SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

What a bunch of aholes!! Hiding it in the middle of the paragraph like that. :mad:

tell me about it, i actually missed it also the first couple of times i looked at it on the ss site.

usually they have it high lighted that it lights up, as with an ex. version, but since both have the light up feature, i guess that's why they didn't make it bold print.:cool::cool:

Don't they? I haven't noticed their absents. Besides, even if they are not visually here, you can bet your life on it they do come here to read. This board is the best market research tool they have at their disposition, and it's completely free too!!!!! Other companies pay tens of thousands to get this kind of information you know. SSC would be foolish to not use the info here, no matter how much love or hate they get.

yeah and if they don't get at least 10% of the people saying it looks like sht, i'm sure the market research will tell them to mess it up some.:lol:lol:lol

just shows you can't please all the people all the time. and NO the consumer isn't always right.

15 hours later and Ex. still up for order.

due to high ES? or high retail cost? I wonder.

15 hours later and Ex. still up for order.

due to high ES? or high retail cost? I wonder.

if ss already has a preset es in mind of say close to savage vs scar, then this will be up for order for quite awhile, imo.

sht with the stock market going up and down like a bouncy ball, each time bouncing up lower than the last time. i think alot of people aren't going to spend $400 on a statue anymore. just like most of ss previous preorders and orders that are coming in like rogue, with an es of 2500:horror ss will have to give these away as door stops to have any hope of getting rid of them.

i predict that ss is going to have most of their new releases and recent po's on second chance for sometime unfortunately.:(
there is going to be some great deals on the secondary market though. for those that can afford and have the room to store multiples, for down the road a few years

tell me about it, i actually missed it also the first couple of times i looked at it on the ss site.

usually they have it high lighted that it lights up, as with an ex. version, but since both have the light up feature, i guess that's why they didn't make it bold print.:cool::cool:

The preview picture looked like it lit up from the very beginning. I never had any doubt it was going to light up.

15 hours later and Ex. still up for order. Due to high ES? or high retail cost? I wonder.

Both. Iron Man stuff has notoriously sold well for SSC. The last 1/4 Scale piece before the Classic Iron Man was the Stealth which sold out in mere minutes. After all of the complaining after that, SSC naturally bumped Iron Man Edition Sizes to compensate and also earn more money. The problem is that the economy took a tank and the two pieces while impressive in their own rights didn't exactly blow people away like probably was hoped. So people are more willing to pass on a piece they just like but not love for $400 while if it were half that or if the economy was on an amazing upswing it'd be a different story.

Both. Iron Man stuff has notoriously sold well for SSC.

Thats why the recent busts are on the GC? The IM bubble has popped. Esp when it comes to "movie versions".

400 is high for this piece…this will be available for a long time to come on second chance once its released.

Although it pains me to say this since I love me some 1/4 scale, the hot toys 12"er looks more accurate. I still ordered this but I'm rethinking my decision to cancel the Hot Toys Mark 1. Could be the angle but the head looks elongated or thin where I expected it to look more stubby. And I thought you weren't supposed to see his neck when looking straight on? The arms sticking away from the body also doesn't look right like some have mentioned but that also may be because of the angle of the picture. I don't have a problem with the likeness, I see RDJr in there and like others have mentioned he would look raggedy after working in a cave.

iron-man-grey-armor.jpg

iron-man-robert-downey-jr-1.jpg

This will be the next Scout Trooper. Everyone will cancel due to the high edition and cost. And be the time this ships will be hearing the classic "Had to cancel, too much stuff coming, and too much better stuff out there."

Sad to say, but this was an easy pass for me. $400 for this is too much IMO, grantedthere is a TON of detail in it. But the Tony Stark face looks rough! He looks really run down!

come time to ship, i'm thinking alot of people will be off the bus for this one, for no other reason than the cost and the economy.

sad to say but true. second chance here we come.:banana:banana:banana

The only things that could save the statue are actually using RDJ face(the one shown clearly isnt him) and a low edition size. JMO

The edition size will not be that low, its an Iron Man product and up until the last two have been sell outs with the ES increasing each time.

I never intended to own a Mark 1 comiquette, maquette or premium format. But, looking at the piece SSC delivered here, it clearly lacks something. Call it "life", or "spark" or something. The proportions are good (well there is this strange gap under the right arm...), the detail is there, even the portrait, if not a 100% Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, it still is very expressive. But, where is the drama? One could think this is a dummy waring the armor. Boring pose, there's no life, there's no drama.

Didn't the SSC creative team have enough time (time = money) to do a proper finishing off? Or were they just satisfied to soon?

I am still not convinced that this movie will stand the test of time as a classic to spend big money on statues/items from it

Stand the test of time is subjective. For fans of Iron Man this is the first time we've seen our favorite hero on screen. It'll stick in the minds of those individuals the same way the George Reeves or Christopher Reeve did as Superman. No matter how many different incarnations of Superman there have been people always go back to the first one that they've connected with. Same is true for Bond, Batman, etc. Will it go down as one of the best films in the history of cinema? No. Will it leave a mark on Pop Culture that will endure far past its star's tenure as Tony Stark definitely. Iron Man is a hot property and the character which has endured decades of fandom will no doubt be reincarnated in time with a new person at the helm and a new face for Mr. Stark....these pieces will just be imprints in time for those who loved this version and be memories of what they didn't like for those who will take up with whatever comes down the line.

The exclusive just doesn't do it for me. For display purposes, I could never think of displaying it the way the exclusive is shown. You display Ironman as Ironman, not as Starks or RDJ. I'm seriously considering just getting the regular of this, which will be $20 cheaper, and might be even more discounted at some online stores offering it for pre-order.

On the plus side, I think this is an excellent sculpt with the mask on, and I think the pose is just about right, given the bulkiness of the Mark 1 armor. The light-up feature doesn't hurt as well. This will look good beside the Sideshow Ironman Comiquette and the Iron Man 1:1 Bust. I can't wait for the Ironman Mark 3 (movie version) to be announced.

Back