Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Hi Josh,

Great job on the skin tone for Legoloas. I re-sent you my pm just in case you missed it.

Sideshows Legolas. I know the sculpt doesnt bare a huge resemblance to Bloom but its not terrible. Darren resculpted this one awhile ago and i thought his had a better likeness. Anyway here are a few shots.

65o75i.png

Upclose shot of the skin tone detail. You would probably only see under a magnifier.

wwlz09.png

OMG that looks amazing!!! I agree that the headsculpt isn't perfect, but it's still a pretty good resemblance to Legolas. Darren's sculpt is perfect, no question about that.

But Josh, WOW. Your additional detail on the skintones is unreal. Thank you so much!!!!

Trust me where Josh is concerned the only worrying you have to do is worrying weather you will ever be able to stomach a factory paint job ever again!

Case in point...

picture18hj.png

picture19yh.png

One day if/when I get my life back and don't spend all my life at work Im gonna take some more/better pics including Luke. Promised Josh I would!

Hey Josh--just sent you a PM regarding our correspondence from last week.

Its been several days since i have posted, just been busy as usual with repaints. Here is the latest......

obi1-1.png

IMG_0783.png

JEBUS CHRIST!!!!!!!:horror:horror:horror

Josh that is awesome! I can't wait to get that puppy home and get it reunited with its body. I'll take some pics and post em...they will probably suck, but I'll post em! :peace

JEBUS CHRIST!!!!!!!:horror:horror:horror

Josh that is awesome! I can't wait to get that puppy home and get it reunited with its body. I'll take some pics and post em...they will probably suck, but I'll post em! :peace

It was a wait but he is on his way back to you my friend. :peace

Also thanks for the other comments fellas:hi5:

Josh, to pick one piece on this thread as my favorite work of yours would be like asking me which of my kids do I love the most. Seriously they are all amazing works of art. You are the true master my friend.

Soon I will decide which head I have in my collection that is the most worthy candidate for a Small Studios treatment and have you do one (or more) for me.

Thank you so much for sharing.

While I am pretty happy with the production paint apps, anyone having Josh repaint the new Ahnuld T2 figure?

That's a mighty nice prequel obi wan....!!

While Josh's paint apps definitely best Hot Toys, there are just so many other sculpts out there screaming louder for his talent...imo.

While Josh's paint apps definitely best Hot Toys, there are just so many other sculpts out there screaming louder for his talent...imo.

I could not agree more but I do love seeing his take on all different ranges of heads. Heck I'd probably take a look even if he were to do a Ken doll!

Back