Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty expensive but it is still less than the Spider-Man Comiquette, which was $359.99. I think it is fairly comparable in terms of what you get, although at $324.99 it is STILL really expensive and Sideshow seems to like increasing the prices dramatically to whatever amount the can force people to pay.

I guess that's what happens when it's 1/4 scale and your base is half a wall.

Ah crap. Preordered. This will be the only statue I own though. I'm only going for the first of the "other" Sideshow products - SE Vs Red Ninjas dio, CC PF, and now this. That's it for me.

Only 12" from now on (and I'm not including the environments - those have just gotten stupid).

First time I've used Flexpay, too.

Ah crap. Preordered. This will be the only statue I own though. I'm only going for the first of the "other" Sideshow products - SE Vs Red Ninjas dio, CC PF, and now this. That's it for me.

Only 12" from now on (and I'm not including the environments - those have just gotten stupid).

First time I've used Flexpay, too.

I wish that I could say the same for myself when it comes to these Joe's statues, dioramas etc.

Would you get a SE or CC LSB, if Sideshow when on to start making those?

It's what happens when a company wants to charge as much as possible for the most popular Marvel Comics character.
I know Snake Eyes comes with Timber, but fuzzy makes a good point--that wall is humongous. Add in the figure being quarter scale, and you're just getting more statue than you are getting with 1/5 scale Snake Eyes, Timber, and piece of rock. I'm not sure that the MSRP on that one is any more than what you would get for any other comparably sized Marvel statue at this point.

Ultimately though, I agree with you that the price of this Snake Eyes is pretty expensive.

Yep, that too, don't blame them, aftermarket more than made up for it.

The aftermarket DOESN'T make up for it for anyone who actually buys to keep it. It just costs people who want to keep it a lot of money. I will never sell mine, so it doesn't matter how much it goes for on the secondary market to me and to anyone else who will never sell. I wouldn't sell mine for $3,000, because I like the a statue that much and I couldn't afford to replace it if it was that expensive. These statues don't need to be priced so far out of reach either from the company or on the secondary market. I would be much happier if they made more and cost much less, even lost a little money on the secondary market. Honestly, a lot of the pieces I buy when they come out I only buy because I'm afraid they will be priced out of reach in the future even though there are other things that I could buy that I would benefit from a lot more. It kind of sucks.

The aftermarket DOESN'T make up for it for anyone who actually buys to keep it. It just costs people who want to keep it a lot of money. I will never sell mine, so it doesn't matter how much it goes for on the secondary market to me and to anyone else who will never sell. I wouldn't sell mine for $3,000, because I like the a statue that much and I couldn't afford to replace it if it was that expensive. These statues don't need to be priced so far out of reach either from the company or on the secondary market. I would be much happier if they made more and cost much less, even lost a little money on the secondary market. Honestly, a lot of the pieces I buy when they come out I only buy because I'm afraid they will be priced out of reach in the future even though there are other things that I could buy that I would benefit from a lot more. It kind of sucks.

These are limited edition collectibles, not kiddie garbage marketed through TRU or Spencers. While I'm sure people would be happier with a cheaper price, it comes with the territory and we all pay to play.

I wish that I could say the same for myself when it comes to these Joe's statues, dioramas etc.

Would you get a SE or CC LSB, if Sideshow when on to start making those?

Um, I dunno. What's an LSB?

I guess the limit I set for myself is the first of every new format - but only that. So maybe I would get an LSB, whatever it is - but only the first one they do.

I like what Sideshow is doing but for me GI Joe is first and foremost an action figure, and I don't want all this other stuff taking over the display.

OH, DEAR GOD . . .

I just realized . . .

WHAT IF . . .

WHAT IF . . .

Sideshow . . . actually . . . dares . . . to produce . . . a life size offering from the GI JOE RAH line like they did with other some licenses?

GOD HELP US if they do.

OH, DEAR GOD . . .

I just realized . . .

WHAT IF . . .

WHAT IF . . .

Sideshow . . . actually . . . dares . . . to produce . . . a life size offering from the GI JOE RAH line like they did with other some licenses?

GOD HELP US if they do.

Why? A good 90% of us will pass and _____ about how they should spend that time on 1/6. Likely more. I have absolutely ZERO interest in 1/1 Joe busts. :lol

I don't think if I would get 1:1 busts of any Joes. Those are just kind of weird collectibles IMO. A bust of Thomas Jefferson or Beethoven or whatever I can understand. But Wolverine and Snake Eyes? I dunno. I get many things, that I don't.

Back