1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture is huge if you open it in a new window, don't know why it's showing up small in Khev's pic:

Arrival-ROTJHD.png

Holy crap, that IS tiny, it was NOT showing up that small when I posted it. :lol That's actually really funny now.

Crying laughing here at Clint Eastwood with his binoculars!
The Tie pilot does look very nice but I am not seeing value in a figure that is currently costing double what I paid for the Snowtrooper last year.

Tie Pilot just hit my desk :yess: Only about 9 hours til I can get him home for a look :lol

Will post some pics. Any specific requests?

Congrats. Any side by sides with the HT stormtrooper would be appreciated. Curious to see the helmets compared as well.

Will do. Was also gonna compare to the Sideshow sandtrooper bucket (don't have ss regular troopers).

Wha? Why?

I know, I know. I am just not satisfied with what I'm seeing for the price asked, and I'm "voting with my wallet" as they say.

There is an explosion of Star Wars 1/6th happening, particularly at this brief moment in time, and I really want to streamline my collecting habits on STAR WARS to just prime characters of the original film right now (and a couple extra troopers). I have only so much money to go around on dolls that are $200+ and HT Vader, Luke and Sandtrooper won out over this one.

Depending on more in-hand pictures and the longevity of availability, I may circle back on this later. But I'm also figuring that HT will make this one in the not so distant future.

That all said, I eagerly await Momaw's pictures.

I unpacked this figure and I really like it. I'm no Paramore or Rory, but I hope the pics suffice.

First up, the thing bothering most is the waist. It does seem a little tiny. The belt, as mentioned earlier, is designed so it can't be extended. As you can see from the below pic it is one long piece with a notch at the other end to clip the buckle onto. If you moved the notch, the other hole would be visible.

47922b049a8cf512a681fbdcadd8bf23_zpsxrzxuhp1.jpg

You can also see from this pic, the suit itself seems to have some inner elastic around the waist also pulling it in.

d9f26a1541de3dc70e064fd6615ef8e5_zpswh2wedpn.jpg

The body itself seem to have bigger thighs and a small waist too.

But all is not lost. The belt is pretty pliable. I gently stretched it until it had a little more give and then I put some tissue around the waist of the figure to give a bit more thickness to the waist (and a very slight paunch :lol). I think it turned out ok.

8aa8221885cb302bac4b7e3bd60035cd_zpst2xwtxjy.jpg

8c2ac9a005ccc9bb677f60eabcaf3c09_zpsrh7nsqb2.jpg

442786d2091282f0e4a12d9e5120274c_zpsjm8dsosr.jpg

101b87e29ba20e7039674cf2ee468e40_zpspjszjb8e.jpg

The eyes get lost in the pics as the gloss on the helmet is pretty high, but they look ok in hand. Tinted instead of painted would be better, but it's not the end of the world. I really like the tailoring on the suit and the gloves and boots, while rubber, have a nice look of weathered and worn leather. The logo's look good and there is a little communicator on the wrist.

Now, bucket comparisons. Below is the tie bucket against the Sideshow Sandtrooper and the Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

b6807f0bf5c36c0398321a590fc1b393_zpsqe9cktvk.jpg

fec18d1bbb83ace9c05df0316ab9f472_zpst60vqq1p.jpg

bdace5efdaf0bdfe3a29116275458680_zpss1jefziy.jpg

aa2bcdf3eaae15f6367fc152202df176_zpso8za9oii.jpg

Normally I like to do some macro shots of the heads but unfortunatley mine has some paint QC issues (chipped in quite a few spots) so I'm not posting any of those. I've already shot some pics off to Sideshow. It did have an "inspected by customs" sticker from one of it's stops (Singapore I think) and looked to have been roughly put back together so I'm not sure if they knocked it around or it was damaged from the start. Regardless, I know sideshow will help me out.

Lastly a full body shot alongside those other 2 troopers.

6c0739a09cb2fdfe84064e887ba58284_zpsei2nabio.jpg

Thanks for the photos and review, momaw. I think he looks improved with the fuller waist.

Shame about the damage to the helmet,. Hope Sideshow can sort that out for you.

Back