Skiman's Workshop (KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN WIP) [*** COMMISSIONS CLOSED ***]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skiman's Custom Work and Kitbash/Sculpting

I see that! Can't wait to see it all finished. :D

Amazing work!

<table border="0" width="299" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="https://w332.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2kzMzIucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9tMzQwL3NraTMxbWFuL0N1c3RvbXMvTWFjMy5qcGc%3D" width="299" height="600"/></td></tr></table>

Wow, it really looks to have turned out quite nicely! I mean, I see Bill Duke's face about a thousand times a day too. :lol :clap Bravo!

Wow, it really looks to have turned out quite nicely! I mean, I see Bill Duke's face about a thousand times a day too. :lol :clap Bravo!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl that's too funny Rich, I know what you mean about that as well, well... not having the sig but I've studied Duke's face a thousand times and it's now hard to break that mold whenever I start to sculpt another head.

The facial features really get burnt into you brain after so long :slap

I appreciate those comments Flos, look for the full reveal once I get more complete on him this week.

<table border="0" width="299" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="https://w332.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2kzMzIucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9tMzQwL3NraTMxbWFuL0N1c3RvbXMvTWFjMy5qcGc%3D" width="299" height="600"/></td></tr></table>

That's your sculpt Ski?

Si senior...:monkey3

Wow, seriously? That's amazing! :thud:

You painted it to?

Wow, seriously? That's amazing! :thud:

You painted it to?

Si senior, did the paint as well, I don't know why I'm speaking in Spanish but I have that mood today :lol

Thank you Maglor, I plan to do the rest of the crew that Hot Toys didn't give us. I love this movie with a passion!

The sculpt on Mac looks excellent, Ski. I'm diggin the paint apps too especially on the eye!

Very VERY impressed. :bow

You really do need to start taking some better pics, like King D is always saying. I can see the way the eye is catching the light, but a clear pic would do it more justice.

Did you modify an existing head for that of was it made from scratch, ears and all?

The sculpt on Mac looks excellent, Ski. I'm diggin the paint apps too especially on the eye!

Very VERY impressed. :bow

You really do need to start taking some better pics, like King D is always saying. I can see the way the eye is catching the light, but a clear pic would do it more justice.

Did you modify an existing head for that of was it made from scratch, ears and all?

Thank you fellas :rock

It's all from scratch Maglor, there were some progress pics of it back in this thread I think, I sculpted the ears last right before painting him up. I found out that hardening the head by itself without ears is much easier than adding the ears in total and risking messing anything else up that wasn't suppose to move :lol

edit: (found one)
BillDukeMocUpVer2.jpg

I know... I need a better camera for sure, it's like a Canon Powershot that I bought for my wife a while back, 10.0 megapixels or something, I really need to do this and retake lots of pics of my customs, I think they look better in person than my pics :monkey2 It does good work on sunny days though on my patio :hi5:

Definitely feel your pain as far as things looking better in person. 10mp is better than what I've got though. Is there a macro setting on it? Little flower lookin icon?

Definitely feel your pain as far as things looking better in person. 10mp is better than what I've got though. Is there a macro setting on it? Little flower lookin icon?

There is and I hear that makes things better but whenever I take pics without the flash on that setting it's awful :monkey4 :monkey2

Amazed by those ears! :google Can't wait to see the whole head! :)

With a canon powershot, you should be able to get some nice clear shots. Your right lighting is realy important. And sunlight is one of the best.

