Snow Corporation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know it looks fab I need to have a look at a marmit tie well to be honest it down to every one else and what they think will look cool.

Ow and Cbob... I did a little casting for you..... I will send some pics :)

Nps, if u need better piccies i'll do some outside. Its a damn fine looking helm and size wise it fits nicely with the SS stormies etc.

Mmm piccies :yess:

Cheers Cbob I have changed it right away. :)

As for harm to you marmit buckets Sithlord.... the only possible problem is that I will love it sooooo much I will never give it back and we will have to engage in a open air wrestling match in leotards and fake tan before I surrender it to you mooohhhhaaaahhhaahhhaaaar

:)
sorry about that, well I would only need the Tie helm really as I have a AT-AT and I chuffin love em

at-at14.JPG

Lol I'm having a rather unpleasant image, grown men in mankinis !!!

I'll check if the chest boxes are different as well mate

LOL too much man love being shared about in this thread!

correction!

LOL too much guy love being shared about in this thread!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lL4L4Uv5rf0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lL4L4Uv5rf0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mark now that Marmit's are being cast I would love to see some Mandalorian armor making it's way out to the masses.

Rather than using it to recreate Jango or Boba, I would like to have some to create some generic Mandos.

The Medicoms would work just as well but I'm pretty sure the Marmits are closer to 1/6 scale.

mark - what are the risks of damage to the originals?

Mark = :chug :stake :mwaha ......sithlord13 = :horror :cuss :crying

Seriously though, I would think that it can be done with out any damage. :)

Would my koto bash tie pilot helm n box be any good?

I thought the Koto stuff was 1/7th scale, so wouldn't it cause the same problems as using a Tomy helm, being to so small to be made an actual helmet. I was thinking about picking some of the shrinking mold stuff to experiment with, and was just thinking that could work on a Hasbro helm.

Mark now that Marmit's are being cast I would love to see some Mandalorian armor making it's way out to the masses.

Rather than using it to recreate Jango or Boba, I would like to have some to create some generic Mandos.

The Medicoms would work just as well but I'm pretty sure the Marmits are closer to 1/6 scale.

I would think it would be better to cast or make armor plates like on the Medicom version and attach them to vinyl/leather/fabric vests. I thought the Marmit chest piece was made like the Hasbro Ultimate Jango, which is 1 piece and made from a flexable type plastic/rubber.

I would think it would be better to cast or make armor plates like on the Medicom version and attach them to vinyl/leather/fabric vests. I thought the Marmit chest piece was made like the Hasbro Ultimate Jango, which is 1 piece and made from a flexable type plastic/rubber.

exactly what occured to me last night- looks so much better

I have thought about that on and off for a while now, as i have a box full of Mando parts from Hasbro, Tomy, Marmit and Medicom I have been collecting for a long time, but only Ultimate Jango chest pieces and the armor plates scavenged from older Hasbro Boba's, and I have a complete ultimate Jando and the talking Boba sitting on my shelves that seriously need to be worked on and or replaced. I have just been holding off till I decide to what I want to do about the chest parts.

After I sort myself out a nice Jango and Boba I will probably sell most of the unused stuff, since the only other Mandolorian I am really interested in is one from KOTOR, and mabee the guy from the Clone Wars.

Nice job sithlord - although I think Skirata looks a little tired...

What headsulpt it that?

By the way, The only Mando parts that should be cast are the gauntlets, helmet, and jetpack, and maybe the knees. The chest armor could easily be made from plastic-card cut outs with a little heat-forming. There's templates for all the armor pieces on the dented helmet forums (put that into google and you should be able to find it) that are pretty good IMO.

It would just seem silly to use up expensive silicone and resin for a couple of almost flat, detail-less pieces. There are usually 2 engraved lines in the left pectoral plate, and a square engraved in the center chest piece, but everything else could be a bent flat piece of plastic.

Thanks I always thought he would look tired somehow
It's a did sculpt -can't remember who I weathered it and grayed the hair

Darned they look so cool. I would love to do some mandos but I am trying to stick to the OT stuff.

Once I have done the Scorch I would like to have a pop at the marmit tie bucket that Sithlords gonna lend me. Unfortunately I seem to be able only to focus on one project at a time at the mo :( but thats cool.

I got some planet of the HT Apes figures the other day, totally wiped out the toy fun but chuff me they are stunning. I really would love a couple more gorillas or even some heads. the fur on them is just great.
The chap I got one from gave me a horse to... 1-6th that is as a real one would never get up the stair to the loft.

I will try to take some shots today.

:)

Nice job sithlord - although I think Skirata looks a little tired...

What headsulpt it that?

By the way, The only Mando parts that should be cast are the gauntlets, helmet, and jetpack, and maybe the knees. The chest armor could easily be made from plastic-card cut outs with a little heat-forming. There's templates for all the armor pieces on the dented helmet forums (put that into google and you should be able to find it) that are pretty good IMO.

It would just seem silly to use up expensive silicone and resin for a couple of almost flat, detail-less pieces. There are usually 2 engraved lines in the left pectoral plate, and a square engraved in the center chest piece, but everything else could be a bent flat piece of plastic.

I have molds of the chest armor and helmet and rangefinder.I am working on molds of all the armor for the mandos.it will be a month or so before I have all the molds done.I have to many projects going right now.

Nice one Mike, they will be great and I can not wait to see em!! I found the Lando bucket by the way and I have cast you up that commando bit and will try to get it in the post on friday mate!

Though it seems from how little materials it would take to mold and cast the armor plates it would still be worth it since you would get any fine details in the cast parts, and it would be a ton less work than trying to shape plastic card stuff.

I still have quite a few parts to mold,but when I am done all that will be needed to do custom mandos will be the jumpsuit,body and your imagination.oh I for got I have the first jango jet pack molded and have pulled 3 nice packs so far.

Darned they look so cool. I would love to do some mandos but I am trying to stick to the OT stuff.

Once I have done the Scorch I would like to have a pop at the marmit tie bucket that Sithlords gonna lend me. Unfortunately I seem to be able only to focus on one project at a time at the mo :( but thats cool.

I got some planet of the HT Apes figures the other day, totally wiped out the toy fun but chuff me they are stunning. I really would love a couple more gorillas or even some heads. the fur on them is just great.
The chap I got one from gave me a horse to... 1-6th that is as a real one would never get up the stair to the loft.

I will try to take some shots today.

The Apes are brilliant , aren't they Dorgs ! The General Ursus was the last figure I bought before I swore off buying HT stuff ( at least for a while ) and it broke my heart to know that I wasn't going to be able to pick up the other two . I've been keeping my eyes open for a horse too , but haven't had any luck so far . ( Although the "World Peacekeeper" range of figures have a horse in their collection , I'm hoping to check one out at some point ). Get them pics posted !

Back