Sideshow Storm Shadow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm Shadow rocks. He and Snake Eyes would be the only 2 from the line I'd buy.

Thats the thing, I don't have to dump MYmoney on stuff I don't want. Just because I don't want it doesn't mean it was a bad business decision.

I may or may not pass on it, not sure yet, but I think its a worthwhile method for SSC to secure the profitability of the line.

If SSC had made an "army builder" and subsequently offered variants of that figure, be it Ringwraith, orc, urukhai, whatever, it would have grew the marginal gains via economies of scale and thus the LOTR line would have been more profitable en total.

I may or may not pass on it, not sure yet, but I think its a worthwhile method for SSC to secure the profitability of the line.

I dunno. Sure army building is bigtime profitable among the 3 3/4" lines, but I doubt it here. While I have no doubt that there are those who do army build with 1:6 figures, I think they're considerably far and few between (especially at $120 a pop) and not really enough to profit from as opposed to those who will only pick up one of each figure.

I dunno. Sure army building is bigtime profitable among the 3 3/4" lines, but I doubt it here. While I have no doubt that there are those who do army build with 1:6 figures, I think they're considerably far and few between (especially at $120 a pop) and not really enough to profit from as opposed to those who will only pick up one of each figure.

Thats true. I will say though, I'm more likely to army build when there are 2 variants rather than army build with 2 of the exact same figure.

Thats true. I will say though, I'm more likely to army build when there are 2 variants rather than army build with 2 of the exact same figure.

actually squad building is fairly common among folks on the 1:6 military boards...

but at the price sideshow is charging for these they can forget about that from most folks...

Sideshow should do something like the Endor trooper pack, but give a more substantial discount for buying all three.

3 Cobra troopers variants at 75% of the cost of buying them seperately. That would sell big.

Man, I was away most of the day and what do I see when I get on??? A very awesome figure...Thanks SS!!!!

My army building is limited to two of each trooper. Clones, Storm, Cobra, etc. That gives you enough to flank a main character and acknowledge they are a trooper and not a main character. Sure that can be expensive, but the two Stormtroopers flanking Vader at SDCC sold me on the idea.

2 Storm - Vader
2 Clone - Obi-wan
2 Cobra - Cobra Commander

With the Sandtrooper, they all had different shoulder colors so I'm only getting one of him, but wouldn't hesitate getting other colored ones.

As for Storm Shadow, now I can't tell if he has a sculpted mask or cloth one. I suppose that is a good thing because it looks great!

Think of it this way, If they're doing a trooper variant, and it's not just something cobbled together for the shot, he'll likely be a SDCC exclusive, and not a regular release. i like my con exclusives to be something like this. it's neet when it's something totaly new, but this way, it's not so bad if people miss out.

Having said that, I'd just like to point this out for the unenlightened. the reason he's wearing red on his mask ( as far as I can figure that is) is that Scarface was the Personal Aid for cobra commander. He acted as a courier for him, drove his Limo, and Attended cobra high command meetings. if it's actually Scarface, that's awesome. If not, I'll be painting the scar on the face of mine.

SO, next question. Am i the only one who feels the Trenchcoat is all wrong for the commander? I'm planning on making him a cape.

just saw the strom shadow. looks pretty good. cant wait to get him. PPO? what da hell? Sideshow better have those servers fine tuned.

2652776322_11a6a1070b.jpg

I never did quite understand the differences (in reasoning) between silver and red?

These colors are backwards, officer has the silver and reg trooper has the red logo.

I plan on putting a Jack Krauser head on one of my Troopers so I will at least have some sort of "scarface" trooper.

Poor Storm Shadow is getting upstaged by the mystery trooper :lol

Not to pick nits too badly, but what do you guys think about what looks like a sculpted hood.

Its kinda inconsistant with Snake Eyes. Typically, I like my figures to use as much fabric as possible.

I can see where sculpted probably does the eye slit best though.

Maybe they'll offer the fabric too, similar to the cobra troops?

I would only like the fabric on the head if it were to fit tightly, nothing more annoying than slipping fabric not covering up his eyes correctly.

edit: just got done finishing reading the whole thread, can't believe in one day we have like 20 pages for Storm Shadow!!!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:
I can't wait til next Friday, I have a feeling this might be a tough one to get... :rolleyes:

nah only the joes fans with a big wallet will be buying....other joe sites forums are complaining its too pricey! 1000 to go around will be plenty for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back