing blaster was created for Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and was also used in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. It would have been used in the majority of scenes that feature Han, with the heavier, live-fire weapon being used for close-up shots. Particularly noteworthy scenes requiring this lighter version are when Darth Vader uses the Force to lasso the blaster out of Han's hand in Empire, and in Jedi when Han wrestles with a Stormtrooper to regain possession of his blaster during the Rebels' encounter with Imperial forces on Endor.

Based on the German issue Mauser C96 pistol, this piece, measuring 11 in. long, was custom made for the film from resin by casting the original hero prop from the first Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, it therefore exhibits the same serial number as the hero prop, which is thought to no longer exist. The blaster is exactly in its original filming condition and therefore exhibits wear from use, but retains all of the original details, including the flash suppressor and scope (the eye-piece of which is detailed with reflective scotch-lite tape). The added distinction of this particular piece is that it was also likely used by Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, as both characters shared the same style of weapon in Empire. Accompanied by a letter of authenticity from a noted Star Wars collector. To our knowledge this is the only known example of this type of blaster in private hands. This is a truly incredible item of motion picture history and quite possibly the most exciting science fiction weapon to have been offered for public auction.
[/h]

https://www.movieweb.com/han-solos-empire-jedi-blaster-sells-for-200000

Could just be the angle. It looks right in the old prototype shots.

You're right, there is a bit more barrel showing in other photos of the production figure:

21342_press08.jpg

2134_press03.jpg

In the photo of the figure kneeling by the rocks it looks very strange. As though they pushed the silver part on too far. :dunno

Back