Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That photo does look good. Looks like you also disguised the Tauntaun's seam with the reins.

Using flour though...

Han's expression doesn't say fun guy at the moment, but in a few months he might be nothing but fungi. :horror

That photo does look good. Looks like you also disguised the Tauntaun's seam with the reins.

Using flour though...

Han's expression doesn't say fun guy at the moment, but in a few months he might be nothing but fungi. :horror

1ee3df42e45428ee138ae7af5c139b70620d225b01185f7751e6b6e1dfa64b60.jpg

As I mentioned, just pick up some white Fuller's earth. There are a few other good snow methods as well. And a few ways to make the coat look heavier/damp.

Man, even from a distance the narrowed eyes look so much better. And also more accurate, since, you know, Han kinda should be squinting a bit with all the blinding snow and everything.

Production:

21342_press08.jpg

news_140109_sideshow_hanbluebrown.jpg

The tailoring isn't as nice as in the prototype. It's much more bulky and he looks like a stuffed sausage. It could be that they had to make the coat a bit bigger to allow the Bespin jacket to fit underneath. I hope it's something that can be futzed away.

Looking at those photos I'm thinking the opposite.

The shoulders look better on the production. On the proto it looks like there's too much material which bags out and folds back in as it comes down the arm.

The filling out could well be down to the addition of the extra jacket underneath.

Production:

21342_press08.jpg

The shoulders look better on the production. On the proto it looks like there's too much material which bags out and folds back in as it comes down the arm.

The filling out could well be down to the addition of the extra jacket underneath.

I agree the shoulders are better, but the sleeves and chest/torso area look too bulky, IMO. I'm hoping it's futzable.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... I really like how the final outfit turned out. And most of the sculpt and paint is solid... just don't like the 1,000 mile stare he's got :lol

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... I really like how the final outfit turned out. And most of the sculpt and paint is solid... just don't like the 1,000 mile stare he's got :lol

:goodpost:

The eyes are fixable depending how you display him. The peak of the cap ought to create a natural shadow as long as you don't shine a light in his face.

The only other thing I don't like is the length of the leg strap for the holster. It's as though they over-compensated for the thickness of the trousers.

But this should be a simple fix. Cut a piece off the strap and re-glue the magnet on the new end. (On second thoughts that might not be a magnet).

Back