1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moncal made these guys - scroll down in the link below:

FarAwayCreations - News & Updates

"May 9th, 2011
We bring light to a Star Wars character that has, to our knowledge, never been recognized by the fans or a toy manufacturer!
We are calling it the "Mechanical Crewman".
Here is a picture of the helmet we created for the costume."

View attachment 222122

View attachment 222123

That's great.

Looks like some rebel technicians went turncoat and repainted their helmets black and dyed their jumpsuits dark blue.:lol

What's really funny is if you look in the upper left part of the frame as the Emperor arrives, you can see these crewman-in-blue guys who are in the back are not standing at attention and are moving around, talking and putting on goggles instead of standing at attention (seems like they used some footage that was between takes for that area of the frame ebcause they aren't at attention - at all.) Everyone else is standing at attention around them and they look like they just showed up and are getting ready.:rotfl

That's great.

Looks like some rebel technicians went turncoat and repainted their helmets black and dyed their jumpsuits dark blue.[emoji38]

What's really funny is if you look in the upper left part of the frame as the Emperor arrives, you can see these crewman-in-blue guys who are in the back are not standing at attention and are moving around, talking and putting on goggles instead of standing at attention (seems like they used some footage that was between takes for that area of the frame ebcause they aren't at attention - at all.) Everyone else is standing at attention around them and they look like they just showed up and are getting ready.:rotfl
I can't wait to pay £200 for a hot toys version of this guy[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And now for the obligatory page of reference photos:

Original TIE Pilot Helmets

A picture taken in 1976:

sdsorigTIEs.jpg

Jack O'Halloran from Superman was a TF pilot? :lol

Jack O'Halloran from Superman was a TF pilot? :lol

Back in his skinny, sub-6' days.:lol Recently watched SII - quite similar to Man of Steel... and I enjoyed it more.

It really shows you how many of those TIE helmets were made for ANH. Other than that ANH shot used in ROTJ, you never see more than two onscreen at the same time.

And... got my notice. Ultimate 1/6 TIE Pilot incoming!:yess:

Decided to cancel this one. Way too many figures coming all at once and since this didn't have an NRD and the exclusive is no big deal I'll reconsider it down the line after seeing pics--looks nice from the little we've seen so far. Now to decide on other possible cancellations--since I have the Tama 3PO, the SS one is begging for it.

Whelp - got an unexpected bill so something had to give. This fighter has broken off from the main group.:(

Pretty sure he was talking about the TIE breakdown. Unlike most of us, Chopchop is staying on-topic.
Oops, my mistake. No, I want my TIE complete from Sideshow but I only need a few parts to update my custom xwing Luke.

Decided to cancel this one. Way too many figures coming all at once and since this didn't have an NRD and the exclusive is no big deal I'll reconsider it down the line after seeing pics--looks nice from the little we've seen so far. Now to decide on other possible cancellations--since I have the Tama 3PO, the SS one is begging for it.

Still hanging on to SSC 3PO for now - curious how it came out and I need a couple of 3PO's. I know it won't top the Tama, but I need the SSC for my Jabba throne room.

After I posted that I remembered the SS figure has the articulated fingers. I wonder if we'll see any hand transplants to the Tama. Still curious to see it, just need to spread some of these releases out.

A few photos of X-Wing Luke now, but not much of the TIE Pilot.

TIE pilot is charging Monday, and Luke Tuesday, so they should be flying in pretty close formation.

Back