1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my whole world view for my Star Wars collection really started changing after HT started showing its goods. I'm not certain I really have or want the space for X-wing Lukes and TIE fighters. I mean, its killing me to control my addiction.... but better me control it than Sideshow or Hot Toys.

HT has pushed me to define my shelf... partly because of price, partly because I just can't display Luke Bespin, Luke Hoth, Luke Pilot, Luke Tatooine, Luke stormtrooper, Luke Jedi....

Ultimately, I've got 3 criteria on whether I'll get this or not: 1) did production turn out well, 2) is it price right, 3) do I really need this (which is really, do I have the room to display it). The last one is really more of a guideline than a rule (thanks Barbossa).

It's going to be SUPER interesting to find out the price for this guy and compare/contrast with Sideshow's other recent releases and announcements. But while interesting, I have no desire to chance an honest guess after last week's reveal - it's really a total crap shoot at this point.

Yeah, part of me thinks it should be much cheaper because its reusing parts -- stormtrooper base helmet, Pilot Luke flight suit, Imperial boots, pilot gloves, etc. But Luke's price really threw it all out the window.

Maybe Sideshow is just overcharging on figures that they know -- and we know -- that HT won't redo.

Or they know something we don't about the future cost of doing business in China and "the X-wing experiment" is the proposed 2015 prices.

That's kinda what I was thinking about Dave's comment about renegotiated license fees. It didn't just automatically start in 2012 when Disney bought Lucasfilm, but it's about to drop (if it hasn't already).

But then no stormtroopers flanking Vader?

Nah. Maybe for not $400, but I don't like stormtroopers that much.

I always thought I'd put a TIE pilot with a Sandtrooper, a Snowtrooper and a Scout trooper, just as another Imperial variant.

I'll have a rebel and an imperial trooper representing each film, and that's where I drew the line. Hoth trooper is the only one left.

Way overdue.

An army building figure I would definitely buy.

At the moment I'm in for the Stormtrooper set, because they can represent Han and Luke or Stormtroopers.

Not fussed about the TIE Pilot or Scout Trooper, as for me the Stormtroopers are the most iconic of the masked imperials.

I don't think I will be getting Luke or Han Hoth now... so my only real hope for HOTH on the shelf is a good Rebel Hoth Trooper.

Hoth is my favorite look for the rebels (over Endor and the early Tantive/Yavin style).

I don't think I will be getting Luke or Han Hoth now... so my only real hope for HOTH on the shelf is a good Rebel Hoth Trooper.

Hoth is my favorite look for the rebels (over Endor and the early Tantive/Yavin style).

I couldn't pass on Hoth Han or Luke, but a Hoth Rebel soldier would be the icing on the cake.

I have the three Sideshow Endor Rebel Commandos, but their outdated sculpts are getting in the way of me putting them back on display at the moment.

That's too bad, WG. But part of me thinks you might reconsider once the figures are out. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

That's too bad, WG. But part of me thinks you might reconsider once the figures are out. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

I reconsider it every time it comes up. But with HT making the moves now, I really think I will limit my display to the core characters from ANH and a few others (Fett, Jabba, Emperor, Yoda, a few trooper variations, maybe a few creatures).

Here's the math: Basically I have four Detolf shelves for STAR WARS. Any more than 7 figures gets really crowded in there unless its R2 or Yoda. So at best I have 28-30 Star Wars figures to show at any one time. Start counting the characters down and you instantly see the problem. I need a bigger place.

I have the three Sideshow Endor Rebel Commandos, but their outdated sculpts are getting in the way of me putting them back on display at the moment.
Just swap the gear over to a HT TT or an equivalent. My only Endor Rebel is an excellent figure now.

Here's the math: Basically I have four Detolf shelves for STAR WARS. Any more than 7 figures gets really crowded in there unless its R2 or Yoda. So at best I have 28-30 Star Wars figures to show at any one time. Start counting the characters down and you instantly see the problem. I need a bigger place.
Yeah, it's a challenge to have a modest focus - while covering the important stuff & faves.

I originally wanted about four Detolfs as well, but it's just not practical for me to do that right now, so I'm just buying the figures I really want & putting a few out for now. I'm trying to move out of my current house in the next year, so that again makes me hold out till I can set things up properly.

Just swap the gear over to a HT TT or an equivalent. My only Endor Rebel is an excellent figure now.

It's tempting. Would need to find heads that work with the helmets.

I can't remember if SS hands are compatible with the HT TT/TT clones.

Do you have a photo of yours?

pre-cancel-HT.jpg

Back