SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

After much thought, I have to say that this statue is not for me.

It looks okay, but not enough wow factor for me. Enjoy, those of you who are looking forward to this piece.

yeah, i think ss could've done something more with the pose, and maybe another light or two. it would of made more people more willing to fork over $400+ dollars.

112108imi09.jpg

That is huge!

yeah, i think ss could've done something more with the pose, and maybe another light or two. it would of made more people more willing to fork over $400+ dollars.

I agreed with you. $400+... just make you think twice. :D
I doubt a lot of ppl ordered this cos the ex is still available for grab. :monkey5

wow... STILL available...
i'm guessing the Ex ES is over a thousand...

they seriously messed this one up...

wow... STILL available...
i'm guessing the Ex ES is over a thousand...

they seriously messed this one up...

I think it'll be a large ES like most pieces have been lately, but I think the price tag scared away a lot of buyers too.

I think it'll be a large ES like most pieces have been lately, but I think the price tag scared away a lot of buyers too.

not only that, but this piece just didn't seem to have the hype after it was announced. look at the scar vs savage, and how much hype it had, compared to this piece, combined with the higher cost and "meh":lol stance, maybe, just maybe, we'll see a lower es.

if not then we may end up with another one of these releases where the ex. es is larger that the reg es:banghead

I'm really surprized that this thread is so ... civil! No cursing, accusing, blaming, flaming between those that like this Mark 1 maquette, and those that don't. This is so ... unreal! I wish all comparable threads could go in this manner... really.
Can't belive it.

I'll get this during next years spooktacular for cheap. :cool:

SS seems to have over reached with the price on this one and perhaps the edition size too.

i think the thread is civil cause almost everyone was a bit... "let down" by the final product
its a pitty really cause i really wanted this to be great, i cancelled the HT one cause i thought SS was making a dream piece here...

I'm really surprized that this thread is so ... civil! No cursing, accusing, blaming, flaming between those that like this Mark 1 maquette, and those that don't. This is so ... unreal! I wish all comparable threads could go in this manner... really.
Can't belive it.

That's because Quad and I are keeping things in line with our recent posts. :cool: :lol j/k

I'll get this during next years spooktacular for cheap. :cool:

SS seems to have over reached with the price on this one and perhaps the edition size too.

yeah but ss on the cheap is like 50% off shipping, or $25-$50 off retail.:eek: if you have a lcs that can't sell it, you'll find that they will give you alot better break on the price, though it may not be an ex version, since your lcs's don't get a discount on ex versions, only on reg.
that's usually why local retailers have a higher price on ex. versions than ss originally had on their website.

Sad to say, but this was an easy pass for me. $400 for this is too much IMO, grantedthere is a TON of detail in it. But the Tony Stark face looks rough! He looks really run down!

I took 15-20 years off him. :D

Before: (Pic posted by Faken at SF)
IM_Old.jpg

After (My PS):
IM_Revised.jpg

It's not the likeness that bothers me. It's his right arm that anatomically isn't even possible to be out where it is. And looking at the photos and how much the helmet should be lowered into his shoulders. Those raised pieces or iron on his shoulders should be all the way up by his ears.

It's not the likeness that bothers me. It's his right arm that anatomically isn't even possible to be out where it is. And looking at the photos and how much the helmet should be lowered into his shoulders. Those raised pieces or iron on his shoulders should be all the way up by his ears.

His neck and head are too big.

i think the thread is civil cause almost everyone was a bit... "let down" by the final product
its a pitty really cause i really wanted this to be great, i cancelled the HT one cause i thought SS was making a dream piece here...

Why not get them both, I mean to me it's not even the same figure because one of them is a pose able 1/6 way smaller than 1/4 18 inch statue...

Get all three 1/6 Marks and pose them together, the rest will go with your PF collection and the Avengers! :rock

Back