1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I like to do some macro shots of the heads but unfortunatley mine has some paint QC issues (chipped in quite a few spots) so I'm not posting any of those. I've already shot some pics off to Sideshow. It did have an "inspected by customs" sticker from one of it's stops (Singapore I think) and looked to have been roughly put back together so I'm not sure if they knocked it around or it was damaged from the start. Regardless, I know sideshow will help me out.

Lastly a full body shot alongside those other 2 troopers.

Nice pics. The customs don't really take care of the things they unpack if not in front of you, at least here. When I got my old giraffe SSC ANH Vader figure it arrived damaged, I guess the customs played with the "doll"...

Thanks for all the pics and your thoughts of the figure, momaw. Always surprised how similar the Sideshow bucket resembles the Hot Toys one from a couple angles. The TIE looks bigger than I expected. Expected him to look a tad smaller than the tall HT trooper, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Like what you've done with stretching the belt and adding the paunch. Seems to really help.

Great stuff, momaw!

I really like the helmet from the side with that extreme "barracuda jaw".

Good fix too, though I've done that trick and it does tend to thin out an already thin belt. But he looks a lot better than with a Barbie waist.

23302065416_2d0e8aed83_b.jpg

22960264449_0da3aa510d_b.jpg

23302064936_30168582a7_b.jpg

23219880652_2d935867b8_b.jpg

23328188155_48b6caa50e_b.jpg

23245611161_fec0a481f5_b.jpg

22960262439_3e0e8b7cea_b.jpg

Just when I think my money would be better spent on some hot toys Star Wars figures some awesome pics get posted of the tie pilot. He's my favorite trooper but I'm having a hard time justifying that much cash when the hot toys figures are only $20-$30 more

Really awesome pics.:clap A little red light in reflections brings this guy alive nicely.

I just wish they'd done the eyes somehow different to the rest of the helmet. The proto had that slight brown tint that they dropped for some reason. Maybe they should have done one of the gunmetal striping patterns seen on the close-up onscreen helmets. The crew did that to bring out the detail of the helmet more (just like on Vader) and so SSC should have followed suit, even though technically the generic "extras" pilots didn't have any stripes.

It's the one issue with the TIE pilot in general - the helmet just looks like a bumpy blob of licorice unless he's lit just right (so you can see the goggles, the mouth etc. and get your bearings and discern the "face.")

Does anyone know the height of this pilot? He seems quite tall compared to the HT stormie and Luke X-Wing.

Back