Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Manji: Thanks for posting. Your custom is coming along nicely. I always liked that sculpt. Andy never fails at producing some high quality fun to paint sculpts. :joy

Thanks for painting it up bud!

Its a beautiful sculpt with an equally impressive paint job! Looks much better in hand

In the next few months i should have this guy done!

Swapping out the tactical vest for sure

So was it just me that thought it was our buddy here working on the Hammerhead piece we got teased recently ?

lol WORTH A SHOT.

Thought the Beachhead was giving you away in the begining

Ok guys getting a site together so it will showcase alot of my paint work and other art related stuff in one place. Its more like a blog but at least you wont have to hunt through hundreds of posts just to see some of my work. Should be up later today or tomorrow. :joy

Im sure most of you guys have seen Sideshows Beach Head by now. But here is an alternate paint job i gave them when i was doing that project. I wanted to give him that classic card art look. Anyone who is familair with the figure from the 80's knows what im talking about. The art had him looking to one side. I thought this scupt was perfect for that appearance. Anyway figured i would share this, if not it probably wouldnt ever get seen. :lol

BH1.png

That would have rocked!!!!

That would have rocked!!!!

Well, once it comes out, you can always have him repaint it...or could you? Does your work with Sideshow prohibit you from taking on commissions repainting the production pieces of the work you did for them?

Well, once it comes out, you can always have him repaint it...or could you? Does your work with Sideshow prohibit you from taking on commissions repainting the production pieces of the work you did for them?

It's a painting paradox!!!

Love that beach head Josh.
Can't wait to see the other joe you will paint!
Hope the production beach head will look good...

Love that beach head Josh.
Can't wait to see the other joe you will paint!
Hope the production beach head will look good...

Thanks Elvis! Still one of the most fun projects i have had to date. Im anxious to see the final fig as well. Also we need more of your Joe creations!!!

Im not limited as to what i can do after a piece comes out. Im sure i will paint a few once Beach Head is released officially. :peace

Hey Josh, sent a PM with a question! Thanks! :D

edit:

Hmmm...I found your address to send the head to, just wanted to make sure you haven't moved! :)

Last edited:

Here is Rainmans Brad Pitt sculpt. I know there was alot of talk about the likeness and honestly its pretty good in hand. Certain angles are dead on Pitt. I would say if he would have made his face just a bit longer it would have been near perfect. Enjoy :medic

10g0jg3.png

2drxl74.png

6s896g.png

:bow I hope beyond hope I can send you my Sunhoc Durden :bow

dannng rainman's sculpt looks nice. and your paintjob as usual! i love the eye region the most :)
josh! would i possibly possibly be able to get on that very limited list somehow?
can't wait to see more

dannng rainman's sculpt looks nice. and your paintjob as usual! i love the eye region the most :)
josh! would i possibly possibly be able to get on that very limited list somehow?
can't wait to see more

Most definitly considering your the sculptor:D Just PM me when your ready:peace

10g0jg3.png

2drxl74.png

6s896g.png

This has to be the best paint up on this sculpt i have seen to date. I really like the way you made the cigarette look like its burnt on the end. The soft details around the eyes are very nicely done. :bow

Back