1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I haven't noticed a difference between the costume reference and onscreen sources of SW vs. ROTJ. Interested to see any pics. You wonder why they would have revised anything at all between the films.

Front part of that mohawk looks noticeably inaccurate (too big.)

It's not really right but I liked the slight brown color in the lenses on the proto.

Nice looking figure though.

This might be because they could have used an SDS as reference...

I don't see the difference.

Yeah, I haven't noticed a difference between the costume reference and onscreen sources of SW vs. ROTJ. Interested to see any pics. You wonder why they would have revised anything at all between the films.

The SDS and ROTJ chest boxes compared to ANH ones have a different type of rocker switches and also the blue/white/gray colored buttons are differently placed - I think I posted this before. Not at home so don't have access to my database. But here are the differences shown on the 501st TIE Pilot CRL

TIE_chest_box.jpg

This might be because they could have used an SDS as reference...

The SDS and ROTJ chest boxes compared to ANH ones have a different type of rocker switches and also the blue/white/gray colored buttons are differently placed - I think I posted this before. Not at home so don't have access to my database. But here are the differences shown on the 501st TIE Pilot CRL

View attachment 223923

The bottom right silver piece is from the ANH chest box, looks like a mixture of both?

Still unclear on the difference.

This is SSC, ANH prop production, ROTJ pic. While the SSC suffers from the usual SSC lack of observation issues, the ANH/ROTJ pics look the same.

2v36mo2.png

Still unclear on the difference.

This is SSC, ANH prop production, ROTJ pic. While the SSC suffers from the usual SSC lack of observation issues, the ANH/ROTJ pics look the same.

2v36mo2.png

That pic shows the differences JKNO pointed out. The 3 squares are different colours and the rocker switches are different with ANH being flat switches and ROTJ having indents.

Both ANH and ROTJ in that pic have the 3rd hose missing from the sideshow and the sideshow seems to have added some extra greebles to the front of the mohawk. Not sure if it's just the angle, but the mohawk looks wrong all over. As usual the SS face is also too elongated.

Still getting this though as it despite these issues it looks great. Not like Hot Toys got their buckets right either.

Both ANH and ROTJ in that pic have the 3rd hose missing from the sideshow and the sideshow seems to have added some extra greebles to the front of the mohawk. Not sure if it's just the angle, but the mohawk looks wrong all over. As usual the SS face is also too elongated.
This is one piss poor camera phone shot we're going with here and at a totally different angle.

That pic shows the differences JKNO pointed out. The 3 squares are different colours and the rocker switches are different with ANH being flat switches and ROTJ having indents.

Still getting this though as it despite these issues it looks great. Not like Hot Toys got their buckets right either.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing - while the lighting is very different (making the blue squares appear almost black in the ROTJ pic,) they appear to be the same color, and in terms of the rocker switches, I see an indented white switch in the middle and a grey flat switch either side; same on both the ANH and the ROTJ.

The other thing to keep in mind is that it seems like the "ROTJ" shot shown above was in fact filmed at the time of ANH because of the hallway type and also the stormies and death star trooper seen in the preceding shot are 100% ANH footage (the DST's have ANH belts and boots and the stormies are not ROTJ style.)

And yeah, the front of the mohawk on the SSC is noticeably too big and the angle is wrong but it's still a great looking sculpt. The ATAT driver in white shows it well.

This is one piss poor camera phone shot we're going with here and at a totally different angle.

Yeah, I think that's just lens distortion.

A few minor inaccuracies on the chestbox but nothing that ruins the figure for me. I got my notice that this will charge on December 1st so I'll probably keep it.

Not one of Marmit's better efforts. Tiny chestbox (not quite as bad on the ATAT driver,) bad tubes. Jumpsuit nowhere near as good as the SSC one.

Who cares, this character just looks like a bumpy piece of licorice in any display cabinet no matter which sculpt is the winner.

I'm serious. There's a reason they did the gunmetal countershading on Vader, then felt the need to do it on the TIE pilots as well (unfortunately, not on this figure or the Marmit though.)

Back