Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talk to the guys on DC forum about getting a figure that matches what was seen on screen, not necessarily what's accurate off screen. Now that'd be a conversation i'd like to see! Particularly Heath Ledger's Joker's costume debate.

There's a debate over Joker's costume color? I always thought it was purple.

If you get the brown, wet it, and display it with blue tinted lights, see what color the coat looks. Then you folks should have your answer.

People buy what they like. Put the nail in coffin for this debate now please.

han-solo-funny-star-wars.gif

If you get the brown, wet it, and display it with blue tinted lights, see what color the coat looks. Then you folks should have your answer.

People buy what they like. Put the nail in this debate now please.

han-solo-funny-star-wars.gif

There's a separate thread with a poll to discuss the coat color. I'm sure everybody will stop debating the coat color in this thread and go over there to discuss that(lol).

So, is everybody excited about Hoth Han? I've been wanting this figure since the line was first announced and I was just out of high school. Back then, it was a huge struggle for me to get the money together to buy the $60 figures like Jedi Luke. The line has really come a long way.

ESB is my favorite movie from the OT and I'm totally stoked that we finally got both Hoth Han & Luke and they look great!

:rock :yess:

Now where's Hoth Leia? :impatient:

:goodpost:

I love seeing releases from this film-- and while I'd love a Hoth Leia, I'd really like a Bespin Leia (wearing the white from Hoth, not the dress). I need someone to pose with Lando. :pray:

image.jpg

Here is another good non film filtered picture..you can clearly see the brown belt and Leia's brown hair exactly matching the brown Hot Han parka.. Or not

Ok, another one. Photoshop comparison of interior shots between the parka vs a blue thing (the jacket) and a brown thing (Chewbacca).
For each one i picked up randomly a color in plain light, a medium tone and a dark shade:
coatmix_zps6562f336.jpg

And these are the colors identified by PS with Pantone bridge cmyk EC:
1 447 EC
2 Process Black EC
3 426 EC
4 439 EC
5 419 EC
6 426 EC
7 black 7 EC
8 438 EC
9 black EC
10 447 EC
11 black EC
12 419 EC
13 cool gray 10 EC
14 process black EC
15 426 EC
16 5285 EC
17 432 EC
18 419 EC

The only colors definitely brown are 4 (the parka in plain light) and 8 (Chewbacca brownish fur), the only colors definitely blue are 16 and 17 (Bespin jacket in plain light and medium). All the rest are more or less shades of grey. Even poor Chewie in the second shot.

:yess:

What about how we are the wisest and fairest of all beings?

Are we allowed to say that in public?

So, is everybody excited about Hoth Han? I've been wanting this figure since the line was first announced and I was just out of high school. Back then, it was a huge struggle for me to get the money together to buy the $60 figures like Jedi Luke. The line has really come a long way.

He and Luke were my favorite figures back then (until Yoda happened). Christmas 1980 was my second Star Wars Christmas, and school vacation had lots of snow.

There's a separate thread with a poll to discuss the coat color. I'm sure everybody will stop debating the coat color in this thread and go over there to discuss that(lol).

And now we're back to the blue/brown debate. :lol

I'm looking forward to this. I didn't order Luke (yet), but definitely getting Han.

Ok, another one. Photoshop comparison of interior shots between the parka vs a blue thing (the jacket) and a brown thing (Chewbacca).
For each one i picked up randomly a color in plain light, a medium tone and a dark shade:
coatmix_zps6562f336.jpg

And these are the colors identified by PS with Pantone bridge cmyk EC:
1 447 EC
2 Process Black EC
3 426 EC
4 439 EC
5 419 EC
6 426 EC
7 black 7 EC
8 438 EC
9 black EC
10 447 EC
11 black EC
12 419 EC
13 cool gray 10 EC
14 process black EC
15 426 EC
16 5285 EC
17 432 EC
18 419 EC

The only colors definitely brown are 4 (the parka in plain light) and 8 (Chewbacca brownish fur), the only colors definitely blue are 16 and 17 (Bespin jacket in plain light and medium). All the rest are more or less shades of grey. Even poor Chewie in the second shot.

:yess:

images

Back