Sideshow Storm Shadow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sleeves don't bother as much as they did at first. He had sleeves at some point during the silent issue plus like you said it appears they can come off. I don't really mind the joints showing too much if the articulation is there. Right now I'm thinking Truetype.... :D

It looks like Storm Shadow would have two alternate looks. Short sleeved and sleevless. They look like seperate pieces so both looks look to be achievable! Bravo Sideshow! Very clever!

Storm Shadow Looks great!
But damn it, I wanted another Joe!!!

I'm even more excited by the Cobra Officer, looks fantastic so far! :D

Sideshow, please make Flint or Duke next.

I'm curious to see how they would make Duke. Designwise the classic is a little lackluster, aside from the bandolier there's not much to him as far as gear. I'm thinking they'd lean more towards his look from the new cartoon, which I can't say I'd mind all that much!

Dukes classic look is a must!!!

With or without the grin? ;) Seriously, in retrospect I could see them making Duke in his classic tan/green. And to boost the deal they could include a Jump pack...and a flag! I'm a so-so fan of the cartoon but the opening of the movie was aces! :rock

I'm curious to see how they would make Duke. Designwise the classic is a little lackluster, aside from the bandolier there's not much to him as far as gear. I'm thinking they'd lean more towards his look from the new cartoon, which I can't say I'd mind all that much!

They'll approach him much in the same way they did Snake Eyes, a lot more gear then the original came with, probably some added body armor, but underneath it all, a classic Duke. :D

At least I hope so.

With or without the grin? ;) Seriously, in retrospect I could see them making Duke in his classic tan/green. And to boost the deal they could include a Jump pack...and a flag! I'm a so-so fan of the cartoon but the opening of the movie was aces! :rock

NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

For me no grin, it wouldn't fit in any battle scenario.

From the production photo, I already see a big problem again with using the Pro body on Storm Shadow. Like Snake Eyes, the shoulders are too slumped. Stormie should have a perfect V shape with his gui. Looks like another Truetype transplant STAT.

From the production photo, I already see a big problem again with using the Pro body on Storm Shadow. Like Snake Eyes, the shoulders are too slumped. Stormie should have a perfect V shape with his gui. Looks like another Truetype transplant STAT.

Looks like all the new SS figs will need it. Atleast the males.

16StormShadow.jpg

:rock Hell Yeah!!!

Arrows and quiver look great, the shoulder strap and buckle are perfect, sword looks badass, and I agree could be metal. Cannot wait for more on this guy!

:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

Not to pick nits too badly, but what do you guys think about what looks like a sculpted hood.

Its kinda inconsistant with Snake Eyes. Typically, I like my figures to use as much fabric as possible.

I can see where sculpted probably does the eye slit best though.

Maybe they'll offer the fabric too, similar to the cobra troops?

I was kinda let down, but as long as it is painted to look like cloth, I can live with it. I think characters like Firefly and Beachhead will be done the same way.

Yea, and apparently that "variant" soldier will be the end of the line. Cause you know, no one wants more soldiers in a military line, even though the enemy line is made up variant soldiers to begin with.

It'd be different if this were The Dead line. And one has to wonder why they would shoot for a variant after only five figures. But by what you're saying, it's okay to just issue rehashes of the same figure over and over since the army is "made up of variant soldiers to begin with" rather than utilize one of the MANY different characters on the Cobra team? Destro? Viper? B.A.T.? Firefly? Crimson Guard? The twins? Alley Viper? Zartan and/or any of the Dreadnocks?!

Personally, if SSC can profit by making easy variants and then use those profits to eventually extend a line deeper than it would have otherwise...more power to them.

Had SSC released a Ringwraith variant or 2 for LOTR, maybe that line would still be going.

If the idea of countless astromech variants makes SSC more willing to make R2D2...I'm more than happy see that too. :)

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

Who is to say he wasnt' just a early prototype thrown in for the pic? Who is to say they aren't going to make any of those you list?

If the variant is offered, don't buy it, pretty simple . . .

Personally, if SSC can profit by making easy variants and then use those profits to eventually extend a line deeper than it would have otherwise...more power to them.

Had SSC released a Ringwraith variant or 2 for LOTR, maybe that line would still be going.

I seriously doubt it. The meat of the line was left rotting, Frodo, Sam and Gandalf. Villains or no, it would've been cancelled and any excuse used to bail on yet another 1:6 line. But hey, if you're willing to support a line by dumping your never-ending fountain of cash :)p) on cheap rehashes in hopes of supporting them doing anything but, go for it.

Who is to say he wasnt' just a early prototype thrown in for the pic? Who is to say they aren't going to make any of those you list?

If the variant is offered, don't buy it, pretty simple . . .

It's not a matter of buying or not buying. Moreso a matter of something ORIGINAL. It would be nice to have another Joe to put on the same shelf as all 4 Cobras, would it not? Who made the thread yesterday saying "Duke Tomorrow!"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back