Look into what settings your camera has, you might be suprised how much you can do with a point and shoot camera. A few things I have learned to improve picture quality:

- Use a tripod to eliminate any movement. (A stack of books works to.)
- This one's really obvious, but thought I would mention it: Make sure the camera is fully focused before snapping the pic. For my camera I have to press the button half way until a green box forms around he subject signaling that it's in focus, then I press it down the rest of the way... sometimes pushing thebutton is enough to shake the camera a little so I will often set the timer so that I am not touching the camera when the shutter actually opens.
- Make sure there is sufficient lighting for the subject. (Generaly well lit is easier to work with, although low light can work well with the right ISO and shutter speed)
- Adjust the ISO setting to no more than 400. That will take out a lot of the grainyness.
- See if your camera lets you adjust shutter speed. For a long time I didn't know I could adjust the maximum shutter speed on my point and shoot. It's nothing like a fully manual camera, but I found out that I can make the shutter stay open for as long as a full second. With very low light (like a computer monitor only) and a low ISO and a tripod, 1 second or a 1/2 second produces a really crisp image.

Just a few suggestions to play with, and for all I know you know all that already. :)

:peace

Last edited:

Amazed by those ears! :google Can't wait to see the whole head! :)

With a canon powershot, you should be able to get some nice clear shots. Your right lighting is realy important. And sunlight is one of the best.

Look into what settings your camera has, you might be suprised how much you can do with a point and shoot camera. A few things I have learned to improve picture quality:

- Use a tripod to eliminate any movement. (A stack of books works to.)
- Make sure there is sufficient lighting for the subject. (Generaly well lit is easier to work with, although low light can work well with the right ISO and shutter speed)
- Adjust the ISO setting to no more than 400. That will take out a lot of the grainyness.
- See if your camera lets you adjust shutter speed. For a long time I didn't know I could adjust the maximum shutter speed on my point and shoot. It's nothing like a fully manual camera, but I found out that I can make the shutter stay open for as long as a full second. With very low light (like a computer monitor only) and a low ISO and a tripod, 1 second or a 1/2 second produces a really crisp image.

Just a few suggestions to play with, and for all I know you know all that already. :)

:peace:

I'll try it Maglor thank you I appreciate that, I may have the ISO setting pretty high and that might be my problem. I do appreciate the help on this with pics, it's suck doing this much work and not seeing the details on most of my work. I'll give these options a shot whenever I post more pics :rock :bow

Ski that is awesome!

Can't wait to see the rest of your squad. Now as i've posted in here i'm subscribed, i'll never miss a trick!

Great sculpting work.

I agree with you as well, it sucks that when you come to show off the figure you've worked hard on your pics let you down. It does my head in!

I know the last of the parts must be there by now Ski!! You can skip your after-work Leg and Cardio routine for once so you can post pics of a completed Mac!!

torch.jpg
ripper.jpg
buzzer.jpg

Other progress that I'm working on at the same time. I'm still deciding between final colors on jeans for the overall group, I'm digging the more modern blue on Ripper, just feeling things out. I need lots more accessories for Ripper and Buzzer for their overall look...

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6296.jpg

Mags, I think that camera setting is working MUCH better, thanks for the tip :rock

Last edited:

More stuff in the works as well...

<table border="0" width="768" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="https://w332.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2kzMzIucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9tMzQwL3NraTMxbWFuL0N1c3RvbXMvSU1HXzYyNTguanBn" width="768" height="1024"/></td></tr></table>

<table border="0" width="768" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="https://w332.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2kzMzIucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9tMzQwL3NraTMxbWFuL0N1c3RvbXMvSU1HXzYyNjEuanBn" width="768" height="1024"/></td></tr></table>

<table border="0" width="1024" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="https://w332.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2kzMzIucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9tMzQwL3NraTMxbWFuL0N1c3RvbXMvSU1HXzYyODUuanBn" width="1024" height="768"/></td></tr></table>

Echoing my remarks in the Joe Sect. I really love the attention to detail on the 'Noks and the heads all look perfect, Ski! Can't wait to see how their signature weapons turn out.

Echoing my remarks in the Joe Sect. I really love the attention to detail on the 'Noks and the heads all look perfect, Ski! Can't wait to see how their signature weapons turn out.

I've got Buzzer's knocked out but still working on Ripper... I need to add more details to Buzzer's shirt though. Torch has that big ass flamethrower :lol

IMG_6301.jpg

Back