1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khai, very nice review. The figure looks pretty good and the helmet looks really sharp with maybe the only down side being the lenses. Tubes look a little thick aesthetically but that might be accurate.

Once some of the orders I've placed ship I'll reconsider. The main thing I'm still a bit unsure of is the tailoring on the suit around the hips, prefer the fit of the Luke X-Wing suit. Would love to see a shot next to the HT stormie and Luke too.

I'm surprised by the shape of the eyes on the TIE helmet as I thought they were supposed to be the same as the stormtroopers but the eyes seem to angle downward on the side more (not speaking just about the figure as it looks accurate to shots I see from the flick).

Thanks for checking out the review! I'll be getting the Xwing Luke by the weekend, so will definitely post up pics with the two figures side by side. The tailoring on the suit I think is pretty nice. The belt could've been slightly looser to give the impression of more width in the waist. I'll be checking to see how the Luke figure looks in this regard, but I dont think it has the same sort of belt.

Here's my review of the TIE Pilot. Overall, I think this is a fantastic figure! I think the helmet is pretty nice, although I'm not one to be so picky on whether it's totally screen accurate. In hand, it looks as I remember it from the movie so that's all I'm going by. The eyes could have been better if they had made them slightly transluscent, but it seems they are just painted the same glossy black as the rest of the helmet.

The suit tailoring is awesome, and fits the underlying body well. The thin waist was surprisingly a non-issue for me in hand. I complained about it previously and from looking at previous photos, but in hand it's not very noticeable. The belt length is tailored to fit the waist pretty much perfectly with very little room to move to make it wider.

The underlying body for me is one of the better ones from Sideshow in my collection. All joints move quite nicely, although the shoulders do feel a little loose when swinging out to the sides. But other than that it all seems good. The legs seem to be on a ratchet when swinging out to the sides, which I think it different to other bodies I've had where it's mostly friction joints from memory.

Either way, I think this figure is proof positive that Sideshow should stop making human figures/head sculpts, and just focus on helmeted/armoured/masked figures! I really like this figure a lot, and it looks great next to all the other Star Wars figures. It's quality for me is every bit as awesome as Hot Toys. I just wish Sideshow could make me feel the same about their human sculpts and facial paint applications!

Anyway, here's my full video review with all my thoughts stepping through the figure. Hope you can all check it out and subscribe if you like the review :)

Very nice review!

To me the figure lacks realism. Reminds me of an upgraded Hasbro toy.

I'll save money for the eventual HT release.

The TIE Pilot was a simple costume to begin with just look at the screen used suits below. So SSC I think managed to make a nice figure. I'll see more when having it in hand, but the pics are encouraging.

Probe Droid wide1.jpg tie pilots gunners filmed.jpg

Yikes! Looks like those troopers in the top photo with the probe droid could stand to loose a few pounds! :lol

The bottom photo shows how slim the overall body should be and that the belt should not "cinch" the waist as much as the figure looks to be doing. However, I think with a little futzing, like just smooshing down the sides of the jumpsuit, that slim look can be achieved.

Yikes! Looks like those troopers in the top photo with the probe droid could stand to loose a few pounds! :lol

:lol

The bottom photo shows how slim the overall body should be and that the belt should not "cinch" the waist as much as the figure looks to be doing. However, I think with a little futzing, like just smooshing down the sides of the jumpsuit, that slim look can be achieved.

:goodpost::exactly:

I'll probably end up cancelling this for now given that I just received notice that the Sandtrooper ships soon and I've got some flex payments coming out too. I'll probably re-order at some point as the figure is overall looking decent.

I always thought it was amusing that even Probe Droids showed up for the Emperor's arrival in ROTJ. How did that go? "Attention! The Emperor's shuttle is arriving, all elite troops, scouts, and astromechs prepare for ceremonial greeting. Probe Droids, you too, stop what you're doing and report to the main hangar." Like there's just random Probe Droids roaming the halls of the DS ready to come when called.

I always thought it was amusing that even Probe Droids showed up for the Emperor's arrival in ROTJ. How did that go? "Attention! The Emperor's shuttle is arriving, all elite troops, scouts, and astromechs prepare for ceremonial greeting. Probe Droids, you too, stop what you're doing and report to the main hangar." Like there's just random Probe Droids roaming the halls of the DS ready to come when called.
I've honestly never noticed that. I tried to find it during the scene where the Emperor arrives but don't see it. Is that in one of the special edition versions?

I've honestly never noticed that. I tried to find it during the scene where the Emperor arrives but don't see it. Is that in one of the special edition versions?

Nah, it's old school 1983. Apparently two Probe Droids respectfully arrived to greet the Emperor, both are featured in this screenshot. There was a real one (assumedly the ESB prop repurposed for Jedi) and then another one that appeared as part of the expansive matte painting that surrounded the live footage. Both droids can be seen on the right side of this screen shot. Real on set prop behind the back row of extras, and then the painted one a little further to the right (next to all the "evil" astromech droids):

latest

Both droids can be seen on the right side of this screen shot. Real on set prop behind the back row of extras, and then the painted one a little further to the right (next to all the "evil" astromech droids):

latest

giphy.gif

The picture is huge if you open it in a new window, don't know why it's showing up small in Khev's pic. I think the image prevents hot linking.

Back