Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I was thinking about people stating that SS will do a SE PF, if they plan on doing a PF of SE, why did they waste a perfectly awesome pose on what everyone is saying a 1/5th.

:goodpost: Maybe they got an awsomer pose lined up for the PF, but who knows?

They sucker people into buying both? Is that your interpretation of them producing something in a scale you don't want?

Not really, when the Snake Eyes PF comes out, I'm sure a lot of those that bought him in comiquette form will spring for the PF as well. But you never know I guess..... Anyways it was ink's post, I was just agreeing with him, why did you not ask him that same question? : )

Are you getting him devilof76?

$325 is a little penny for this piece but I'm a Joe's statue fiend and there is no way that I'm going to pass this up for anything. As long it's in statue form Joe's and/or Cobra's I'm buying pretty much all of them. I have 4 tiers of 30"X16" shelves that I have planned to dedicate to this part of my collection and need more G.I. statues to put on them.

I need and want more sideshow...:D

To me it is a must have, no matter price or size, it looks great, I have almost bought custom Snake Eyes statues that were alot less appealling for ALOT more $$ a few times. I am with you Joe related statues I am in for the long run, no matter who the character is.

I do think with the 500 ES once again it's a little overzealous. With that being said, I think that I'll be able to get away with ordering down the line. As to not having to make the NRD commitment. If it starts to sale out faster than anticipated. I'd jump on around the time of the low quantity bar shows up.

yeah 500 for the exc is alot, and the price is going to guarantee this sits in stock for awhile, sucks. I will be ordering this today, the nrd as much as I hate them does bring down the cost a little towards the end, so it feels like I am getting a small deal lol :cuckoo:

Now I was thinking about people stating that SS will do a SE PF, if they plan on doing a PF of SE, why did they waste a perfectly awesome pose on what everyone is saying a 1/5th.

I am hoping for a bit more of an action shot for the PF, the Lara Croft opened the doors for more dymanic poses in 1:4 scale. Hopefully it will be some type of companion piece to Stormshadow.

I prefer 1:4, but I am sure there are many others who do not like that size because of space, so the smaller scales may fit better for some collectors, I am in the category of if it is Joe related, I will buy it....deciding against some of the enviornments lately though, too many and I don't open the figures, so no real need for them.

so they can sucker people into buying a 1/5 & a 1/4 scale snake eyes later

I got suckered in, if the pf is half as good as the comiquette, I will be happy.

This will be my first ever G I Joe collectable.

congrats! Hopefully more will join in to support the Joe line!

:goodpost: Maybe they got an awsomer pose lined up for the PF, but who knows?

I hope so, this will be tough to beat.

Not really, when the Snake Eyes PF comes out, I'm sure a lot of those that bought him in comiquette form will spring for the PF as well. But you never know I guess..... Anyways it was ink's post, I was just agreeing with him, why did you not ask him that same question? : )

Are you getting him devilof76?

I see many that get this will trade up for the pf if it is better, I will be keeping both, I already have 7 something snake Eyes statues, what's a couple more?? I am sure we will see more of him too, in dios, LSB possible 1:1

I am hoping for a bit more of an action shot for the PF, the Lara Croft opened the doors for more dymanic poses in 1:4 scale. Hopefully it will be some type of companion piece to Stormshadow.

I prefer 1:4, but I am sure there are many others who do not like that size because of space, so the smaller scales may fit better for some collectors, I am in the category of if it is Joe related, I will buy it....deciding against some of the enviornments lately though, too many and I don't open the figures, so no real need for them.

True spazzy and I agree on the PF pose, hope it turns out well :goodpost:

I see many that get this will trade up for the pf if it is better, I will be keeping both, I already have 7 something snake Eyes statues, what's a couple more?? I am sure we will see more of him too, in dios, LSB possible 1:1

I agree most will wait, get both or trade up when the PF comes out, Snake Eyes would be my choice if I had multiple versions as well, the dio turned out great too!

I was VERY impressed with the dio, the base looks great, the detail is awesome, the pose is outstanding, I am surprised it did not do better, I know they are red ninjas he is fighting, but it fits well into his story....I love the choice.

I was VERY impressed with the dio, the base looks great, the detail is awesome, the pose is outstanding, I am surprised it did not do better, I know they are red ninjas he is fighting, but it fits well into his story....I love the choice.

I've been eyeing that dio for months

But 1/6th collectors are not complaining about the statue collectors but about the statues themselves. Whats wrong with that?I dont collect statues and think they are an absolute waste of space in the Joe line, I dont say the same for Marvel or SW as sales have shown there is a fan base for them. But in the Joe line, the sales speak volumes. Sure a few peeps like them, nothing wrong with that, but most could care less

Never said they were...said they were in a statue thread complaining that this was a statue and not a 1/6.

I'm pretty sure that with the making of this SE statue it will probably help sale a few more SE dioramas.

I see it as, if the Joe/Cobra statue line keeps putting out these statue. It will just help sale a few extras of it's particular counterparts.

So, I have been considering buying this but using points to shave off part of the cost. So, I have a couple questions. First, what is the value of points? as in, if i have 300 pts, how much is that in $? Second, the pts are only good 40 days after an item ships so is it possible to order an item and then apply the pts at a later date once they become active? Depending on these 2 questions, I would strongly consider ordering the EX for this snake eyes.

Back