Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idea of redoing venom s crazy. This line needs expansion, not reboots. What is this, the movies?

There is so much to be done with this line. I am disappointed there has been no further progress or news on releases. Where's doc Ock, Kraven, Mysterio, Goblin (Harry and Norman switch heads for EX), Scorpion, Sandman, Lizard, Electro? This is a gold mine of classic untapped villains. Rhino jut goes to show that when done right, even the less popular characters can earn you a dollar and make the fans happy. I'm confident few if any would count rhino on their top villain list yet look what a well constructed piece will do...bring the villains and the fans will come! I'll even buy vulture if done right!

Can't argue with pure logical wisdom. Well said sir. Great sculpts of iconic villain figures will sell every time. Let's hope Sideshow is listening, sooner than later.:slap

Venom is my all time favorite anti hero. I'd take him over rhino.

Rhino size is impressive, he basically fills out pax in depth wise. Gore group nailed venom perfectly.

Spidey comi
Venom
Carnage tendrils should have had magnets
Black cat
Hob goblin scale be damn
Rhino
Green goblin
Spidey pf

Comic lizard would be freaking amazing to see.

No. Not in my book. However, Rhino is an incredible piece. It doesn't miss by much. It's certainly the best Rhino statue I've seen.

filip629, why are you not getting this? A great !/4 scale total sculpt of a classic Spidey villain? Our dreams/hopes are finally coming true! Rhino would be the bulky/hulky villain representation for the Spidey series, besides a possible King Pin. A must for this series. Just feel you will regret passing up on this monster somewhere down the line.

menace.jpg

That's her, Menace was awesome.

We've had Green Goblin and Hobgoblin so Menace should be the next Goblin imo.

I am disappointed there has been no further progress or news on releases. Where's doc Ock, Kraven, Mysterio, Goblin (Harry and Norman switch heads for EX), Scorpion, Sandman, Lizard, Electro? This is a gold mine of classic untapped villains. Rhino jut goes to show that when done right, even the less popular characters can earn you a dollar and make the fans happy. I'm confident few if any would count rhino on their top villain list yet look what a well constructed piece will do...bring the villains and the fans will come! I'll even buy vulture if done right!

:goodpost: :clap :exactly:

Goblin has been done :rolleyes: (i would love a new GG though)

And you're right, Rhino isn't an A-list character but...

1. He's a Spider-Man Villain (a.k.a the best villains)
2. He was done so damn well

Those two combined means happy fans and money for Sideshow, what could be better.

Afterall when was the last time an Ex and Reg sold out upon release?

MOAR SPIDEY VILLAINS :lol

Can't argue with pure logical wisdom. Well said sir. Great sculpts of iconic villain figures will sell every time. Let's hope Sideshow is listening, sooner than later.:slap

:goodpost: :pray:

Venom is my all time favorite anti hero. I'd take him over rhino.

I think those saying Venom is miles better are bias as they prefer the Venom character over Rhino.

I don't have Venom so i can't truly compare but imo Rhino is better than Carnage (whom i have and love) because he has faces with such emotion and a killer pose that's better than both Venom's and Carnage's pose

Rhino's pose looks so natural to his character where as Carnage and Venoms aren't.

Carnage tendrils should have had magnets

That's would've been much better

Last edited:
Green Golin was done as a premium format, not a comiquette. Completely different style of mixed media vs complete sculpt. And I believe a different scale, no?

We need a new goblin that fits with this line. He's such an iconic character however I've yet to see him done well.

Green Golin was done as a premium format, not a comiquette. Completely different style of mixed media vs complete sculpt. And I believe a different scale, no?

We need a new goblin that fits with this line. He's such an iconic character however I've yet to see him done well.

The Green Goblin PF and the Spider-Man comiquettes (including Venom, Carnage, Rhino) were all intended to be 1/4 scale.

This is the last 1/4th Comiquette.

All future 1/4th pieces will be called PF's even if they're fully sculpted or mixed media.

filip629, why are you not getting this? A great !/4 scale total sculpt of a classic Spidey villain? Our dreams/hopes are finally coming true! Rhino would be the bulky/hulky villain representation for the Spidey series, besides a possible King Pin. A must for this series. Just feel you will regret passing up on this monster somewhere down the line.

I would regret it if I liked the character. I don't. That is the only reason I passed on this monster sculpt. He looks good. Damn good. Anyone with eyes can see that. However, money and space force me to make hard choices. If I have no love for a character, they do not make the cut. Hell, even if I do like the character, the statue has to look good. To be honest with you, the only other Spidey villian I would want to add to my collection would be a fully sculpted Green Goblin PF. Didn't care for the 1st GG PF at all. I have the Spidey and Venom Coms because I like those characters. However, I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of the spider-verse. If all I had was Spidey, Venom, and Green Goblin representing my sideshow collection, I would be comfortable with that. I have always been an X-MEN and Avengers fan first. They take a priority in my collection. None of this takes away from just how awesome the Rhino Com looks. Everyone who got one should be feeling real good about their purchase.

I want this coming around the corner. Sorry, I know this isn't a GG thread. Just getting excited about this line again and with the hobgoblin piece I know they can do it right.

Crap it's almost 7pm and nothing yet. I'm now getting ready to go out for dinner and it's raining. I would also be risking the box outside for a few hrs. I had someone home waiting today since 7am. Errr come on ups. Today just a messy rainy day. I will leave a big plastic trash bag with a note on the door to see if ups can cover up my box when they drop it off. I had the boxed checked off on my ups for them to leave it on my front door. Let's see if it works.

Mine just arrived, and just like everyone else has posted, he is indeed huge. With the classic head he looks great, with the regular the gaps are just awful. I do love the sculpt and look, but this com was very cheaply made. Mine has cracks all over the place and doesn't weigh much more than a feather. SS yet again crapped out on quality when given the chance. I will be asking for a replacement body.

Anyone think this is better than venom comiquette?

By leaps and bounds. That com is a monstrosity, just sloppy and in the most retarded pose. Venom and Carnage both need to be made in 1/4 Bagley versions with poses that fit them.

Mine came today and his back had a few cracks.

:(

I even requested sideshow double check it before they shipped it and they said they did but apparently they didn't do a good job.

He is not heavy. The solid head weighs almost as much as the body. I'm not suggesting it should be 100% solid, but if it were maybe 20-25% thicker there might not be all the cracks people are getting. If it were solid it would weigh 60 lbs or more, it is bigger than the Hulk PF.

That com is a monstrosity, just sloppy and in the most retarded pose. Venom and Carnage both need to be made in 1/4 Bagley versions with poses that fit them.

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

Is it 19 lbs. heavy though since that's how SS listed it.

Last edited:
Arrived....no issues with mine. Massive..really massive. I wouldn't say light...I consider the Boba Fett PF, light but I would say....more poly and less stone but that's SS's m.o. these days.

Back