Sideshow Stormtrooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if SST can live up to the Stormtrooper prototype, it will definitely rank up among their best Star Wars offerings to date... i wasn't expecting them to come close to Medicom's version let alone possibly surpassing it.

Those Stormtroopers at SDCC weren't prototypes, they are pre-production samples. What you saw at SDCC is what we are getting!!

Darth Vader though was a very early prototype so who knows what he will actually look like when we get him.

Those Stormtroopers at SDCC weren't prototypes, they are pre-production samples. What you saw at SDCC is what we are getting!!

Which to me suggests they're ready to make them, just waiting on the POs to reach a certain point before green lighting the production run. Since there's a different limit on the Ex. too, they may not have the ES so my guess is they'll wait til early to mid September to get an idea on production numbers for Ex and Reg and then crank them out, or maybe they'll just rought it and whatever ones are extra, make into Sandtroopers later. If they overproduce, they can still use the parts for other figures.

well, now i am really on the edge of my chair! experience will keep me cautious, but this is promising news!

Darth Vader though was a very early prototype so who knows what he will actually look like when we get him.

ladyvader.jpg

If Sideshow does that Hello Kitty Vader, I will buy one for my daughter.

Oops! I just asked my 7-year-old daughter if she would dig on that Vader and she burst out in laughter. Guess I am glad I will never have to worry about it.

Looks like SS sold too many at the CON now the PPO limit is 1 only for tomorrow

The order limit on our Exclusive Stormtrooper will be ONE per person during tomorrow's Priority Pre-Order event (Noon PT). We were surprised by the number of pieces ordered at our booth during Comic-Con, and have made this change to allow more customers the chance to reserve one of the Exclusives. Please note that if you placed a Pre-Order for 2 pieces at the convention, your order will be protected.

These guys look great so no surprise they where this popular. I mean these are going to really rock people when they get them. Glad my order for two is going to be protected.

if SST can live up to the Stormtrooper prototype, it will definitely rank up among their best Star Wars offerings to date... i wasn't expecting them to come close to Medicom's version let alone possibly surpassing it.

There is no possibly. Unless this is stiff like a statue, it kills the Medicom one.

I don't really give a damn about the extra short blaster. Can't see how I would ever want to display them that way. Standard issue ST rifle is much cooler. What's the appeal of the second gun with this one?

The extra Vader hand however is a must have.

I don't really give a damn about the extra short blaster. Can't see how I would ever want to display them that way. Standard issue ST rifle is much cooler. What's the appeal of the second gun with this one?

The extra Vader hand however is a must have.

My thoughts exactly.

Lame exclusive overall. But what else can you really give a ST?

Please note that if you placed a Pre-Order for 2 pieces at the convention, your order will be protected.

OK, now while I am happy that my order for two will stand, I do have great sympathy for those who wanted to order two tomorrow.

I am a bit stung that non-attendees will not be able to order two, but I wanted three troopers for displays. I just hope to get one of the exclusive for a little variation, but even if I miss tomorrow, I'll just order a third one of the regular edition!

Don't want to miss the "Force-Choke" hand though!

I spent around $2,000 total on my trip to SDCC (not including SSC pre-orders). My sympathies lie elsewhere. :lol

To me, this says these guys are well in production, if they're locked into an ES that they must change the ordering option for the Ex. to benefit NAs, must mean they're at a point that can't increase the ES or I'm sure they'd do that.

Back